more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No basis for it, but I Just get a feeling the Khan's might be selling up

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, June 28, 2021, 04:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

Wouldn't surprise me at the moment.

Stadium nearly built, so can sell on with this sparkling new "assett".

Focus on loan players for last season, nothing long term.

The silence from the club with what is happening, manager wise, let alone players wise.

Yes, my senses are twitching,  would not surprise me if the Khan's may be selling up.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on June 28, 2021, 04:32:03 PM
Wouldn't surprise me at the moment.

Stadium nearly built, so can sell on with this sparkling new "assett".

Focus on loan players for last season, nothing long term.

The silence from the club with what is happening, manager wise, let alone players wise.

Yes, my senses are twitching,  would not surprise me if the Khan's may be selling up.

This ain't a bad thought. They are rarely this silent, to my recollection. TK getting replaced, trying to put a coach in place to promote youth... the one thing that hasn't happened is offloading expenses. Until this happens, I don't think they're trying to sell

ALG01

i wondered the same but came to the conclusion that he wouldn't until the stand was finished and totally functioning.
half finished he probably would need to reduce the price substantially.

Also it would make sense to sell if we are back in the prem so perhaps all round noit the best tiem.

However, I do wonder what his intention is because it surely not at all clear.

perry geyton

I hope not
Don't see why they'd build a new stadium and immediately sell up

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

No thanks. Quite happy with them as owners. TK included. Huge mistake if they go.

Penfold

I don't see it at the moment as still over a year until new stand opens and SK will want to be there when it does. Also, even with that built he would still have to take a massive hit due to not being a Premier League club.

hovewhite

When they failed to buy Wembley hobby fulham was over .The riverside was a done deal with planning permission ,so makes sense to sell up hence the stand off between parker and the khans.Playing hardball supposedly with Swansea over getting there coach.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

H4usuallysitting

No chance....to sell, we need to be in the prem for 3/4 seasons.... that's the global audience

Stevieboy

With all due respect we could post a million reports that have no basis. Just fodder for those who take sound bites and develop them into stories, mainly negative.

e4b

Hope not . Seem committed to our club. Personally i think SK is a genuine good guy.

The Old Count

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on June 28, 2021, 05:12:19 PM
No thanks. Quite happy with them as owners. TK included. Huge mistake if they go.
Same for me.  Unless of course the Khan moaners stump up a few hundred million to buy the club then show us how it should be done.

e4b

WestSussexWhite

I don't think the Khan's are going anywhere. Yes they've made mistakes but which owners haven't? I think if Shad was going to sell up the transfer funds would dry up. I've heard talk they want to develop the 2 further temporary stands too

bobbo

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 28, 2021, 07:44:46 PM
I don't think the Khan's are going anywhere. Yes they've made mistakes but which owners haven't? I think if Shad was going to sell up the transfer funds would dry up. I've heard talk they want to develop the 2 further temporary stands too
I'm firmly with you WSW . nearly all first half of this post with the OP second half like us - very much doubt it.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Statto

That stand is more of a vanity project than an investment. When you're selling your home you give it new carpets and a splash of paint which is what MAF did with the stopgap adjustments to the ground. That new stand is like putting in parquet flooring and skylights which no sod does when they're selling

...well anyway, that's my uninformed speculative opinion.

Logicalman

Quote from: Stevieboy on June 28, 2021, 06:57:59 PM
With all due respect we could post a million reports that have no basis. Just fodder for those who take sound bites and develop them into stories, mainly negative.

.. aha, NBC, Sky & Standard journos you mean!  :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

filham

Right now they would sell at a significant loss. Promotion , a season in the premier league without relegation and the new stand up and running and the value of the club would be much higher.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on June 28, 2021, 08:59:49 PM
That stand is more of a vanity project than an investment. When you're selling your home you give it new carpets and a splash of paint which is what MAF did with the stopgap adjustments to the ground. That new stand is like putting in parquet flooring and skylights which no sod does when they're selling

...well anyway, that's my uninformed speculative opinion.

Spot On. I think Shahid Khan's next vanity project should be getting his son to lift on a Championship Trophy, and he should be prepared to pay another £25m for it to happen, as it will boost his son's leadership and confidence.