watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What we need

Started by WestSussexWhite, July 03, 2021, 05:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestSussexWhite

So with the managerial situation sorted, how many new players do you think we need? I genuinely believe we will be ok with 5. We obviously need a few outgoing but think 2 wingers/AM's, another striker (2 if Mitro goes) another CB (2 if Tosin goes) and maybe 1 extra midfielder?

Jules

We need some to leave first to enable us to bring some in. Our squad is bloated with dead wood.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Jules on July 03, 2021, 06:14:05 PM
We need some to leave first to enable us to bring some in. Our squad is bloated with dead wood.
Agree with this.

JimmyConway

Two good forwards even with Mitro get rid of one or two wide players as we are top heavy.
One good midfield player with some pace as we don't have any in current squad for that position.
Possible good keeper to either keep Rodak on his toes or replace should the need be.
Defence does not need strengthening if all stay? Though back up to Tete would be good. We can then try to shift a lot of old stock!

I wonder if Silva might try to get a tune out of Seri? I wonder how many suitors he has now having not been a huge success out on loan. Even if out of contract next season it could be the new man might want to integrate into team if his happy to stay and be given a chance rather than move from pillow to post?

BestOfBrede

What we need is a Louise Saha II

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: JimmyConway on July 03, 2021, 06:28:53 PM
Two good forwards even with Mitro get rid of one or two wide players as we are top heavy.
One good midfield player with some pace as we don't have any in current squad for that position.
Possible good keeper to either keep Rodak on his toes or replace should the need be.
Defence does not need strengthening if all stay? Though back up to Tete would be good. We can then try to shift a lot of old stock!

I wonder if Silva might try to get a tune out of Seri? I wonder how many suitors he has now having not been a huge success out on loan. Even if out of contract next season it could be the new man might want to integrate into team if his happy to stay and be given a chance rather than move from pillow to post?

We need to get Seri off the wage bill, but if we can't I'm all for Silva trying to get the best out of him. I would say we need an experienced number 2 but as far as I'm aware Fabri is still around....

Statto

Don't think we need any defenders

CM looks light assuming Anguissa leaves and Cairney's fitness issues remain - one or two needed there IMO

I'd be happy with 3 from AK47, Kebano, Mitrovic, Cavaleiro and Reid up front but another exciting forward wouldn't go amiss

We Are Premier League

Think we only need one attacking player, plus we need to replace anyone that leaves; podssible, Betts, Anguissa, Tosin, Johansen, etc.

jayffc

Think we need a high quality creative CM in case tom gets hurt 3rd backup there would be fabi

RW and LW we need options
CF we need another quality striker to push Mitro or play alongside him.
Potentially 1 new CB if we can find quality but in theory Tosin, Kongolo, Hector , Ream and Odoi should be enough cover if not.

RB I'd like competition for Tete but he may well leave so likely will need a new RB anyway

LB were good providing no one leaves.

DM assuming Anguissa leaves well need a replacement there. May need 2 here given Lemina is also gone. Hope we hold on to Harrison massively.

Out I would say it's time to replace Cav, knockaert, AK and kebano but only if we can replace them.

Happy with Rodak in goal. May need a decent 2nd option unless our youth can step up.

Lots to do.

Riversider

What have your sources heard 😁😂🤣😉

junior white

Probably need a DoS first before we do anything lol, i am joking of course

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Twig

I think we need to take a step back and first decide our football strategy, exactly how we want to play. Then and only then should we take stock of our squad and decide who fits, who should go and where we need new signings.

Andy S

There are obviously some young players coming through. Thelma management need to evaluate where they will fit in before we start paying for replacements that will block their path to the first team

Caedal

Trimming the squad is obviously the first thing. The rest depends on who leaves. If we can keep Anguissa and Mitro we should be favourites for the league. Maybe bring in a wide player and a CB if Silva doesn't rate Mawson/Kongolo.

I personally don't think we need much. The squad for this level is very strong

WolverineFFC

What we need depends mostly on the things only the club knows. Who is willing to stay and who is on the move. As I see it, if all the players currently under contract stay the only thing the club NEEDS is a backup GK.

RB could become a major issue if Tete moves. Besides that position and ST which goes without saying, every other spot on the club has decent cover.

I know many on here dislike loan moves, but I think the best strategy may be to loan to buy several youngish players like the club did with Harrison Reed. It would maintain maximum flexibility moving forward. The squad has plenty of Championship level depth. There is no need to buy a large number of players unless they are a clear upgrade on those at the club now.

St. Andrews White

At the moment for me the answer is 'no one'. We've got a large squad that's covered everywhere, aside maybe from a backup striker.

Once we've shifted players (Seri, Anguissa, a couple of wingers, Christie, MLM) then we can think about incomings. But even then I think a new CF and CM/CDM is all we'll need. We have a large squad and some exciting youth talent that can plug gaps if need be.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.