watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm backing Mark Hughes.

Started by VicHalomsLovechild, December 20, 2010, 11:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VicHalomsLovechild

We've all read the various comparisons between MH and RH. The ageing squad posts, the poor form of last years Europa squad posts and the Hughes out posts. They've all been well written and the replies in the main have been well thought out. There seems very little percentage wise between both camps.
Taking over any successful team in any walk of life is a tough act, as there will be a high amount of expectation there that was previously missing. Also getting the job late in the day does hamper your business plan some what.
Taking only the above into account. Injuries, Refereeing decisions that go against you etc etc. As this is all apart of your daily business and affects all similar businesses in your sector. I still think Mark Hughes is the man to take us forward long term, from what has to have been our best season ever. If you agree and want to show abit of support to a man under pressure then sign on. If not, give this thread a miss please. Thank you.

"Wishing you and your family a happy Christmas Mark Hughes and three points on Sunday"

AlFayedsChequebook

I am backing Fulham to get three points on Sunday.

Staffs White

As posted on other threads I'm backing the manager and think we'll see a turnaround in 2011

COYW :beer:

wadey

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on December 20, 2010, 11:30:58 AM
We've all read the various comparisons between MH and RH. The ageing squad posts, the poor form of last years Europa squad posts and the Hughes out posts. They've all been well written and the replies in the main have been well thought out. There seems very little percentage wise between both camps.
Taking over any successful team in any walk of life is a tough act, as there will be a high amount of expectation there that was previously missing. Also getting the job late in the day does hamper your business plan some what.
Taking only the above into account. Injuries, Refereeing decisions that go against you etc etc. As this is all apart of your daily business and affects all similar businesses in your sector. I still think Mark Hughes is the man to take us forward long term, from what has to have been our best season ever. If you agree and want to show abit of support to a man under pressure then sign on. If not, give this thread a miss please. Thank you.

"Wishing you and your family a happy Christmas Mark Hughes and three points on Sunday"
.......................................................great post........100% behind sparky....coysw

Dugliss

I back him 100% and also believe that we would be in exactly the same position if Roy had stayed and suffered the same injuries to our key players

SmithyFFC

Great to see there are a few people still backing Hughes, was starting to think I was the only one! I honestly believe he turn us round and by May we will be easily in the boring mid table places we all crave.  :beer:
FTID

Scrumpy

I'm in the same camp and will gladly dredge up this post in a few month's time when we have had a change of fortune, so people can see those of us who 'nailed our colours to the mast'.

To be fair, this board is pretty level-headed. Some of the reactionary stuff I am reading on other messageboards is ridiculous.

COYSWssss!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Senior Supporter

Yup, I am still right behind MH, and think it would be crazy to make another change without allowing him the benefit of a transfer window and a budget, so that he can strengthen in the areas that are obvious to most of us. Come on Sparky  :yay: :yay: :yay:

Peabody

You can count me in the pro Sparky camp

TonyGilroy

I'm concerned and somewhat disappointed but I expect Hughes to get it right and see no merit in sacking him now.

FatFreddysCat

100% Spartytikus  :54: though i still wouldn't mind the Westham game being called off. Roll on the transfer window and the return of Bobby. Hughes was my first chouce to take over, but must admit if O'Neill was available then i would have wanted him. COYWS and cant wait to see Scrumpy drag this post up in a few months when we are 10th.

Tom

I will back Mark Hughes as long as he is our manager! Do people realize injuries are out of his control and is a huge reason to where we are right now?
Fulham for life!

Tom

Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 20, 2010, 02:33:53 PM
100% Spartytikus  :54: though i still wouldn't mind the Westham game being called off. Roll on the transfer window and the return of Bobby. Hughes was my first chouce to take over, but must admit if O'Neill was available then i would have wanted him. COYWS and cant wait to see Scrumpy drag this post up in a few months when we are 10th.
I agree with everything you have said Freddy. Sparky was my first choice as well.
Fulham for life!

RidgeRider

Quote from: Tom on December 20, 2010, 02:54:26 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 20, 2010, 02:33:53 PM
I agree with everything you have said Freddy. Sparky was my first choice as well.

He was always my first choice as well as I thought he did a great job at Blackburn. I still want him to come good given he was my first choice so I will back him and can't wait for the West Ham match.

FC Silver Fox

Add my name to the pro-Sparky list. Give the man a chance. He's good.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Blingo

I have to agree with you guys. RH was our best ever manager, but, we need to give MH a fair chance and I also believe he will get things -if not right- then far better than they are right now. The only worrying aspect I see is the amount of games drawn both with us and Man citeh. Now if we can just score a few more goals turning half of those draws into wins then we have a hero on our hands. The Jan transfer window will make or break him here. Until then he has my full support.

VicHalomsLovechild

Well I'm a bit surprised it's gone to two pages and no dissenters. Maybe there is a gentleman's code on FOF.
With reference to Blingo's comments about draws here and at Man City over his time there he had an almost 47% win rate and almost 44% with Blackburn. His record with us so far is 17%. I don't believe for a minute that he's not aware of this and doing something about it. Two pages in and I still believe  :003:

Blingo

wouldn't that equate to half of the draws turning into wins vic?

SuffolkWhite

Time will tell whether he does the job for us but at the moment I'm 100% behind Hughes.

COYW  :clap_hands:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"