Main Menu

Emma Hayes

Started by WestSussexWhite, June 15, 2021, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 15, 2021, 10:05:01 PM
081.gif
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on June 15, 2021, 10:02:02 PM
I think the players would listen to her - she's a bit scary.

Yeah she's very too the point. She wouldn't work very well with TK though!

I would give her the opportunity to manage Fulham if Scott leaves. She knows the culture of English football and she would put that nightmare TK in his place.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 16, 2021, 01:01:43 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 16, 2021, 12:40:55 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 15, 2021, 09:30:55 PM
I think she would be a good choice for many championship or premier league clubs, but she doesn't strike me as ideal for working with Tony Khan a key skill required for this role.

Nobody can work with a simpleton.

Nonsense, a normal person can work with Tony Khan or someone with his weaknesses. I guarantee you have reported to someone somewhere that is worse to work with than Tony Khan, and you probably saw that person everyday.

Nonsense, and stop talking nonsense, what is a normal person, you ?
I have never worked with somebody worse than that spoilt brat, I would not allow it and I would eat him for breakfast and he is too much of a security risk and if you knew my job roll you would realise that and feel a complete fool and be in permanent shock mode and apologise profusely for talking NONSENSE.

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 16, 2021, 01:11:33 AM
I think she would be a good choice for many championship or premier league clubs, but she doesn't strike me as ideal for working with Tony Khan a key skill required for this role.

Nonsense, a normal person can work with Tony Khan or someone with his weaknesses. I guarantee you have reported to someone somewhere that is worse to work with than Tony Khan, and you probably saw that person everyday.

I have never worked with somebody worse than that spoilt brat, I would not allow it and I would eat him for breakfast and he is too much of a security risk and if you knew my job roll you would realise that and feel a complete fool and be in permanent shock mode and apologise profusely for talking NONSENSE.

If you have never worked for anyone as bad as Tony Khan, then you are an exceptionally lucky man. Normal people have worked for many bosses worse than Tony Khan and he is far from the most spoilt person ever.

Logicalman

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 16, 2021, 01:26:24 AM

If you have never worked for anyone as bad as Tony Khan, then you are an exceptionally lucky man. Normal people have worked for many bosses worse than Tony Khan and he is far from the most spoilt person ever.

However enjoyable this little tet-a-tet is, let's get back to some reality please.
The fact (as far as I am correct) is that neither of you have ever had the pleasure or displeasure of working directly with the person in question (and if you have I apologize unreservedly and so don't bother reading on as it is all based on that premise).. The very best you could claim is to personally know somebulody who has, and even then that is second hand testimony as to what he is like to work with.
Therefore, your opinion of working with him carries as much weight, or lack of it, as mine and everybody else who has no idea as to what it's like working with the guy.
Though I would have to side a little with Rational here, as some of the absolute numpties I have worked under in my life are far worse than anything poor I have read about TK, or at least, like you two, I assume that's the case, and we all know what assume means, don't we chaps & chapesses?   :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

hongkongfulham

Not against it at all, but she needs to prove herself at a lower level than the championship first i think.

Its a big step up purely in a football sense before you even get in to the associated flak it would inevitably bring. Hope someone gives her a chance and she proves people wrong if thats what she is aiming for

Snibbo

Of course it could work. Proof:

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Logicalman on June 16, 2021, 02:16:00 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 16, 2021, 01:26:24 AM

However enjoyable this little tet-a-tet is, let's get back to some reality please.
The fact (as far as I am correct) is that neither of you have ever had the pleasure or displeasure of working directly with the person in question (and if you have I apologize unreservedly and so don't bother reading on as it is all based on that premise).. The very best you could claim is to personally know somebulody who has, and even then that is second hand testimony as to what he is like to work with.
Therefore, your opinion of working with him carries as much weight, or lack of it, as mine and everybody else who has no idea as to what it's like working with the guy.
Though I would have to side a little with Rational here, as some of the absolute numpties I have worked under in my life are far worse than anything poor I have read about TK, or at least, like you two, I assume that's the case, and we all know what assume means, don't we chaps & chapesses?   :005:

As for the toxic TK I do not need to work with him to know what he is like anymore than I need to go down a coal mine to know it is dark down there. .
Rational Fans intentions are always good but not always right and he is moving into territory that he does not understand like I do. Enough said on this subject and I would prefer to move on.

