more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A recap and a possible solution

Started by Riversider, June 22, 2021, 11:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

So then if we believe what we read to be true,
AFC Bournemouth want Scott Parker as their next manager but they don't want to pay Fulham the reported £3 million in compensation 
Scott Parker wants out of Fulham and wants to go to AFC Bournemouth but he doesn't want to leave without the £5 million in compensation that he thinks his contract is worth and he won't resign to go to the South Coast,
Fulham Football Club are caught up in the centre of this mess,
The only way this will be resolved is through compromise,
So then why don't Fulham give Parker £2 million to go, then AFC Bournemouth give him £1 million to join, then AFC Bournemouth give Fulham £2 million in compensation  ?
Surely then everyone should be happy, and if Parker wants to get upset about being £2 million light then it's worth pointing out to him and his over inflated ego that despite numerous current vacancies at various Football clubs only AFC Bournemouth have shown any interest in him and absolutely no one from the Premier League.

WestSussexWhite

But we shouldn't have to pay anything? Parker wants to move, he's forced through the move but doesn't want to lose the money he would make from making that move!? He can't have his cake and eat, he's chosen to leave and is taking a paycut to do so. Therefore Parker needs to suck it up, would be different if Fulham were actively trying to push him out the door

Andy S

That is about it. The next step would be to relieve him of his duties and put him on gardening leave for the rest of his contract. Should he work anywhere his contract is cancelled a little like Al Fayed did to Mark Hughes

WhiteJC

I must admit I don't understand why Fulham should pay Parker to leave if its his decision?

The only thing I can think of that would make this "reasonable" is if Parker had been persuaded to stay at Fulham at the turn of the year, there's a rumour Parker wanted to go to Bournemouth then?, and if Parker was promised a sum of money (bonus) to stay, obviously(?) this might have been contingent on us staying up? so that could be another "factor"

If I wanted to believe in "conspiracy theories" perhaps this all happened after the Liverpool game and that's why the sudden drop in form?

toshes mate

Contract law is usually very clear and only becomes less clear when the outgoing employee considers they have a point of law to be tested in front of a legally appointed justice.  In case of employment that is an Employment Tribunal who determines what, if anything, has been unlawful.  Obviously someone in this scenario belives they have been hard done by.  Perhaps there was a clause in Parker's contract that clearly stated that failure to meet a required target is ground for termination of the contract (e.g. failure to achieve automatic promotion or survival in current league).  The contract would then effectively have terminated at midnight on 30/6/2021 unless the Khans stated otherwise.   

We know Parker was miffed about not hearing from the Khans following confirmation of relegation after the Burnley game, but was that a case of the Khans playing cat and mouse, or just them not feeling any need to comment?  However, I don't see any grounds for Parker to expect any extra monetary payment from FFC in order to assist him in applying for a job elsewhere be it head coach at Bournmeouth or as a bin man for his local refuse company.  If he has a case then let him test it at an Employment Tribunal and risk the costs of a complicated hearing which may not go his way?  Bournemouth's interest is simply reducing the cost of appointing a new employee and they quite understandably don't want to pay over the odds which an excessive compensation agreement might engender.

junior white

A genuine question, how do we know it is Parker wanting to move and not the club wanting to move him on?

Perhaps he was told before last season that if we dont stay up then we will look to move on from yourself and perhaps that was reiterated when he signed his new deal, therefore he would now expecting to be let go and receive the remainder or one compromise on his contract. We could of course change our minds, but if we haven't then would he be right to look for alternate work if thats what was written on his deal when he signed it?

I have no idea what is going on as not in the know and dont work for the club but could that be possible? If it isnt how do we know that and if it is how do we know that as well?

I remember reading on this forum that Parker was told if we didnt get promoted he would lose his job hence why he was so emotional i guess, could we have done it the other way this time is all I am asking.

ANy guidance would be good

Statto

Agree and that's what I said all along - just a simple walk away solution. Parker walks without a payoff from us and we let him go without compo from Bournemouth. Or as you've put it, Bournemouth pay us whatever we pay Parker - net result is the same. Can't understand why the parties involved wouldn't just do that.

New Kid on the Block

This is going to be a disaster for us. We are nearing the end of June. Even if this will he/won't he scenario is resolved by then and Parker goes, the club then have to appoint someone new. They may have someone lined up, but it's not guaranteed. They will then have to look at the players we have, decide if some are surplus to requirements and if they are, suggest to TK who they would like. Then the negotiations for those players begins etc, etc. It's looking increasingly likely that we are going to have a crap pre season (the third in a row) and will start another season with either some key positions unfilled or a team with a large number of new players that are yet to 'gel'. I don't see us coming straight back up under those circumstances.

