watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Emma Hayes

Started by WestSussexWhite, June 15, 2021, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestSussexWhite

May be a bit of a quirky suggestion and probably way too progessive for our board, but I would love Emma Hayes as our next manager. Chelsea ladies manager, very highly regarded and having listened to her tactical analysis during the euros coverage I think she would be worth a shot. It's a huge gamble but I'd love it to happen. It won't happen though

Riversider

Give yourself an uppercut for me please.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Riversider on June 15, 2021, 08:42:58 PM

What's the reasons behind not wanting her? I do think there are better options out there though

MartyFFC

I love the way the word progression is used nowadays, in order to passively aggressively insult anyone who disagrees

blingo

U made me laugh Mr Riversider

SP

Why not & perhaps appoint Alex Scott as her deputy, she's very popular on FoF.

mrmicawbers

SP

Quote from: mrmicawbers on June 15, 2021, 09:21:00 PM
The BBC would definitely approve.lol

They certainly would.  (Off topic, but if those BBC executives on the hearing today can be Director Generals then so can I)

The Rational Fan

I think she would be a good choice for many championship or premier league clubs, but she doesn't strike me as ideal for working with Tony Khan a key skill required for this role.

love4ffc

To the OP, I think there are too many men set in their ways who would not approve or support a women manager.  Which is rather sad in my view. 

I do think that there are several women who could do the job however, I also think they will have to break into the men's football side of things more slowly.  Just like women have done in American football I think they will have to start out as assistants to get their foot in the door. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

WestSussexWhite

I agree. I don't think she will get a men's job for a while, but I think she would do an excellent shout for many clubs

Whitestone

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 15, 2021, 08:48:34 PM

What's the reasons behind not wanting her? I do think there are better options out there though

Haven't you answered your own question ?

Slaphead in Qatar

I think the players would listen to her - she's a bit scary.

WestSussexWhite

081.gif
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on June 15, 2021, 10:02:02 PM
I think the players would listen to her - she's a bit scary.

Yeah she's very too the point. She wouldn't work very well with TK though!

sunburywhite

She would be great as a manager if we play beach volley ball when the tide is out by the new stand
Very sexist and not PC but do I care?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

This thread is a wind up isn't it.

H4usuallysitting

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 15, 2021, 09:30:55 PM
I think she would be a good choice for many championship or premier league clubs, but she doesn't strike me as ideal for working with Tony Khan a key skill required for this role.

Nobody can work with a simpleton
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Matt10

I can just see too much controversy here. We don't need a rebuild just because we may be losing Parker. Going with a woman manager, no matter how successful she is, is taking the concept of a rebuild to another level. With all that we have to focus on, from DOS, players and new tactics (most likely), why would we want to add on another challenge to the mix?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 16, 2021, 12:40:55 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 15, 2021, 09:30:55 PM

Nobody can work with a simpleton.

Nonsense, any normal person can work with Tony Khan or someone with his weaknesses. I guarantee you have reported to someone somewhere that is worse to work for than Tony Khan, and you probably saw that person every day. If every time you had to listen to a boss that knew less than you quit, then you'd quit a hell of a lot of jobs.