watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thank You Scott Parker

Started by ChesterTheTabby, June 15, 2021, 04:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

This is not satirical. I will speak out as one of those on this forum who rate and appreciate Scott Parker, both as a player and captain of our team, as an assistant coach, and as our head gaffer. You have an incredibly bright future, and it's unfortunate that you were not given the necessary tools to implement your style and brand of football effectively. Perhaps your requirements in style were too much for us to afford, or perhaps it comes down to TK being out of his depth and refusing to learn to swim. Irregardless, you are a bright, young manager and a top man-manager. If you are leaving, leave with your head held high and I hope you continue to excel and succeed in your career. Many on here may cheer your departure and jeered you from the comfort of their tellies during COVID - but you have done no wrong overall by me. Thank you for your service, thank you for your time, energy, and patience, and best of luck.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Statto

Should say... thanks for leading us to 3 relegations and the lowest spell in our 21st Century history as captain and manager, thanks for making every attacker player worse than they had been at their last club or before you took over, thanks for taking the money including one last pay-off to end your 3-year contract

ron

Yes, he has definitely turned the team around. They now generally pass backwards.

The Rock

I agree with this thread. No one is perfect, he can/could have done better at times, but it is primarily the Kahn's fault not Parker's for where the club is.

RaySmith

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on June 15, 2021, 04:50:27 PM
This is not satirical. I will speak out as one of those on this forum who rate and appreciate Scott Parker, both as a player and captain of our team, as an assistant coach, and as our head gaffer. You have an incredibly bright future, and it's unfortunate that you were not given the necessary tools to implement your style and brand of football effectively. Perhaps your requirements in style were too much for us to afford, or perhaps it comes down to TK being out of his depth and refusing to learn to swim. Irregardless, you are a bright, young manager and a top man-manager. If you are leaving, leave with your head held high and I hope you continue to excel and succeed in your career. Many on here may cheer your departure and jeered you from the comfort of their tellies during COVID - but you have done no wrong overall by me. Thank you for your service, thank you for your time, energy, and patience, and best of luck.

Agree Chester.

All the best to Scott Parker for the future, and thanks for all your efforts with Fulham.

rebel

We know he his capable of setting up a team to compete, we did that against Everton, but that conviction was short lived. Turning Cavaleiro into a striker, when there are better options and we are fighting relegation, can't work out the mechanics of that one.   

H4usuallysitting

I think his salary is thanks enough

filham

I had hopes for Parker and have never called for him to leave, he had a lot of good attributes.
However he leaves behind that terrible record of only nine goals scored at the Cottage in a season, that cannot easily be forgotten or forgiven.
If a new manager doesn't clock up at least that number of goals at home by Christmas I suspect there will be people om this board calling for his head.

jarv

I agree with the post.  He fixed a terrible defence but had nothing to work with up front.  Pretty much all the front men were not premier quality. Cant make a silk pure from a sows ear so they say.

hovewhite

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on June 15, 2021, 04:50:27 PM
thanks Scotty best of luck.
Under the khan's whoever come in will be no better probably won't make play offs the coming season.

Whitestone

Isn't this thread a bit premature ?

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Whitestone on June 15, 2021, 06:23:08 PM

Not according to the fans who are posting celebratory bye bye Scotty posts. Thought I'd speak up for our manager and former player rather than take the easy road of disparaging him.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jules

I'm not a big fan of Scott but if and when he does go, that doesn't resolve our biggest problem. We all know what that is, and if Shahid doesn't move Tony to another role, then we are in for difficult times ahead. No manager or head coach can work in the current situation at the club. Shahid - please get Tony another post like commercial director or executive VP or something. Leave the transfers and football matters to someone who has experience for the good of the club and it's fans!

Milo

I'm not sure I could pinpoint a style or brand of football per se.

His alienation of Mitrovic, and persistence with Onomah, is enough to tilt the balance in favour of parting ways with Parker.

I imagine he will probably have a bright future, but it won't be for at least a few years and as soon as he did "come good" he would be off like a shot to Tottenham etc.

rebel

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on June 15, 2021, 06:48:20 PM

Not according to the fans who are posting celebratory bye bye Scotty posts. Thought I'd speak up for our manager and former player rather than take the easy road of disparaging him.

For all the good things he did, he 'undone them' with poor management decisions.

Lighthouse

Well until he goes officially I shall not bother thanking him for his outstanding service.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Whitestone

Actually I'm in agreement with most of your OP apart from the bit about man management. There are too many rumours about Parker's relationship with Mitro. Something amiss there. A good man manager should have been able to resolve that situation (I'm assuming there is some truth in the rumours but of course we may never know).

Plodder

I agree. I can understand people being of the opinion that that we should have a different manager, but posting celebratory messages is childish. (All this is assuming he leaves; I am sanguine about managers coming and going, but the anti-Parker vitriol makes me irrationally more keen to see him stay).

Twig

Quote from: Plodder on June 15, 2021, 08:08:44 PM

I agree. I can understand people being of the opinion that that we should have a different manager, but posting celebratory messages is childish. (All this is assuming he leaves; I am sanguine about managers coming and going, but the anti-Parker vitriol makes me irrationally more keen to see him stay).

Yes. On balance I think it would be better for him to go but some of the celebratory anti Parker vitriol is horrible.