A worse scenario is that Parker ends up staying (begrudgingly), wants rid of Mitro, Cairney and one or two others, can't get any suitable replacements in and the pre-season and start of the campaign is even worse than the first scenario I suggested. That could quite possibly see us in League 1 in 2022/23.

Deeping_white

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on June 22, 2021, 02:50:57 PM
This is going to be a disaster for us. We are nearing the end of June. Even if this will he/won't he scenario is resolved by then and Parker goes, the club then have to appoint someone new. They may have someone lined up, but it's not guaranteed. They will then have to look at the players we have, decide if some are surplus to requirements and if they are, suggest to TK who they would like. Then the negotiations for those players begins etc, etc. It's looking increasingly likely that we are going to have a crap pre season (the third in a row) and will start another season with either some key positions unfilled or a team with a large number of new players that are yet to 'gel'. I don't see us coming straight back up under those circumstances.

A worse scenario is that Parker ends up staying (begrudgingly), wants rid of Mitro, Cairney and one or two others, can't get any suitable replacements in and the pre-season and start of the campaign is even worse than the first scenario I suggested. That could quite possibly see us in League 1 in 2022/23.

Sorry but I think the chance of him being here come the first game is almost 0, and TK is hardly going to sanction selling all of our best players. For all his faults, he's not a willing seller and sticks to his guns on player values so we're hardly going to conduct a fire sale whilst retaining Parker, a double move that makes us likely to have a bad season.

Also for your first scenario - we're an attacking midfielder and a right winger away from having the best team in the league. We've got the same team that got us promoted last year with better defenders, a few attacking options and we should be expecting to be up there like we were in 2019 with Parker initially.

Blawarmy

If TK is putting Mitro and TC ahead of SP, I'll respect that.

New Kid on the Block

I hope you're right Deeping White. But we are still involved in uncertainty atm. Not a good situation to be in with the new campaign only weeks away.

filham

Make Parker work out the remainder of his contract as a NHS hospital porter on their usual wages, that should cure his super ego.

ALG01

I said elsewhere, I am not sure money is the only issue. The Khan's are buying Parker's silence on the dysfunctional way the club is run.
they did it with slav and now they need to ensure Parker does not say what he really thinks.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: ALG01 on June 22, 2021, 04:02:27 PM
I said elsewhere, I am not sure money is the only issue. The Khan's are buying Parker's silence on the dysfunctional way the club is run.
they did it with slav and now they need to ensure Parker does not say what he really thinks.

Another dig.

What do you, realistically, want the owners to be like? David Levy etc at Spurs?
The Glazers?

Or do.you want someone like sheikh Mansoor (vastly richer than SK) or Roman Abramovic (again vastly richer than SK). These are the options, both of which are possible.

They spent £110 million not so long ago. Whether right or wrong, that is an incredible amount of money for a club of our stature. They've been tied up with FFP, yet have made some signings, whether good or bad is open for debate.

Please, tell me what you want because the constant digs are getting tiresome.

Statto

Suspect you're quite right, stands to reason, and it would go some way to explaining the delay

New Kid on the Block

Does Parker have a super ego? He has a super wardrobe, but that's about it.

clarkey

As Parker can barely read I suggest offering terms only in writing.

And Fulham are not negotiating some sort of silence clause, they have nothing to fear.

FulhamStu

The Khans will want that stand full of fans paying Premier premium prices for tickets / food/ drinks and all the corporate stuff running at full blast.  That will be hugely important to them as business men.   They will know when the season starts, when the players return and I suspect the coach they feel can get us there.   Parker is in the way at the moment but contracts generally run until 30/6 so I would expect this to be sorted by then.

Riversider

I'm not sure if this is contributing to the delay or not but I understand from the AFC Bournemouth fans that they are currently paying Woodgate, Howe and Tindall up to the 30th June might only be thousands but any delay surely benefits them more than it does us.

filham

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on June 22, 2021, 04:24:02 PM
I would also give a mention to that little structural engineering job that has been going on by the river which must have cost a few bob.

Another dig.

What do you, realistically, want the owners to be like? David Levy etc at Spurs?
The Glazers?

Or do.you want someone like sheikh Mansoor (vastly richer than SK) or Roman Abramovic (again vastly richer than SK). These are the options, both of which are possible.

They spent £110 million not so long ago. Whether right or wrong, that is an incredible amount of money for a club of our stature. They've been tied up with FFP, yet have made some signings, whether good or bad is open for debate.

Please, tell me what you want because the constant digs are getting tiresome.