watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many on here actually realise

Started by blingo, June 10, 2021, 10:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

That TK is actually co owner of FFC. He will never step down and Daddy will never remove him from his post. 094.gif 094.gif 094.gif

hovewhite

Quote from: blingo on June 10, 2021, 10:53:11 AM
That TK is actually co owner of FFC. He will never step down and Daddy will never remove him from his post. 094.gif 094.gif 094.gif
interestingly,none of there sporting interests and activities have been in anyway successful.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

The khan's aren't bad owners. By any stretch of the imagination.
They could be far far worse.
Not necessarily good "football knowledge" but their hearts are definitely in the right place. The amount of negative comments surrounding them is astounding.

blingo

They are good at rebuilding the stadiums to a very high standard, the sporting side of things don't seem to matter as long as it more or less covers it's cost. To me it looks like they are continually asset building. They have bought bucket loads of farm land too. I doubt if they own one cow between them.

snarks

Quote from: hovewhite on June 10, 2021, 11:56:25 AM
interestingly,none of there sporting interests and activities have been in anyway successful.

Depends what you define as success, their value has increased from £770 million to £2.33 billion, and they've lost the conference final in The playoffs under his ownership. Also 12 out of the 32 teams have never won the Super Bowl

Cambridge Pete

Like Rufus I don't understand all the bile aimed at the Khan's and TK in particular. We could have far worse owners. Is the statement that all the Khan's sporting interests have failed correct?. I have read that the Jags are worth a lot more now than when they bought them and I also recall a recent news bite that AEW was making good profits. Whilst I would love TK to seek guidance (Roy and Ray?) but  at the end of the day I am convinced that they want a successful club and that they will be able to do this

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on June 10, 2021, 12:01:23 PM
They are good at rebuilding the stadiums to a very high standard, the sporting side of things don't seem to matter as long as it more or less covers it's cost. To me it looks like they are continually asset building. They have bought bucket loads of farm land too. I doubt if they own one cow between them.

The Farm land consists of 2 sheep and a goat which they received for selling Fonte and 14 other failures who couldn't beat a carpet, head a search party, foul a footpath, tackle a boiled egg, pass water or kick a bucket, and some odd balls seen next to the Manure Pit running round in fluorescent tights chanting wrestling is a jolly good fellow.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Cambridge Pete on June 10, 2021, 12:18:39 PM
Like Rufus I don't understand all the bile aimed at the Khan's and TK in particular. We could have far worse owners. Is the statement that all the Khan's sporting interests have failed correct?. I have read that the Jags are worth a lot more now than when they bought them and I also recall a recent news bite that AEW was making good profits. Whilst I would love TK to seek guidance (Roy and Ray?) but  at the end of the day I am convinced that they want a successful club and that they will be able to do this

Ok but the issues are generally with Khan Junior which is common knowledge even to a recluse sitting in a cave on Mars. But we do take your point and that is fine and we will all remember that when we are in the Combined Counties League.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Penfold

The Jags are worth more than SK paid due to the value of the NFL as a whole going up, from what I understand.

On the playing field, they have been utterly dreadful. I just looked it up, and in nine seasons, 8 losing years. One successful season where they got to the last 4.

Regularl season results, won 39 lost 105. That's dire.

For Fulham to have financial value, the club needs to reestablish itself in the Premier League, no rewards for failure.

Andy S

It is all well over the top. It is a fact that after Fulham1987 we could have been a smaller club than Brentford
So I am grateful for the input of the khan's no matter what league we are playing in

Penfold

Quote from: Andy S on June 10, 2021, 12:31:20 PM
It is all well over the top. It is a fact that after Fulham1987 we could have been a smaller club than Brentford
So I am grateful for the input of the khan's no matter what league we are playing in

I'm grateful for the financial input and remember the (very) bad times. However, that should not give the owners a free ride that because we are not in the horrendous state that we once were, all is fine. Football wise, we have regressed since Mr Khan bought the club and it is frustrating. With the financial input AND good footballing decisions he would be hero worshipped.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: snarks on June 10, 2021, 12:16:40 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on June 10, 2021, 11:56:25 AM

Depends what you define as success, their value has increased from £770 million to £2.33 billion, and they've lost the conference final in The playoffs under his ownership. Also 12 out of the 32 teams have never won the Super Bowl

You can't know the game or the Jags and say this without being entirely sarcastic. The Jacksonville Jaguars with the exception of one freak season have been a shambles under the Khan's. No one has lost more games quicker as an NFL owner than Shahid Khan has - no one.

roberto w6

I don't rate them as particularly bad owners
I think TK is in the wrong role. He may be able to add a lot on the merchandising side or other areas of common competencies that he has dealt with for the Jaguars. But I think we desperately need a "name" Director of Football who can attract players and who can either advise Parker so that he improves or attract a new manager who plays more in the spirit of what we all seem to be looking for - progressive attacking football.

perry geyton

That's OK with me Bongo, he's  just gotta get the right man in to assist him

rebel

I don't think it's 'bile', they get stuff right, from that position they 'undo' all the good work.

Andy S

Our situation has not been ideal over the last few seasons but we are not allowed to play on an equal playing field. The big clubs do not want us to. They do not want their positions compromised. We are just fodder to them and they will never be affected by relegation

Fernhurst

" It is all well over the top. It is a fact that after Fulham1987 we could have been a smaller club than Brentford"

So true Andy, I'll never forget how crushingly depressed I felt during those dark days.
Thanks to Uncle Mo and Shahid for their constant financial support.

If we ever get the Senior position Management correct we will be a helluva outfit to compete against.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Penfold

Quote from: Andy S on June 10, 2021, 02:37:47 PM
Our situation has not been ideal over the last few seasons but we are not allowed to play on an equal playing field. The big clubs do not want us to. They do not want their positions compromised. We are just fodder to them and they will never be affected by relegation

Leicester have done OK and it's not that long ago we were in a division above. I'm not expecting us to win the league, but it's proof you can compete if well run.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Penfold on June 10, 2021, 02:42:49 PM

Leicester have done OK and it's not that long ago we were in a division above. I'm not expecting us to win the league, but it's proof you can compete if well run.

The difference between us and Leicester is, they don't have Chelsea, QPR, Brentford to contend with.
We have three other clubs, of equal or greater stature than us, within a very short distance.

Statto

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on June 10, 2021, 02:55:06 PM
Quote from: Penfold on June 10, 2021, 02:42:49 PM

The difference between us and Leicester is, they don't have Chelsea, QPR, Brentford to contend with.
We have three other clubs, of equal or greater stature than us, within a very short distance.

What difference does that make?
An extra 10,000 fans each week for Leicester?
Probably equates to about £5m per season
That ain't gonna be determinative of much