watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR It has to be money

Started by Andy S, July 03, 2021, 11:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Marconda Brentford's play off final midfielder and man of the match has signed for Bournemouth on a free. Is he a mercenary out to make some money or knew he would not cut the mustard in the top flight? For me he has gone for a big pay day

Tabby

Brentford might be wanting an upgrade. Being a free agent usually means a fat signing on fee for the player though.

The Old Count

He could have been impressed with Parker and felt he would improve his game as he did with so many of our players.
Nah! Must be the money....

JimmyConway

I'm struggling to think who Parker improved as a player? I can give you plenty who regressed under him?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: JimmyConway on July 03, 2021, 11:12:33 AM
I'm struggling to think who Parker improved as a player? I can give you plenty who regressed under him?

Just Harrison Reed.

H4usuallysitting

He sees his future under a dynamic motivator - in fact he's taken a pay cut

SG

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 03, 2021, 11:18:11 AM

Just Harrison Reed.

I made this point earlier and Harrison was the only player we could come up with. Plenty regressed under his tutelage

Blawarmy

Quote from: SG on July 03, 2021, 11:52:26 AM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 03, 2021, 11:18:11 AM

Just Harrison Reed.

I made this point earlier and Harrison was the only player we could come up with. Plenty regressed under his tutelage
Imagine how good Harrison will be next season under a better manager.

Statto

To be fair he got more out of Onomah and Anguissa than anyone else had in England

Think he works well with central midfielders because he knows that role

RoyTund

Quote from: Statto on July 03, 2021, 12:06:11 PM
To be fair he got more out of Onomah and Anguissa than anyone else had in England

Think he works well with central midfielders because he knows that role

I knew someone would mention onomah.
I can't accept anguissa, got worse as the season went on. Like lookman

shepperton white

Re Marcondes. my neighbour is a ST holder at Brentford.  He told me despite his showing at the final, over the season he wasn't that great, So his departure has little or no affect on the team

MartyFFC

Brentford are run on an absolute shoestring of a budget; probably offered him a dire contract. Their promotion is a genuinely remarkable achievement - there are teams in league one who probably have a bigger transfer net spend

Whitestone

Marcondes isn't very good. Poor judgment by Parker.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

95% of footballers and people involved in football, are in it for the money. Thought that was obvious.

Andy S

Come on Rufus it is only the top two divisions where you can make really big money. Look at Big Jim Stanard this week, he needs 50,000 for an operation and has had to ask supporters to donate. To England players it is back pocket money

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I was a mercenary.
In 1969 I moved from Allied Utd to Feltham FC (Surrey Senior League) for 4p per game.
It was transport money, but I walked to the ground and only ever played about 5 minutes
for the first team.
But I was a 'professional' footbaaller and played for the same team as Johnny Haynes
although it was a different era.
Good chat up line with the 'babes' though
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Andy S on July 03, 2021, 02:50:42 PM
Come on Rufus it is only the top two divisions where you can make really big money. Look at Big Jim Stanard this week, he needs 50,000 for an operation and has had to ask supporters to donate. To England players it is back pocket money

League 2 players still average almost £100 grand a year...

Pluto

He's rubbish to be honest. Doubt they'll miss him.

Twig

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on July 03, 2021, 09:44:37 PM

Which ain't a lot when you consider that their careers are ove at 30 something.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Twig on July 03, 2021, 11:42:01 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on July 03, 2021, 09:44:37 PM

Which ain't a lot when you consider that their careers are ove at 30 something.

I'd be happy to earn that under 30 lol.