https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thank You Scott Parker

Started by ChesterTheTabby, June 15, 2021, 04:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 21, 2021, 05:07:25 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 21, 2021, 04:50:19 AM
Khan Junior will soon find out that when he takes a dump in his own bed, he will realise it is not a very nice place to sleep.

Before Tony Khan what DOF actually succeeded? None in terms of financial returns, prove me wrong.

2018/19 had a 15% loss, our 23rd most successful season out of the last 29 seasons. The only seasons where the loss was less than 18/19 (which wasn't a good season) were 93/94, 03/04, 07/08, 08/09, 10/11, and 12/13, importantly worse seasons than 18/19 include 02/03, 04/05, 05/06, 09/10, 11/12, 13/14, and every season since 1991 not mentioned above.

Financial Years    Loss %
2017-2019   -38% (i.e. seasons 16/17, 17/18 & 18/19)
2016-2018   -67%
2015-2017   -48%
2014-2016   -43%
2013-2015   -31%
2012-2014   -23%
2011-2013   -7%
2010-2012   -14%
2009-2011   -9%
2008-2010   -16%
2007-2009   -19%
2006-2008   -30%
2005-2007   -38%
2004-2006   -24%
2003-2005   -30%
2002-2004   -51%
2001-2003   -102%
2000-2002   -139%
1999-2001   -189%
1998-2000   -156%
1997-1999   -127%
1996-1998   -100%
1995-1997   -30%
1994-1996   -28%
1993-1995   -37%
1992-1994   -41%
1991-1993   -84%
1990-1992   -90%
1990-1991   -138%

DoF doid not really exist until the mid 2000s in the English game. I think MAF appointed the foirst one so i am not at all sure what point you are making here. Further the point of the DoF is not to oversee  the financial security of the team but to ensure with the funds available we get the best talent and work in conjunction with the head coach/manager toi ensure that talent suits.

TK is being judged purely on that.

I know as do we all that you defend him as if you were him but the teruth is that harmns but does not help the club.

The facts you need to focus on are
TK has no qualification or expereicne with regard to the job he holds at Fulham
He was capatapulted into a senior technical position because of his family connection , not his ability
The DoF is a job that requires 'technical skills' and is a full time position not a part time play thing
He would not have been appointed at any other club, anywhere unoless his dad purchased it first
He would have been shown the door anywhere else for his lack of competence.

YThe financial figuures you show are meaningless in looking at TK's function at pur club, or any other.

The DoF is judged by the talent he brings in based on the budget he is allowed, and the support and advice he can give the manager.

Statto

Before Tony Khan what DOF actually succeeded? None in terms of financial returns, prove me wrong.

You're quite right TRF - if you ignore the football, TK isn't so bad.

The thing is... we're a football club. So you can't really ignore the football. And in football terms, in the 20 years preceding TK's tenure, we rose through three tiers of English football, from the lowest to the highest, going from 91st out of 92 league clubs to 7th and European cup final.

Whereas the Khans have achieved a net return of one relegation.

john dempsey

Khan Junior will soon find out that when he takes a dump in his own bed, he will realise it is not a very nice place to sleep.
A dung beetle would probably
disagree with this point.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ALG01 on June 21, 2021, 09:46:09 AM
DoF did not really exist until the mid-2000s in the English game.
The functions performed by the DOF have always been done in some form. In the past, we had four roles doing recruitment (the scouts, a manager, a doctor, and a chairman) that worked together without one person leading the process, and now in addition we have a DOF that represents the investors to ensure the squad reaches required goals.

I think MAF appointed the first one so i am not at all sure what point you are making here.
My point is our DOF's performance can be measured compared to the previous financial performance of the club.

Further, the point of the DoF is not to oversee the financial security of the Club.
I completely disagree the DOF's role is to oversee that the squad provided gives the best chance to ensure the financial security of the Club. The DOF's role is to release the money to get the right players to ensure the financial security of the Club.

