https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A recap and a possible solution

Started by Riversider, June 22, 2021, 11:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somerset Fulham

Is anybody on this thread scared of 5G?

Woolly Mammoth

What is to be scared of Fifth Generation ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: toshes mate on June 22, 2021, 12:35:58 PM
Contract law is usually very clear and only becomes less clear when the outgoing employee considers they have a point of law to be tested in front of a legally appointed justice.  In case of employment that is an Employment Tribunal that determines what, if anything, has been unlawful.  Obviously, someone in this scenario believes they have been hard done by. 

If he has a case then let him test it at an Employment Tribunal and risk the costs of a complicated hearing which may not go his way?  Bournemouth's interest is simply reducing the cost of appointing a new employee and they quite understandably don't want to pay over the odds which an excessive compensation agreement.

Parker's case rested on the fact he was hard done by, and/or couldn't do his job. His contract clearly doesn't have a relegation termination clause so he isn't expected to avoid relegation, his job is £3m per year for coaching with no performance goals, and he wants to complain to some Employment Tribunal that are used to dealing with the worst types of boss. GOOD LUCK. They might come to the conclusion that a better opportunity came along.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 23, 2021, 06:05:30 AM
Contract law is usually very clear and only becomes less clear when the outgoing employee considers they have a point of law to be tested in front of a legally appointed justice.  In case of employment that is an Employment Tribunal that determines what, if anything, has been unlawful.  Obviously, someone in this scenario believes they have been hard done by. 

If he has a case then let him test it at an Employment Tribunal and risk the costs of a complicated hearing which may not go his way?  Bournemouth's interest is simply reducing the cost of appointing a new employee and they quite understandably don't want to pay over the odds which an excessive compensation agreement.

Parker's case rested on the fact he was hard done by, and/or couldn't do his job. His contract clearly doesn't have a relegation termination clause so he isn't expected to avoid relegation, his job is £3m per year for coaching with no performance goals, and he wants to complain to some Employment Tribunal that are used to dealing with the worst types of boss. GOOD LUCK. They might come to the conclusion that a better opportunity came along.

I was told Last Night that Parker is gone. Thank god. Announcement probably today. Shad Khan is paying 500k and the AFCB owner is paying the other 1.5mill just to end the stalemate. Parker even said he'd rather go on gardening leave than not have his Payout!? Showing his true colours to me.

Riversider

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 23, 2021, 06:41:54 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 23, 2021, 06:05:30 AM

I was told Last Night that Parker is gone. Thank god. Announcement probably today. Shad Khan is paying 500k and the AFCB owner is paying the other 1.5mill just to end the stalemate. Parker even said he'd rather go on gardening leave than not have his Payout!? Showing his true colours to me.
I can almost hear the Hammersmith End singing
"One greedy b***ard, there's only one greedy b***ard, one greedy b***ard there's only one greedy b***ard "

Statto

Parker even said he'd rather go on gardening leave than not have his Payout!? Showing his true colours to me.

In fairness, had he not said that, he'd have effectively totally conceded in the negotiations. It would have been like saying, "can you give me some money to terminate my contract please, but just so you know, if you refuse, i'm going to resign anyway so you won't have to pay me"

My sympathy for him asking for any pay-off is quite limited but it may be that he genuinely would have preferred a third season with us to going to Bournemouth and/or is taking a pay cut to go there.

If all he's getting from us is £500k, that's a pretty modest sum at the end of the day

The Old Count

Quote from: Statto on June 23, 2021, 09:55:15 AM
Parker even said he'd rather go on gardening leave than not have his Payout!? Showing his true colours to me.

In fairness, had he not said that, he'd have effectively totally conceded in the negotiations. It would have been like saying, "can you give me some money to terminate my contract please, but just so you know, if you refuse, i'm going to resign anyway so you won't have to pay me"

My sympathy for him asking for any pay-off is quite limited but it may be that he genuinely would have preferred a third season with us to going to Bournemouth and/or is taking a pay cut to go there.

If all he's getting from us is £500k, that's a pretty modest sum at the end of the day
Statto. Could you see your way.clear to giving me £500k.  It is a modest sum after all.

bobby01

Quote from: The Old Count on June 23, 2021, 03:29:32 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 23, 2021, 09:55:15 AM

Statto. Could you see your way.clear to giving me £500k.  It is a modest sum after all.

Made me laugh
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.