watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Jesse Lingard

Started by bog, June 02, 2021, 08:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I was not a fan of Lingard at United but after his loan to Wham I am. He is really on form but is left out of the England squad.....but will play this evening. Emm 

James Ward-Prowse misses out but Jordan Henderson goes even though he is not fit and has not played for months. Emm (2) :doh:

092.gif

Blawarmy

Quote from: bog on June 02, 2021, 08:21:50 AM
I was not a fan of Lingard at United but after his loan to Wham I am. He is really on form but is left out of the England squad.....but will play this evening. Emm 

James Ward-Prowse misses out but Jordan Henderson goes even though he is not fit and has not played for months. Emm (2) :doh:

092.gif
4 right backs gets me

Slaphead in Qatar

Often to win tournament games you need a touch of magic, a player who does something out of the ordinary. Lingard is one such player - he should be in the squad.

Also Ward Prowse dead ball expertise would have come in useful.

4 right backs - dumb selection by Gareth.

JimmyConway

Always though internationally Lingard only done it against the smaller nations like last World Cup. Come the semi finals went missing bit like Deli Ali.
Have a period when it goes well but can't sustain performances over a season or at the big tournaments. Don't get me wrong there are plenty more like him over the years and some in current England squad Stones and Shaw come to mind.

Slaphead in Qatar

Stones I'm worried about - mistakes crept back into his game at the end of the season.

Also I'm not convinced by Pickford.

Somerset Fulham

I get the four right backs strangely enough, they can all play in different positions and that makes sense.

I don't get Henderson at all though. He's not fit, and it's not a Beckham or Ronneylike gamble to not take him.

Jim©

Quote from: bog on June 02, 2021, 08:21:50 AM

092.gif

Perhaps the game Southgate watched him at was West Ham at Fulham, he was utterly pointless. Made Cav look like Ronaldo.

ALG01

I recall bryan robson going to a world cup injured and keegan/nbrooking and it always ends in tears.... grealish, hendo, mguire all big gambles, I think they are errors and taking up three spaces for players that are actually fit

4 right backs and not ward prowse is ridiculous. The question of being versatile is nonsense. they are full backs.

Willham

I heard reports that Henderson was brought in for his versatility and ability to play CB...... but we have plenty who can play CB????

I do hope that Maguire and stones aren't the partnership. I've never enjoyed them both together. Why hengeland and Hughes were so good together ws because hengeland could step forward to meet the ball or man while Hughes would cover, but both Maguire and stones are like hengeland, they both CB who step forward out of line. They dont breed a sense of safety to me.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

If lingard was still at United, he'd have been picked. Raheem Sterling, who's been so off the boil this season, has been picked. Would he have been had he been at Wet Spam? Probably not. Grealish is so overrated it's a joke.

Karlos

With TAA injured here's hoping Lingard is the replacement

Nero

With a 26 man square that 2 in each position with 4 left over. Really no need for someone to be able to play in more then 1 position unless you are taking a load of injuries players

Blawarmy

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on June 02, 2021, 11:40:39 AM
Stones I'm worried about - mistakes crept back into his game at the end of the season.

Also I'm not convinced by Pickford.
Pickford is the best we have. Stones I agree is a liability.  Our CB situation isn't great. A bit like ours at the start of last season. Ok, maybe not that bad!