The DOFs role is to ensure with the funds available we get the best talent and work in conjunction with the head coach/manager to ensure that talent suits. TK is being judged purely on that.
Shahid Khan has made it clear that he wants this club to become sustainable, and this club is not sustainable unless we get promoted or we get player/coach costs below £25m per year. So, the DOF's budget is £25m next season unless he can convince the owners that further investment could result in financial gains for the owners.

The DOFs options are many, I suspect he will ask for sufficient investment to stay a yo-yo club with the hope that we get promoted with a team that can can be upgraded to a premier league team with FFP budget allowed.

I know as do we all that you defend him as if you were him but the truth is that harms but does not help the club.
Tony Khan is doing a decent job, he will convince our owners to provide the maximum allowed for under FFP in order to achieve promotion. Hopefully, he gets good advice from his scouts and he listens to the right advice.

What will most hurt the club is for everyone to keep attacking him and he still stays in place, which is frankly the most likely scenrio.

TK has no qualification or experience with regard to the job he holds at Fulham
His most important role is getting money from Shahid Khan, and he has more experience than any other male on the planet for this. BYI, If SK's daughter or wife wants the DOF role, then both of them are expert qualified also.

He was catapulted into a senior technical position because of his family connection , not his ability.
He is the co-owner, and he is there because the owner trusts him to sign off on player deals.

The DoF is a job that requires 'technical skills and is a full-time position not a part-time plaything.
The DOF needs to sign off on the right players, Tony Khan looking at videos of players won't help, what will help is Tony Khan working out the right people to listen to.

He would not have been appointed at any other club, anywhere unless his dad purchased it first.
True, the owner appointed someone he trusts and no other club would trust him so what.

The financial figures you show are meaningless in looking at TK's function at our club, or any other.
The owner appoints a DOF that they believe will invest in the squad to maximize financial results.

The DoF is judged by the talent he brings in based on the budget he is allowed, and the support and advice he can give the manager.
The owner of the club does not judge the DOF by the talent he brings in or the advice he gives the manager. I hardly imagine Shahid Khan expects Tony Khan to give Scott Parker advice. The DOF is judged by minimizing the long-term losses of the club and turning the club around by managing the football side of the business. 

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on June 21, 2021, 09:49:58 AM

You're quite right TRF - if you ignore the football, TK isn't so bad. The thing is... we're a football club. So you can't really ignore the football. And in football terms, in the 20 years preceding TK's tenure, we rose through three tiers of English football, from the lowest to the highest, going from 91st out of 92 league clubs to 7th and European cup final. Whereas the Khans have achieved a net return of one relegation.

MAF had losses of 62% of revenue in his first season in the premier league.
Tony Khan had losses of 15% of revenue in his first season in the premier league.
Anguissa cost around 6% of revenue in his first season in the premier league.
The difference is another (62-15)/6 = 7.83 additional players the price of Anguissa.
You would have to give Tony Khan £279m in the summer of 2018 to have a 62% loss.

If Tony Khan spent £279m in the the summer of 2018, then he would have done better than Tigana with 44pts. The main difference between MAF and SK is not TK, but financial fair players getting in the way.

MAF never spent the money and Fulham has never been good at spend money well, so FFP is killing us.

toshes mate

With all due respect, TRF, our DoF has not maximised our investment or secured us financially at all.  He p***** much more than £100m up the wall and the fallout from that lingers on even now. If he had been anyone else do you seriously believe he'd still be on board?  I'd have no qualms about him if he had been average or thereabouts but IMO he has been absolutely irresponsible and arrogant with it.  He and his ex-mate Klein have done immense damage and it'll take a long time to repair it.  IMHO.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Statto on June 21, 2021, 09:49:58 AM

You're quite right TRF - if you ignore the football, TK isn't so bad.

The thing is... we're a football club. So you can't really ignore the football. And in football terms, in the 20 years preceding TK's tenure, we rose through three tiers of English football, from the lowest to the highest, going from 91st out of 92 league clubs to 7th and European cup final.

Whereas the Khans have achieved a net return of one relegation.

Exactly Mr Sttato!

