News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Schick v Cavani goals - which is better?

Started by rebel, June 15, 2021, 08:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Schick's goal is much better in lots of ways.

Whitestone

One was offside and one wasn't so it's gotta be the Schick goal. That said even if Cavani had been onside the Schick goal just tops it.

deadcowboys

Agree with Whitestone that 1 was offside but although Cavani was closer to goal, his strike is better against a quality Keeper unlike Schick's strike against a gone missing Jock. Both wonderful strikes though.

rebel

Quote from: deadcowboys on June 15, 2021, 09:15:51 AM
Agree with Whitestone that 1 was offside but although Cavani was closer to goal, his strike is better against a quality Keeper unlike Schick's strike against a gone missing Jock. Both wonderful strikes though.

I think Whitestone is saying Schick's goal is better, I agree.

blingo

As Sean Connery would say, "I feel Schick after watching that".

Woolly Mammoth

The fact it was scored against scotland makes it a better goal.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

Is this a joke? There's no comparison. The Schick goal is in the top 3 Euro goals of all time. Alongside Van Basten and Gazza
I was there, standing in the Putney end

H4usuallysitting

Schick......even if it hit him on the back of the head and in

H4usuallysitting

Schick's first goal was also very good......can we sign him

filham

No doubt in my mind it was Conroy from the halfway line at Wycombe.

blingo

Jon Harleys goal against Villa in 2003 was better.

Jim©

Quote from: blingo on June 15, 2021, 10:06:14 AM
I couldn't disagree more- Harley just hit that as hard as he could, the Czech showed composure and skill to pop the ball over keeper and curled into top corner.

blingo

Quote from: Jim© on June 15, 2021, 10:14:08 AM
I couldn't disagree more- Harley just hit that as hard as he could, the Czech showed composure and skill to pop the ball over keeper and curled into top corner.

So Harleys goal wasn't as good? Watch Harleys goal again Jim. It's a tremendous strike dipping at just the right time past the keeper. The fact that it was for FFC makes it even sweeter.

Jules

Although I admire the opportunistic nature of goals like these, I would never class them as goal of the season and best goal ever etc. I scored goals like that when I was about 13 years old whacking the ball from 45 yards sailing over a small goalkeeper who couldn't reach the crossbar. It's not like watching a volley fly into a top corner or a mazy dribble around 5 or 6 players.

rebel

The trajectory of the ball started out wide, but curved in, The flight of the ball was amazing. I suppose different people see different things. 

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: blingo on June 15, 2021, 10:17:48 AM
Quote from: Jim© on June 15, 2021, 10:14:08 AM

So Harleys goal wasn't as good? Watch Harleys goal again Jim. It's a tremendous strike dipping at just the right time past the keeper. The fact that it was for FFC makes it even sweeter.

https://youtu.be/s8dCPT4puo8

It is a tremendous goal. Whether he hit it as hard as he could or not, he knew exactly what he was doing.

In answer to the original question..
Schick for sure. Bigger stage, further out and just better all round.

bencher

The absolute embarrassment of the goalkeeper David Marshall who ends up tangled in the net on the floor adds quite a bit to the goal in my opinion. A brilliant goal by Schick. I do wonder if he'll spend the rest of his career trying to live up to that goal though. A bit like Kasami.

Bassey the warrior

Schick's was further out, also he curls it as well as chipping it.