watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR. Palace must be favourites to go down

Started by bobby01, June 05, 2021, 08:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

MartyFFC

Stupid though unsurprising decision to let Hodgson go. Watch them appoint the Levante under-7's coach, then when they're 19th in November they'll bring in Tony Pulis

filham

We could see Brentford, Watford and Palace battling it out at the bottom of the table next season, but then again one of them may surprise us and be in the top six at Christmas. Who can tell at this stage.

SP

IMO, Palace will be fine as they have players who create & score goals. In addition, I expect they'll pick up another quality striker to add to the ranks. And, the new slimline Benteke has just signed for another 2 years. If they can get Eze fit, he's an exciting prospect. From what I've seen of Norwich, I expect them to be down there.

rebel

I think it will be the 3 that go up, Brentford won't be able to play the same attacking football in the Prem. Norwich are wiser, but not 'smarter'. Watford, I'm not sure they performed that well in the Championship and will need a big investment.

Nero

Quote from: SP on June 05, 2021, 10:43:55 AM
IMO, Palace will be fine as they have players who create & score goals. In addition, I expect they'll pick up another quality striker to add to the ranks. And, the new slimline Benteke has just signed for another 2 years. If they can get Eze fit, he's an exciting prospect. From what I've seen of Norwich, I expect them to be down there.

Zaha wants to leave again, and Eze injured need to get in new players as 22 out of contract, no manager, could be a tough season, but they have a football chap as DoF so will be fine apparently but he let them get into this position 

bobby01

I was surprised on some of the big names leaving, like Townsend, Hennessy etc
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Finnans Right Peg

I would snap up townsend and cahill on a free great experience and can still cut it in the premier league

St Eve

They should cash in on Zaha. He left once before and didn't make it and came crawling back

SP

Quote from: St Eve on June 05, 2021, 12:35:50 PM
They should cash in on Zaha. He left once before and didn't make it and came crawling back

A great player but I'm not sure anyone's going to spend big money on him again?

Bill2

Apparently wants to leave so I expect to see him gone, rest of the team are getting on a bit so not sure they will stay up.

shepperton white

I am going to buck the trend a bit and say I think Brentford may well surprise us.  They could teach some of the bigger clubs a little with recruitment strategy.  I think they'll end up somewhere between 13th and 16th, providing the keep the current squad and add two three more.

YankeeJim

Quote from: MartyFFC on June 05, 2021, 08:49:22 AM
Stupid though unsurprising decision to let Hodgson go. Watch them appoint the Levante under-7's coach, then when they're 19th in November they'll bring in Tony Pulis

No. He isn't defensive enough. They'll go for Parker.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Dunstable Fulham

Quote from: shepperton white on June 05, 2021, 03:07:06 PM
I am going to buck the trend a bit and say I think Brentford may well surprise us.  They could teach some of the bigger clubs a little with recruitment strategy.  I think they'll end up somewhere between 13th and 16th, providing the keep the current squad and add two three more.
I agree with you on Brentford. Their manager will also be much more positive than ours was. They will go out to win games against teams around them and in the bottom half. I wouldn't mind betting they will win 10-12 games next season. Our record of 5 wins all season was bloody pathetic.

SP

I'm not so sure about the Bees, they'll need to recruit some real quality.  They probably also need to stop sending 10 players up for corners.

Somerset Fulham

He got bombed for banging the manager's daughter.

Sting of the North

From what I have seen of Brentford they would need about 5 new starters at the very least. Few players look like PL quality, and even though a few may step up it is likely a few won't. So the same as for almost all promoted teams.

Bill2

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 05, 2021, 11:42:44 PM

From what I have seen of Brentford they would need about 5 new starters at the very least. Few players look like PL quality, and even though a few may step up it is likely a few won't. So the same as for almost all promoted teams.
The promoted teams biggest issue is that their defenders have never played against forward and midfield players of the quality of the premiership, just look at how ours fared last season and we thought players like Hector were good when they were in the Championship. I am not just talking about the top 6 but all the way through. Didn't see any Brentford football last season but it will be very different test for them next season.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on June 05, 2021, 08:24:24 PM
I agree with you on Brentford. Their manager will also be much more positive than ours was. They will go out to win games against teams around them and in the bottom half. I wouldn't mind betting they will win 10-12 games next season. Our record of 5 wins all season was bloody pathetic.

:plus one:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

St Eve

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on June 05, 2021, 08:51:44 PM

He got bombed for banging the manager's daughter.
Sir Alex was the manager