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a phrase describing the persuasive power of numbers, particularly the use of statistics to bolster weak arguments and in your case Mr TRF .........  a lot of the time complete b**l*cks!

The Rational Fan

Quote from: toshes mate on June 24, 2021, 08:45:10 AM
With all due respect, TRF, our DoF has not maximized our investment or secured us financially at all.  He p***** much more than £100m up the wall and the fallout from that lingers on even now. If he had been anyone else do you seriously believe he'd still be on board?  I'd have no qualms about him if he had been average or thereabouts but IMO he has been absolutely irresponsible and arrogant with it.  He and his ex-mate Klein have done immense damage and it'll take a long time to repair it.  IMHO.

The media is controlled by ex-players loyal to the big clubs, they tell a story that £100m is more than enough investment to make the leap from the championship to the premier league. The Big Clubs want to fans to believe the hype that a club can go from the Championship to the Premier League Challenges with decent management.

But, these days £100m only gets you about five premier league players plus a few championship players. From the pre-season squad, only Sessegnon and Cairney were good enough for the premier league, which means rejects on loan need to fill the four remaining spots, and any injuries that occur need to be filled by championship players.

The logical conclusion is that £100m is probably not enough money, so FFP rather than Tony Khan was to blame. Of course, the ex-players loyal to the big clubs will never admit that FFP rigs the league, because who will watch then.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: john dempsey on June 21, 2021, 01:25:21 PM

My pet Dung Beetle is currently suffering from Diarrhoea. Also my other pet Grizzly Bear is also suffering from the same ailment, though he is getting better but he is not out of the woods yet.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 24, 2021, 08:13:13 AM
DoF did not really exist until the mid-2000s in the English game.
The functions performed by the DOF have always been done in some form. In the past, we had four roles doing recruitment (the scouts, a manager, a doctor, and a chairman) that worked together without one person leading the process, and now in addition we have a DOF that represents the investors to ensure the squad reaches required goals.

I think MAF appointed the first one so i am not at all sure what point you are making here.
My point is our DOF's performance can be measured compared to the previous financial performance of the club.

Further, the point of the DoF is not to oversee the financial security of the Club.
I completely disagree the DOF's role is to oversee that the squad provided gives the best chance to ensure the financial security of the Club. The DOF's role is to release the money to get the right players to ensure the financial security of the Club.

The DOFs role is to ensure with the funds available we get the best talent and work in conjunction with the head coach/manager to ensure that talent suits. TK is being judged purely on that.
Shahid Khan has made it clear that he wants this club to become sustainable, and this club is not sustainable unless we get promoted or we get player/coach costs below £25m per year. So, the DOF's budget is £25m next season unless he can convince the owners that further investment could result in financial gains for the owners.

The DOFs options are many, I suspect he will ask for sufficient investment to stay a yo-yo club with the hope that we get promoted with a team that can can be upgraded to a premier league team with FFP budget allowed.

I know as do we all that you defend him as if you were him but the truth is that harms but does not help the club.
Tony Khan is doing a decent job, he will convince our owners to provide the maximum allowed for under FFP in order to achieve promotion. Hopefully, he gets good advice from his scouts and he listens to the right advice.

What will most hurt the club is for everyone to keep attacking him and he still stays in place, which is frankly the most likely scenrio.

TK has no qualification or experience with regard to the job he holds at Fulham
His most important role is getting money from Shahid Khan, and he has more experience than any other male on the planet for this. BYI, If SK's daughter or wife wants the DOF role, then both of them are expert qualified also.

He was catapulted into a senior technical position because of his family connection , not his ability.
He is the co-owner, and he is there because the owner trusts him to sign off on player deals.

The DoF is a job that requires 'technical skills and is a full-time position not a part-time plaything.
The DOF needs to sign off on the right players, Tony Khan looking at videos of players won't help, what will help is Tony Khan working out the right people to listen to.

He would not have been appointed at any other club, anywhere unless his dad purchased it first.
True, the owner appointed someone he trusts and no other club would trust him so what.

