News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it better for England to lose tonight?

Started by res, June 22, 2021, 04:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Little point in adding anything but I will. Second half - What an anticlimax!

Steeeeeeeeeed

Thank gawd the Scotland game was on itv4.

Why are England so incredibly dull, I thought they would actually play with a bit of freedom tonight, but that was dull dull dull.

To be fair I think Grealish had some good moments in the first half though, dunno about the second as I switched over, but he looked quite good

filham

To play out the second half with our minds on a clean sheet rather than another goal is disappointing and so risky.
The match when a team gets a goal or two against us must be coming up, possibly the next one. How will we handle that .

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: blingo on June 22, 2021, 10:00:35 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on June 22, 2021, 09:00:41 PM
Quote from: ex-Pat on June 22, 2021, 08:51:56 PM
Quote from: rebel on June 22, 2021, 07:11:28 PM
I'm watching Scotland v Croatia, hopefully 'fire and fury'. Would be good to see home nations all qualify for the last 16.9

Not interested in this mob going anywhere ,,can't stand the miserable drunks.....

Croatians are miserable...

So would you be if you had to live there

???

It's an absolutely stunning place!

First half we looked good, and I was hoping that we would push on and turn that into a statement performance rather than a comfortable exercise in holding the opponents at bay.

That said, we're yet to let a goal in so far, we do have a lot of individual talent upfront and our main man is yet to score. Most teams that win these things improve as the tournament goes on, so I'm still being ever so slightly optimistic.

Plus, Portugal and Germany don't look exactly like they are world beaters.

MartyFFC

England remind me of us in the championship. We're playing well, we take the lead; then stop playing and stink the game out for a 1-0. On the flip side Scotland finished bottom of the group with 1 goal and 1 point; and all I'm hearing is how courageous and brave they were. Must be weird being a Scotland fan; all you ever do is fail whilst the media swoons at your bravery......

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rebel on June 22, 2021, 07:11:28 PM
I'm watching Scotland v Croatia, hopefully 'fire and fury'. Would be good to see home nations all qualify for the last 16.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 I am glad the whinging sweaties are out, I have disliked them from the day I was born, and they can't hold their drink.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on June 22, 2021, 10:16:40 PM
To play out the second half with our minds on a clean sheet rather than another goal is disappointing and so risky.
The match when a team gets a goal or two against us must be coming up, possibly the next one. How will we handle that .

We will get better but Southgate frustrates me, the great thing is England are in the last 16 and the whinging scots are out 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 that's the main thing.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Dodgin

From Southgate's interview after the game, tend to think Saka may not have started, iexcept for covid.

Sgt Fulham

Southgate is Parker but with better players to bail him out. Will be found out in the next round though.

Jims Dentist

Would rather have  Croatia's next round fixture.

cottage expat

Quote from: MartyFFC on June 22, 2021, 11:15:30 PM
England remind me of us in the championship. We're playing well, we take the lead; then stop playing and stink the game out for a 1-0. On the flip side Scotland finished bottom of the group with 1 goal and 1 point; and all I'm hearing is how courageous and brave they were. Must be weird being a Scotland fan; all you ever do is fail whilst the media swoons at your bravery......

Same here. Watching the interminable side-to-side and back passing, with little end result, gives me flashbacks to our season.