Never forget your Roots.

rebel

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 15, 2021, 08:40:32 PM
May be a bit of a quirky suggestion and probably way too progessive for our board, but I would love Emma Hayes as our next manager. Chelsea ladies manager, very highly regarded and having listened to her tactical analysis during the euros coverage I think she would be worth a shot. It's a huge gamble but I'd love it to happen. It won't happen though

So how many clubs has a female manager anywhere in the world and any sport you care to name?

Chelsea got hammered in the ladies Champions League Final in the first half, so I'm not sure what tactics she formulated for that match.

Mullers OG

Good post.  She'd be an excellent choice.  It's about time we got away from all the prejudices.  The best available person should be appointed.

Wolf

Quote from: Mullers OG on June 16, 2021, 09:45:28 AM
Good post.  She'd be an excellent choice.  It's about time we got away from all the prejudices.  The best available person should be appointed.

So not taking a "massive gamble" as the OP describes it.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

blingo

Quote from: Wolf on June 16, 2021, 11:05:55 AM

She's not the best available person by a country mile.

MartyFFC

How about Hayes as manager, Alex Scott as her number 2; with Nish Kumar as DOF? Now that's real progression

Statto

Quote from: MartyFFC on June 16, 2021, 11:12:18 AM
How about Hayes as manager, Alex Scott as her number 2; with Nish Kumar as DOF? Now that's real progression

In fairness Nish Kumar is no less qualified for the DOF role than TK was when he came in. I'd also consider Diane Abbott on the same basis.

Logicalman

Quote from: blingo on June 16, 2021, 11:11:40 AM

.. and that is the unfortunate truth.

There are not a lot of managers/coaches that start their managerial career in the Championship without serving for a time either as a player in the top flight, or as an assistant to another manager, in the men's game. I have no doubt it IS prejudicial that there are very few (if any) female coaches/assistants in the men's game (as the same cannot be said for the opposite), but to bring a female into the men's game at the Championship level might just be a step too far for some, and court the same issues that followed Sian Massey-Ellis when she first started in the Prem, rightly or wrongly.
I have little doubt that we will see a female head coach in the men's game, and would welcome it, though solely on the basis of ability, not gender. So, the question would be, is Hayes the best female coach out there?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

blingo

Unfortunately in this world women are not listened to with the same respect as men are in the work place. Yet we all listen to our good old mum and take her advice lol.

Woolly Mammoth

You forgot Olive Oil Popeyes girlfriend.

Never forget your Roots.

john dempsey

Nobody can work with a simpleton
I thought you were self employed....

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 16, 2021, 01:25:31 PM

You forgot Olive Oil Popeyes girlfriend.

She's a slippery sort Mr Woolly.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Logicalman on June 16, 2021, 11:26:06 AM
Quote from: blingo on June 16, 2021, 11:11:40 AM

.. and that is the unfortunate truth.

Don't she's that far off it though. She'd still be a better option than Allardyce or Howe.

MartyFFC

The bottom line is she manages a squad of women earning modest salaries, and who obviously have different personality traits to men. The standard is lower than national league level in the men's game, she has far less pressure on her and her team plays in front of small crowds, at a non-league stadium. Other than the thrill of a good virtue signal, there is not a scrap of cogent evidence to suggest she would have the ability to manage at championship level in the men's game. It's difficult to see how a woman can ever manage in the men's game to be fair, without someone taking a huge, huge gamble.......