https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

One thing I won't miss from Mr Parker

Started by H4usuallysitting, June 23, 2021, 08:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Quote from: Blawarmy on June 24, 2021, 10:52:29 AM
Quote from: rebel on June 23, 2021, 09:36:04 PM
The self - fulfilling prophecy, he told the players from pretty much the start of the season that they would be in a relegation fight, kept on saying it and that's where we ended up. If that message had been different, I wonder where we would have finished. Would Klopp or any other top manager ever say that? I don't think so.

We'll lose more than we'll win, I believe was his battle cry. Not the greatest motivation going into a season. 

I'm 100% sure he's repeated that many times last season, I posted about it being 'negative' message.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: RaySmith on June 24, 2021, 03:54:28 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 24, 2021, 03:47:20 PM
Quote from: Plodder on June 24, 2021, 03:08:26 PM
I find distasteful all this sneering at Parker's modes of speech, mannerisms, dress sense, even his mental faculties at times.  If people don't want him as manager, that's a legitimate opinion to express, but the constant sneering at him for personal reasons is out of order.

I agree it's pathetic, like children in a playground.

:plus one:

Like a load of posh, public school, kids mocking the kids from the local estate.

Not a great analogy when the 'kid from the local estate' being mocked is a multi-millionaire and the 'posh, public school kids' may well have all grown up on (and who knows - still live on) a local estate..  :doh:

Somerset Fulham

Nit pick all you like, it's still not on.

Fulham 442

So its okay to diss the incoming manager but not the outgoing who clearly no longer wants to be here and feels no affection for our club whatsoever?

The Old Count

I find distasteful all this sneering at Parker's modes of speech, mannerisms, dress sense, even his mental faculties at times.  If people don't want him as manager, that's a legitimate opinion to express, but the constant sneering at him for personal reasons is out of order.

Have you reviewed some of your comments about our co owner lately?

H4usuallysitting

Plodder

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 24, 2021, 03:58:09 PM

Ironic coming from you considering you mocked Steve Cooper's appearance :doh:

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 23, 2021, 05:06:05 PM
He can only go out after dark.

For clarity, I hope that accusation from Deeping_white is not towards me, as  I have never written anything about Steve Cooper.

Plodder

Quote from: Fulham 442 on June 24, 2021, 05:16:23 PM
So its okay to diss the incoming manager but not the outgoing who clearly no longer wants to be here and feels no affection for our club whatsoever?

It is not OK to "diss" anyone in personal terms.

A counter argument to your point about Parker "feeling no affection for our club whatsoever" could be that (just like many of the supporters on this board) he cares a great deal, but he does not think it is run well, and therefore does not to want to be involved professionally in something he cares about - and therefore shouldering part of the responsibility for- going wrong.  Parker has frequently expressed his passion for Fulham doing well.  He is not a supporter, he is professionally involved in football, so I don't expect him to feel the same degree of passion. Only Parker knows what he really feel, but there is much more evidence in favour of him having affection for Fulham than him not.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Old Count on June 24, 2021, 05:27:03 PM

Have you reviewed some of your comments about our co owner lately?

He deserves every comment I make about him, he is not Fulham, he is a toxic bogus individual who is undermining this club.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham 442 on June 24, 2021, 04:28:44 PM

Exactly!
Shocking like a pathetic lynch mob.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Quote from: rebel on June 24, 2021, 04:38:15 PM
Quote from: Blawarmy on June 24, 2021, 10:52:29 AM
Quote from: rebel on June 23, 2021, 09:36:04 PM
The self - fulfilling prophecy, he told the players from pretty much the start of the season that they would be in a relegation fight, kept on saying it and that's where we ended up. If that message had been different, I wonder where we would have finished. Would Klopp or any other top manager ever say that? I don't think so.

We'll lose more than we'll win, I believe was his battle cry. Not the greatest motivation going into a season. 

I'm 100% sure he's repeated that many times last season, I posted about it being 'negative' message.

Parker's comments were only meant to state the reality for fans, and manage their expectations and keep them from early criticism of the team, not to undermine his players, who he always said that 'we can beat anyone' -

and we did  get great results against top clubs - Leicester A, Everton A- where we've never won, Liverpool A, Man A, Arsenal A - the latter two draws only though our opponents having blatantly off-side goals   allowed to stand, thus  preventing our deserved victories in these games.

Also, many other games where we ran  good teams close, often with  awful ref decisions losing us precious points.

