watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham put a 16M price tag on Mitro

Started by The Swan, June 12, 2021, 09:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

£ 16m is he worth more to us than that. How much will it cost to replace him.
The Swan

Tabby

I thought the story was that a £16 million offer had been rejected, not that it was the asking price.

JimmyConway

I don't think Fulham have put that price tag on him !! Lots of clubs would want him for that fee?

filham

Mitro would be a bargain at £16m, just think of what we have had to play for some of our failures, Seri for instance.

MartyFFC

More or less guaranteed to bag 20+ in a half-decent side at this level. Given the riches that are on offer for those promoted to the PL; there's absolutely no way he'll be leaving for less than 25 million, surely......

Andy S

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: MartyFFC on June 12, 2021, 10:23:07 PM
More or less guaranteed to bag 20+ in a half-decent side at this level. Given the riches that are on offer for those promoted to the PL; there's absolutely no way he'll be leaving for less than 25 million, surely......

No chance of getting 25m for him now, his stock has dropped dramatically, was actually surprised someone offered 16m

Statto

It Watkins is worth £30m then Mitrovic is in the same ballpark.

Somerset Fulham

In the right side, he is worth way more than that.  Hopefully that will be our side in the coming season.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I don't think his stock has dropped.
I think it's the fact he doesn't fit into Parker's "system" and good scouts/recruiters would realize that.
He hadn't played for us  for ages then scored 3 goals in the qualifying rounds for Serbia.
He is SO MUCH more than all the goals he scores, he can hold up play, bring others in to play, need I go on  ??
Get the ball to him quickly and HE WILL SCORE GOAL
Better crosses and corners and he will SCORE GOALS
If he is SCORING, that makes our whole strategy so much different and better.

Selling him is ridicuoous
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

WORTHINGFULHAM

Quote from: Statto on June 12, 2021, 11:32:53 PM
not a chance, watkins has shown he can cut it in prem and had england cap too, mitro is off the boil and has again not cut the premiership, more of a gamble.

Statto

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on June 12, 2021, 11:58:55 PM
not a chance, watkins has shown he can cut it in prem and had england cap too, mitro is off the boil and has again not cut the premiership, more of a gamble.

Watkins has proven he can cut it in the prem by getting 14 goals this season? Well Mitro got 11 in a relegated team that weren't half as prolific as Villa this year so surely he has too. 

Also Mitro has 60 Serbia caps and 40 goals so not sure Watkins being on the fringe of his national team counts for much...

St Eve

They have not put a price tag on him. According to the Sun, so it must be true, we were offered 16 million which we rejected. We would have to be absolute idiots to sell him. He got us out of the championship twice, is the top scorer for his country ever and if he is played in the premiership by Parker and we feed him he will score. Unfortunately when it comes to transfers we are idiots and he will probably go to West Ham for 10 million, but at least we have Cav and Knocks.

MartyFFC

I guess the pandemic has probably impacted the transfer market, however any assertion he's not even worth 16 million is ridiculous. He wasn't really given many opportunities last season, and was playing under one of the most tedious and negative managers I've ever seen; and continued to be prolific for Serbia. Some people seem to have very short memories. However, even if he can't 'cut it in the prem', he's still worth more than 20 million as we know for a fact that he can cut it in the championship......

Sting of the North

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on June 12, 2021, 11:58:55 PM

Wasn't Watkins worth 30m before he had played in the PL (and thus hasn't shown he can cut it at the time)? The rest is hindsight when discussing the value of a top Championship striker?

hovewhite

They won't let him leave for 16 mill more like 26 mill and to a premier team not to a competitor.

Fulham 442

Quote from: St Eve on June 13, 2021, 01:03:20 AM
They have not put a price tag on him. According to the Sun, so it must be true, we were offered 16 million which we rejected. We would have to be absolute idiots to sell him. He got us out of the championship twice, is the top scorer for his country ever and if he is played in the premiership by Parker and we feed him he will score. Unfortunately when it comes to transfers we are idiots and he will probably go to West Ham for 10 million, but at least we have Cav and Knocks.
Agree with this and, as has been pointed out, he doesn't fit into Parker's system of play so hasn't featured much.  It is pretty hard to score goals when you aren't on the pitch!

SP

As one of my all time favourite players I really hope he stays & we utilise his strengths.  Hopefully, a proper pre-season will see him put his injury problems behind him.

bobby01

Personally I cannot see Mitro staying if Parker remains. Also noticeable he was not in the serbia squad for last weeks friendly..
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Fulham 442

Quote from: bobby01 on June 13, 2021, 09:32:29 AM
Personally I cannot see Mitro staying if Parker remains. Also noticeable he was not in the serbia squad for last weeks friendly..
I think he will want to leave if Parker stays as he wants to play.  I think he would go if a team like West Ham came in for him, he is happy in London as his family is settled. Premier league football too.   Is he injured?  I too thought it strange he wasn't in the Serbia squad for the Japan match.