The financial figures you show are meaningless in looking at TK's function at our club, or any other.
The owner appoints a DOF that they believe will invest in the squad to maximize financial results.

The owner of the club does not judge the DOF by the talent he brings in or the advice he gives the manager. I hardly imagine Shahid Khan expects Tony Khan to give Scott Parker advice. The DOF is judged by minimizing the long-term losses of the club and turning the club around by managing the football side of the business. 

Rational Fan, you are being completely irrational. You are not the font of all knowledge, in fact I am starting to believe you are either the Chairmans son or his spokesman.
Tony Khan is not doing a good job, in fact he is not doing any job otherwise we wouldn't be where we are, like a boat load of sailors becalmed off the Barbary Coast stricken down with yellow fever, with limp legs hanging out of bunks and doors swinging on their hinges, yard arms with nobody to fasten them. All hands on board in a deep coma.
As for your financial argument, it is Junior Khan who has wasted money like a bucket of water with holes in, his mediocre charmless negotiating and lack of skills and knowledge has cost Fulham a package and some D of F are made of Beef Stock and some are made of Chicken Stock but TK is just a laughing stock amongst agents, a real soft touch.
As already been stated he is not there because he is qualified or has the ability, he is there because he is his fathers son, and a club is as strong as it's weakest link, and TK is the weakest link in the chain by a country mile.
Note to self : Never trust a dog to watch your food, and one more to remember.
He who feeds the Alligator the most does so in the hope he will be the last to be eaten.

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 24, 2021, 08:56:31 AM
The media is controlled by ex-players loyal to the big clubs, they tell a story that £100m is more than enough investment to make the leap from the championship to the premier league. The Big Clubs want to fans to believe the hype that a club can go from the Championship to the Premier League Challenges with decent management.

But, these days £100m only gets you about five premier league players plus a few championship players. From the pre-season squad, only Sessegnon and Cairney were good enough for the premier league, which means rejects on loan need to fill the four remaining spots, and any injuries that occur need to be filled by championship players.

The logical conclusion is that £100m is probably not enough money, so FFP rather than Tony Khan was to blame. Of course, the ex-players loyal to the big clubs will never admit that FFP rigs the league, because who will watch then.
It is the owners of football clubs who voted in the FFP (PL and FL) rules in an attempt to prevent fringe clubs failing and most football clubs outside the bigger and better supported ones fall in the fringe category.   Those that have large stadia (better than 40K capacity) have a better revenue stream than those who don't have that kind of capacity, and the media money in the top echelons is the lifeboat that supports them.  But they need to be in the PL to really prosper.   A return to terracing/standing room and casual support would possibly alter that balance somewhat but would not be popular because of the serious safety risks perceived to exist because of the untrusted minority who spoiled it when we did have comparative freedoms. 

In the meantime the Khans can splash their cash wherever they wish but unless they spend it wisely then it is worthless to the Club they own because the rules are in place to stop owners splashing the cash.   Even the new stand and Fulham Pier require customers to make them viable and not just another fanciful idea which doesn't have the legs or stamina to survive.   The Academy also needs talent entering through the door before it can produce potential first team talent.  The Khans need to sell the Club as a First Class Football Club and not TK's faddish idea of a toy at the front end in order to impress people that the Club can be trusted at all levels.    TK has been an unmitigated disaster and your attempted defence of him is misguided to say the least, IMHO.   

jarv

I thought this was about Parker.  Is he still with us?

Woolly Mammoth

Yes his cream jacket he borrowed off a vagrant sleeping in a shop doorway is still hanging up in his office.

Never forget your Roots.

john dempsey

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 24, 2021, 09:12:27 AM
Quote from: john dempsey on June 21, 2021, 01:25:21 PM

My pet Dung Beetle is currently suffering from Diarrhoea. Also my other pet Grizzly Bear is also suffering from the same ailment, though he is getting better but he is not out of the woods yet.
Now that really is a lot of s**t your talking about

H3Matt

Divided a fanbase despite diabolical results on the pitch. As a manager I'd give him a D-.

If he goes, I will not miss him.