https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Some interesting stuff on Silva here

Started by Adi-ffc, July 01, 2021, 08:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Interesting reading.... look's like another one with psycho babble

Jim©

It basically looks like he's taking the job, with the hope that a german role will come up at some point!

WhiteJC

Some Everton fans react as Silva agrees deal with Fulham

Some Everton fans were reacting after Marco Silva agreed on terms to take over as the Fulham manager.

According to The Athletic, the 43-year-old has reached a provisional agreement with the west London side.

Meanwhile, the club have been without a boss after Scott Parker left the club to take over at Bournemouth.

Silva has been without a club since getting sacked by Everton back in November 2019.

The Portugese coach has managed in England since taking over as Hull City manager in 2017. He's taken charge of 95 games, winning just 32 whilst amassing 115 points.

He was manager of Estoril, helping the outfit win promotion from the second-tier in Portugal.

TBR View: Everton stint highlights problems with Silva amid Fulham links

The London outfit may well think they have landed a coup after agreeing on a deal for the young coach.

However, his time with Everton hints that Fulham could have problems amid talks of an imminent appointment of Silva.

Firstly, the former Olympiacos manager's use of transfers were awful. He signed Moise Kean from Juventus, however, rarely used the talented centre-forward, who has since gone on to star for PSG.

Secondly, he endured a poor start to his second season with the club. It left the club playing catch-up for the majority of the campaign.

Silva has it all to do as he looks to compete in one of the most competitive leagues in the world. The Championship can be a brutal experience for even the most experienced in what could be a painful season for Fulham.

Here is how fans reacted...

Invalid Tweet ID

https://tbrfootball.com/some-everton-fans-react-as-silva-agrees-deal-with-fulham/

TC's Sporran

from a hull city not606 forum

He walked out on Hull City. We gave him a leg up into English football and he used us like a cheap whore. He was offered another deal at City but didn't want to know. He and his staff of which he had considerable numbers had cleared there desks before the season had ended. No love lost here.

and

And then he got us relegated from a position of being three points above the relegation places with three games to go, two at home and one of them against a club that were already relegated.
Plus he had the future England and Scottish captains in his back four.

robertson and maguire i assume?

and this last one

Silva brought in some great players, but they were all on loan and we had no chance of keeping them after we were relegated.

My thoughts
nowt new there then re loan players.
I seem to remember him getting a reputation as an attacking manager but Im sure I heard lineker say on MOTD about everton towards the end of his stay that it was the worst he ever seen them play in all his life. Dour and no sparkle.
That must have been after he lost the dressing room.

I say = Give him the benefit of the doubt and get behind him, cut him some slack for at least 10 games (loads of fans wont - calling for his head even after 3 or 4 games if results dont go our way) and judging by his likes and dislikes at other clubs he prefers box to box midfielders who can tackle as well as pick a pass.
So long TC then.

BestOfBrede

10 games, is that all really?
Wow we expect miracles i think!