Main Menu

Latest Updates

Started by WestSussexWhite, June 25, 2021, 05:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: junior white on June 26, 2021, 08:22:37 AM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 26, 2021, 08:18:42 AM
Quote from: junior white on June 26, 2021, 07:14:35 AM
I know in football 1.5 million isnt a lot, but maybe the dreaded FFP is affecting us, rules in the Championship are far tighter than the prem. I know we have been linked with a few players but we do not know of those links are true and even if they are we probably have a budget for those. If we have to take funds from that budget we may not get the targets a potential new manager may have said to include in our scouting/statistical analysis.

There is always the case that maybe Bournemouth (assuming as most say SP is going there) do not want to pay the full compo for SP and we were using that to get our new man.

AFCB have paid between 3 and 3.5 for SP, Fulham are just testing the water with the low bid for copper. They will increase it, but won't pay the full 3.5 million.
Bournemouth itk on their forum says they are paying 2 mill, dont disbelieve you but it's very strange in my opinion.

I have been told that on a palace forum it says Cooper been at there training ground for a tour,  reckon we need to pull our finger out if that's true. personally I don't believe it, Cooper is an obvious choice for us and makes sense, palace for Cooper doesnt

Cooper was 100% at Motspur Park on Thursday, and has agreed terms with us. It's down to the owners now to agree Compo with Swansea

copthornemike

Am I right in thinking Slavan Bilic is available? No negotiations required with competitors,  and has a proven record of getting Championship promotion! Also since Jokanovic left maybe as a club we have missed that bit of passion.
Would tick a lot of boxes, at least on paper anyway.

junior white

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 26, 2021, 08:38:07 AM
Quote from: junior white on June 26, 2021, 08:22:37 AM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 26, 2021, 08:18:42 AM
Quote from: junior white on June 26, 2021, 07:14:35 AM
I know in football 1.5 million isnt a lot, but maybe the dreaded FFP is affecting us, rules in the Championship are far tighter than the prem. I know we have been linked with a few players but we do not know of those links are true and even if they are we probably have a budget for those. If we have to take funds from that budget we may not get the targets a potential new manager may have said to include in our scouting/statistical analysis.

There is always the case that maybe Bournemouth (assuming as most say SP is going there) do not want to pay the full compo for SP and we were using that to get our new man.

AFCB have paid between 3 and 3.5 for SP, Fulham are just testing the water with the low bid for copper. They will increase it, but won't pay the full 3.5 million.
Bournemouth itk on their forum says they are paying 2 mill, dont disbelieve you but it's very strange in my opinion.

I have been told that on a palace forum it says Cooper been at there training ground for a tour,  reckon we need to pull our finger out if that's true. personally I don't believe it, Cooper is an obvious choice for us and makes sense, palace for Cooper doesnt

Cooper was 100% at Motspur Park on Thursday, and has agreed terms with us. It's down to the owners now to agree Compo with Swansea
Do not doubt you, not against Cooper at all.

Makes sense for us for a few reasons, financially we may not be able to afford to spend vast quantities of money (FFP confuses me so I always think thats an issue), He has a proven record of working with youngsters, improving them and bringing them through which helps financially, he plays a similar style to Parker so the players may not have to adapt too much to paying style although training may be different.

The downside I see is that maybe Mitro doesnt fit in as he doesn't usually play with a big man upfront as he seems to prefer mobile players, but he may adapt to what he has.

Also from a personal view point i am glad we are going for a younger manager rather than one of the old war horses that maybe around.

Options aside from Cooper would be Bilic, available and plays a good style, draw back is it seem to last for only around 12-18 months, Lampard young manager entertaining football, but reckon he wants a prem club and also he wouldnt be cheap and may not like our alleged set up (I say alleged as I do not work for the club so have no idea other than rumours on exactly how it works for 100% certain), Howe wouldnt be against this but have to wonder why he hasnt been picked up for a year, did he want a year off, again have no idea.

WestSussexWhite

Hi all, not good news I'm afraid. Seems that Cooper now MAY be going to Palace instead. If no one in place by Wednesday then Pereira is likely to get the job. Will update more when I know it. Prker to be announced before the 1st July.

Blawarmy

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 26, 2021, 11:34:12 AM
Hi all, not good news I'm afraid. Seems that Cooper now MAY be going to Palace instead. If no one in place by Wednesday then Pereira is likely to get the job. Will update more when I know it. Prker to be announced before the 1st July.
Is this down to TK faffing around about the fee?

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Blawarmy on June 26, 2021, 11:39:05 AM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 26, 2021, 11:34:12 AM
Is this down to TK faffing around about the fee?

