watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Always great to see a Fulham supporter get a century at Lords

Started by Hadleigh White, June 05, 2021, 04:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Judging by your Viewings so far does anyone know what you are talking about?

junior white

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on June 05, 2021, 04:55:23 PM
Assuming it is Rory Burns

Plodder

I have read that both Burns and Foakes are Fulham supporters.

davew

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on June 05, 2021, 04:55:23 PM
Of course we do, shame about the rest of the team!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Penfold

Plays for the wrong county. 🤪 But I support all players playing for England. Great knock from the geezer.

Dunstable Fulham

Good to read . He had a bit of luck at times today but his performance was full of fight, grit and determination. Well done to him.

Somerset Fulham

I didn't know he was one of us, but well done on the century!

Hopefully he can finally kick on a bit now and cement himself in the side, God knows we need some of these prospects to start performing regularly now.

Dunstable Fulham

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on June 05, 2021, 08:50:13 PM

Hopefully he can finally kick on a bit now and cement himself in the side, God knows we need some of these prospects to start performing regularly now.
Fully agree - we are off to Australia in November and we need players at the top of their game.
I love Fulham to bits but I also love my cricket. My happiest days in life were spending a couple of weeks with my Nan in Fulham during the summer holidays - it always tied in with the start of the football season and late stages of cricket season - me and my twin brother would stay at my nans - our itenory would be - oval or lords during the day Monday to Friday - Tuesday/Wednesday evening Fulham game and whoever was playing locally on the other evening - Saturday - Fulham game - home or away - second week -  repeat. Happiest days of my life !

Dunstable Fulham

Forgot to say - middle Sunday - John Player league cricket at either Lords or the Oval.

SP

Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on June 05, 2021, 09:31:07 PM

Fully agree - we are off to Australia in November and we need players at the top of their game.
I love Fulham to bits but I also love my cricket. My happiest days in life were spending a couple of weeks with my Nan in Fulham during the summer holidays - it always tied in with the start of the football season and late stages of cricket season - me and my twin brother would stay at my nans - our itenory would be - oval or lords during the day Monday to Friday - Tuesday/Wednesday evening Fulham game and whoever was playing locally on the other evening - Saturday - Fulham game - home or away - second week -  repeat. Happiest days of my life !

Great post DF, sounds like an idyllic lifestyle.

I miss playing football but I miss playing cricket far far more.

Somerset Fulham

Great days!

The greatest sporting event of my life (some here may disagree!) was seeing England win the Ashes at the SCG in 2010. We didn't just win it, Strauss and co utterly destroyed them.

25,000 England fans singing 'Are you Scotland in disguise' (among many, many other fantastic songs) as each Aussie batsman fell was utterly glorious.

Somerset Fulham

I know there are mixed views about the Barmy Army, but this was absolutely brilliant.

Apologies for not being how to post the actual vid here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5mleuRytSg

Mitchell Johnson coming out for a classic duck with his song being sung by them all was also astounding.

Plodder

We are off to Australia in November

I am lucky enough to have seen a day/night game between England and Australia A at the MCG in the mid 1990s, and I would love to see a Test there one day.  I hope you get the opportunity, but I fear that because of Covid-19, "Fortress Australia" will not be allowing England cricket supporters and tourists into the country until mid 2022. I would like to combine a visit to family in Melbourne in 2025 with the Boxing Day Test, provided (with apologies to Somerset Fulham) I am sitting as far away from the Barmy Army as possible. Sorry to sound like the old misery guts I am, but I go to cricket matches to watch cricket.

I also hope to get to Melbourne for a British and Irish Lions Test in 2024 (assuming one is played there).

Somerset Fulham

I would love to go back again one day too, almost moved out there years back but it never quite came off. I still regret that.

No worries, Plodder! The BA have moved on alot from those days, I'm not sure how keen I would be to be amongst it these days.

kiwian

Obviously you weren't talking about the Sth African turned Kiwi who scored a double ton then! I was in Christchurch when Astle scored 222 and blasted the English bowlers all over and out of the park. My son and I sat near the Barmy Army and they quietened down during his innings but were still complimentary to him. A brilliant day.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?