watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Teams that go up are doomed before they start

Started by Andy S, June 21, 2021, 10:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

why is it so hard to stay in the premier league and who will be the likely ones to drop this time?
The most likely will be Brentford as they only only came up in the play offs. They are also inexperienced at the level they are. Second are likely to be Norwich. They have experience of being a yo-yo club. I do not see much changing this year. Thirdly I see this year being very difficult for a number of clubs. Getting rid of Roy and Ray is a very dangerous move for palace and they are likely to be in the mix but Watford will also find it difficult to stay up as they like others need to rebuild. Brighton and few others will make it difficult for themselves and a bit of Lady Luck can only help.

We Are Premier League

I think Watford has a decent chance of staying up, the kept a good few players going down and look keen to strengthen the squad quickly.

Comparing the current Norwich squad to the team that got relegated; it does not look good and they will need loads of new signings. Pukki and Krul are aging and Buenia, Godfrey and Lewis are gone. Skipp helped to get them promoted but he is back at Spuds atm. Not much to say on the plus side yet.

Brentford, not happening. Their recruitment team appear to be great but not even them can pull off the signing they would need (at the budget they normally stick to) to make that into a PL team.

Statto

The two most successful teams to have gone up in the last few years have been Leeds and Wolves, proving you don't need to stick 11 men behind the ball like Burnley to stay up. Brentford will play most like that and with their recruitment team actually IMO they've as good a chance as Watford

Norwich went up as champs but are just a club with 20th written all over them to me... but maybe they'll splash the cash this time which obviously changes things completely

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

The thing with Palace is, they could have managed without Roy. But losing Roy and all the players that have as well, is a route to disaster. They are going to seriously struggle.
With Brenford, I can see them investing pretty sensibly, but with a view to becoming a yoyo club.
We need to get Troy Deeney off of Watford tho, great player and scores goals.