watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What's the use of undersoil heating

Started by FC Silver Fox, December 18, 2010, 04:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FC Silver Fox

What's the point of spending vast amounts of money on undersoil heating, covers, salting the pitch and various other methods of keeping the pitch playable, if the authorities are going to postpone games for travel safety reasons?  Seems a daft waste of money to me. They'd do better providing heated seats for the fans.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

FatFreddysCat

Elf and safety gone mad again  :046: .

Blingo

Keeps the worms warm, so that when there's no football you can fish in the Thames from the Riverside. I thought everyone knew that.  :wine: :hook:

Sector9

Because getting from London to Liverpool today, and back again, would have been near impossible/dangerous for travelling fans??

Tom

Quote from: Sector9 on December 19, 2010, 01:58:47 AM
Because getting from London to Liverpool today, and back again, would have been near impossible/dangerous for travelling fans??
Why?
Fulham for life!

Jimpav

Quote from: Tom on December 19, 2010, 08:09:01 AM
Why?

Because despite once having an Rmpire and strutting around under the pompusnnale of Greatbritain we're actually quite pathetic and can't handlefour inches of snow Tom.

Practiallu all trains stopped running yesterday in my part of England so I had to walk 8 miles through snow and ice to gethome!

Tom

Quote from: Jimpav on December 19, 2010, 09:08:18 AM
Quote from: Tom on December 19, 2010, 08:09:01 AM
Why?

Because despite once having an Rmpire and strutting around under the pompusnnale of Greatbritain we're actually quite pathetic and can't handlefour inches of snow Tom.

Practiallu all trains stopped running yesterday in my part of England so I had to walk 8 miles through snow and ice to gethome!
Wow. Have you guys heard of snow plows ans shovels?
Fulham for life!

epsomraver

Not much use when A) the snow is 25cm deep in less than an hour. B snow ploughs cannot get past abandoned cars and jack knifed lorries, what you cal a sem-eye and we call a semi

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Because clubs are financially penalised for a game called off due to the pitch but not for a game called off due to conditions outside of the stadium / their control...