No Palace heard about him having talks with us, so as soon as Favre fell through they went after Cooped

MartyFFC

Cooper now favourite for the Palace job with the bookies. Whilst I was far from thrilled about Cooper's prospective appointment, I'll be even less thrilled if we end up with Pereira - a fella with literally zero credible experience as a number 1

Whitestone

Bilic is a better option than Cooper or Pereira.  We should be sounding him out.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: MartyFFC on June 26, 2021, 11:45:33 AM
Cooper now favourite for the Palace job with the bookies. Whilst I was far from thrilled about Cooper's prospective appointment, I'll be even less thrilled if we end up with Pereira - a fella with literally zero credible experience as a number 1

Pereira would be a very good appointment for me. Done wonders in China and the players love him. Mitro would definitely stay. Think Slav style football

Statto

Well one advantage of not being particularly enthused about Cooper is that I won't be particularly disappointed if we don't get him. I must say this saga is consistent with everything Fulham have done in the last two years - whether it's our build up play, transfer business or a managerial hire, it seems to take far longer than it ought to, ultimately deliver a crap outcome, and leave me with an overwhelming sense of not giving a to$$.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Statto on June 26, 2021, 11:56:16 AM
Well one advantage of not being particularly enthused about Cooper is that I won't be particularly disappointed if we don't get him. I must say this saga is consistent with everything Fulham have done in the last two years - whether it's our build up play, transfer business or a managerial hire, it seems to take far longer than it ought to, ultimately deliver a crap outcome, and leave me with an overwhelming sense of not giving a to$$.
I think the managers get fed up of the delays as well

MartyFFC

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 26, 2021, 11:48:09 AM
Quote from: MartyFFC on June 26, 2021, 11:45:33 AM

Pereira would be a very good appointment for me. Done wonders in China and the players love him. Mitro would definitely stay. Think Slav style football
I think the word China discredits any wonders he may have done. However, if we end up playing like we did under Joka; I may well just reach the threshold of being thrilled

Lighthouse

Oh so the idea that Cooper had agreed everything and was just waiting and had turned down Palace was just not true then.

Or people have changed their minds or that inside information is always open to change.

So really we are no closer to knowing anything more than the rumours that surrounded the whole thing right at the start.

I would say it is frustrating but frankly this nonsense has passed the time and none of the names mentioned thrills us anyway. All good gossip is never wasted.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 26, 2021, 12:27:33 PM
Oh so the idea that Cooper had agreed everything and was just waiting and had turned down Palace was just not true then.

Or people have changed their minds or that inside information is always open to change.

So really we are no closer to knowing anything more than the rumours that surrounded the whole thing right at the start.

I would say it is frustrating but frankly this nonsense has passed the time and none of the names mentioned thrills us anyway. All good gossip is never wasted.

Cooper has agreed terms with Palace, and had initially turned Palace down as was sold on the Fulham project, however, we are now pissing about trying to agree a fee with SwNsea, so Cooper is keeping his options open. He may still end up Fulham, but I think Pereira is more likely now I'd have thought

toshes mate

FWIW I would have gone with Javier Pereira all along - better the devil you know and all that - and Cooper's 'change of mind' is a good reason why.  I wish him all the very best (proviso always if and when he is signed. sealed and delivered) in the knowledge that he is a very capable coach.  Be interesting to know who his support staff will be.

bobby01

Stupid statement from me but for some reason I prefer Javier over Cooper, with absolutely no basis to come to that conclusion, odd eh!
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Riversider

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 26, 2021, 12:31:54 PM

Cooper has agreed terms with Palace, and had initially turned Palace down as was sold on the Fulham project, however, we are now pissing about trying to agree a fee with SwNsea, so Cooper is keeping his options open. He may still end up Fulham, but I think Pereira is more likely now I'd have thought

What a f***ing mess, and all of our own doing and just to save a poxy £1.5 million, laughable
We deserve everything that's coming our way.

roberto w6

From Wikipedia, it looks as though Javier Pereira has had 13 jobs in 20 years, with 9 of them being an assistant. One of his longest stints was with us.

I'm sure he is a great coach and I'll wish him well if he signs and hope he will become a successful and long-term fixture at the club.

With Bilic, Lampard and Howe all available and now sounding like glamour signings, I really do question the ambition of our owners. I feel so lucky to have been alive in the days of Mr Al-Fayed.

WestSussexWhite

If Pereira comes in Mitro and TC definitely stay. He's very popular with the players! Stef Jo might too

Statto

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 26, 2021, 12:31:54 PM

That would be consistent with my expectation. Absolutely typical.