But to say that Parker  gave a negative message to his players is twisting words out of context - to me  he seemed to maintain positivity and belief in his players right until  the end.

RaySmith

Quote from: Lordedmundo on June 24, 2021, 04:40:11 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on June 24, 2021, 03:54:28 PM

:plus one:

Like a load of posh, public school, kids mocking the kids from the local estate.

Not a great analogy when the 'kid from the local estate' being mocked is a multi-millionaire and the 'posh, public school kids' may well have all grown up on (and who knows - still live on) a local estate..  :doh:

Since when did class in this country depend on how much cash you have?
Always to do with the way you speak, dress, where you come from, and went to school.

Without the right credentials you'll never be accepted in polite society, however, much money you have, but football is a working-class game, where  people who don't speak 'proper' can attain wealth and status, but, as seen, they will  often  be  criticised for their, legally earned, wealth, and selectively picked on(there are so many other examples of wealthy individuals in society far more deserving of our criticism) as examples  by politicians,  and this is soon taken up by the press, and fans.

My analogy stands, although some making the criticism may live on council estates themselves, though who says that working-class people can't also be snobs too,
because it is just that, an analogy - it is  just like posh kids mocking working -class kids for  their  lack of class, and the way they speak, and, underlying this , their 'intelligence' and deserving of high status, unlike certain millionaire politicians and businessman, say, coming from the  same elite public schools, and universities, with backgrounds of inherited wealth.

In this country we are still living in the 19thC. in many ways, where someone like Parker is like a   Dickens character, and should be touching his forelock to his betters, rather than managing a football team, and talking articulately, imo, about  how much he believes in his players and their team spirit.

That's my opinion anyway- there are plenty of opposite views expressed here, but this is a place for debate isn't it?

RaySmith

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 25, 2021, 01:25:19 AM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on June 24, 2021, 04:28:44 PM

Exactly!
Shocking like a pathetic lynch mob.

0001.jpeg

Gary

His media buddies  selling pep Guardiola dreams

H4usuallysitting

Not sure Mr Parker want's to be at Fulham, and yes his psycho babble is nonsense - it's straight from a middle manager's marketing book

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 24, 2021, 11:38:23 AM
One thing I won't miss (IF he goes 🙏) is his inane "we understand the situation what we're in."
FWIW The OP asked what would not be missed and I have said I would not miss that direct quote from SP
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Statto

Quote from: RaySmith on June 25, 2021, 04:29:37 AM
Since when did class in this country depend on how much cash you have?
Always to do with the way you speak, dress, where you come from, and went to school.

Without the right credentials you'll never be accepted in polite society, however, much money you have, but football is a working-class game, where  people who don't speak 'proper' can attain wealth and status, but, as seen, they will  often  be  criticised for their, legally earned, wealth, and selectively picked on(there are so many other examples of wealthy individuals in society far more deserving of our criticism) as examples  by politicians,  and this is soon taken up by the press, and fans.

My analogy stands, although some making the criticism may live on council estates themselves, though who says that working-class people can't also be snobs too,
because it is just that, an analogy - it is  just like posh kids mocking working -class kids for  their  lack of class, and the way they speak, and, underlying this , their 'intelligence' and deserving of high status, unlike certain millionaire politicians and businessman, say, coming from the  same elite public schools, and universities, with backgrounds of inherited wealth.

In this country we are still living in the 19thC. in many ways, where someone like Parker is like a   Dickens character, and should be touching his forelock to his betters, rather than managing a football team, and talking articulately, imo, about  how much he believes in his players and their team spirit.

That's my opinion anyway- there are plenty of opposite views expressed here, but this is a place for debate isn't it?

I get where you're coming from but I don't think it's a class thing really. Hodgson had a working class South London accent (and obviously that thing with his Rs) but the content of his speech was insightful and relevant and he was still very clear and easy to understand. He was clearly intelligent and recognised as such.

With Parker I think it's more about excessive repetition, lots of cliches, badly structured sentences etc... 

I don't agree with all the criticism on here but even when I was a fan of Parker I'd still cringe a bit at his interviews sometimes

mrmicawbers

If he's unhappy he should resign as he has another post lined up apparently. This would show a bit of class and he would then be able to give his side of things.If he's waiting round for a payout makes him indecisive and not good for a career in management.

Holders

Quote from: Lordedmundo on June 24, 2021, 01:37:32 PM
Probably being picky here - but his consistent use of the word 'wot' instead of 'that' winds me up somewhat/somewot   :dft012:

His Estuary English in general.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria