watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zoltan Gera Out - Ivan Rakitic In

Started by White Noise, December 19, 2010, 08:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2010/12/19/steve-mcclaren-wants-fulham-s-zoltan-gera-to-join-him-at-wolfsburg-102039-22793250/

Steve McClaren wants Fulham's Zoltan Gera to join him at Wolfsburg

Dec 19 2010 By Dave Kidd and Alan Nixon, The People

STEVE McCLAREN has targeted Fulham star Zoltan Gera for a January move to Wolfsburg.

The former England boss, desperate to shake up his struggling German side, knows the Hungarian ­forward could fancy a change.

Gera, 31, has failed to hold down a starting place since Mark Hughes replaced Roy Hodgson as Fulham boss, despite being the club's current Player of the Year after ­outstanding displays in the run to last season's Europa League final.

He can play on either wing or in the hole behind the main striker. He is desperate for first-team football and would be keen for a move closer to his homeland.

Gera joined Fulham from West Brom in summer 2008 but has often been left out by Hughes despite Fulham's ­dismal form.

Wealthy Wolfsburg are ­battling to keep out of the Bundesliga relegation places after winning the title two seasons ago.

McClaren is likely to be backed with significant funds in the mid-season window, with Gera high on his wish-list.

Meanwhile, Fulham head the chase to sign Croatia ­international Ivan Rakitic.

Schalke midfielder Rakitic, 22, will be a free agent next summer after announcing he will not be signing a new ­contract. That has ­alerted clubs across Europe and the Cottagers have ­declared an ­interest in a ­player linked with Everton last year.

Sector9

bad news, zoltan gera is too important for us to loose!

FatFreddysCat

I dont know the Croat, but if he's a good un i'll be more than happy with getting the average age down a bit.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 19, 2010, 08:30:18 PM
I dont know the Croat, but if he's a good un i'll be more than happy with getting the average age down a bit.
Saying that the brolly man might not be in charge by Jan.

os5889

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 19, 2010, 08:31:09 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 19, 2010, 08:30:18 PM
Saying that the brolly man might not be in charge by Jan.

The curly haired welsh one might not be in charge in Jan either!

Burt

OI, McCLAREN, NO!!!

HANDS OFF ZOLLY.

:red:

SmithyFFC

Mclaren will be gone by January anyway.

No chance  :dead horse:
FTID

Fletchino

Mcclaren will be in charge at fulham by then anyway!!!

SmithyFFC

FTID

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on December 19, 2010, 09:20:01 PM
Mclaren will be gone by January anyway.

Exactly. In addition, I can't see Sparky offering the wages Rakitic wants. The guy wants permanent guaranteed Champions League football and high wages, that's why he turned down a contract extension at Schalke.

No way.

HatterDon

Quote from: Sector9 on December 19, 2010, 08:28:35 PM
bad news, zoltan gera is too important for us to loose!

I've been out of the country for almost 20 years. When did The People start reporting the news?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel