watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin

Started by Cookie6262, July 07, 2021, 09:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie6262

Am I right in saying that Tosin has a £10 million relegation release clause but this is only in place up until today??? Does anybody have confirmation of this or know for definite this is the case? I will be very happy if he is still out player at midnight tonight.

WestSussexWhite

It's either today or Saturday....I've heard both.

sarnian

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 07, 2021, 09:15:18 AM

I think the media have always said the 7th July.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: sarnian on July 07, 2021, 08:27:53 PM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 07, 2021, 09:15:18 AM

I think the media have always said the 7th July.

Yeah I think it is. Fingers crossed they are correct!

The Rational Fan

We need to hang on a bit before celebrating, media doesn't seem to be certain whether Tosin's contract says 28 days or 30 days before the first game, plus what game qualifies as the first game of the championship season (the first non-fulham EFL game or the first Fulham EFL game). All we know is the deadline is near.

filham

Losing Tosin would be a big blow and mean we would start the season with a shaky defense again.

junior white

To be honest the date is sort of irrelevant to a degree. Several reasons one we do not know for certain there is a clause, two a bid could be received before the date and not disclosed and he could leave in a months time, third if no bid is received great however then the guaranteed amount has gone as if a big team come sin under that value we could lose him for less if he and his agent kick up a stink.

I hate clauses like this as it just means that's all we have to listen to prior to the date after that it's anyone's guess as to what we get

H4usuallysitting

I've never heard of Tosin, and didn't know we signed him - but I think I'm expertly placed to make an informative statement about him... He's committed to working with our manager Scott Parker, so we've got nothing to fear

JackHamlet90

Crucial we keep Tosin for next year do believe he is the best CB going in to the championship next season

Statto

Quote from: junior white on July 08, 2021, 06:53:53 PM
To be honest the date is sort of irrelevant to a degree. Several reasons one we do not know for certain there is a clause, two a bid could be received before the date and not disclosed and he could leave in a months time, third if no bid is received great however then the guaranteed amount has gone as if a big team come sin under that value we could lose him for less if he and his agent kick up a stink.

I hate clauses like this as it just means that's all we have to listen to prior to the date after that it's anyone's guess as to what we get

You can draft a clause however you want but it would seem a bit Irish to me to say the bid has to be received by a certain date but the deal might not then be completed for some time after. For a start you could then get the slightly absurd situation of every vaguely interested  club preemptively making a bid now, just to give themselves the option of signing him in late August if they want to. I think it more likely that if there is any time-limited clause, it says the deal must be completed by the deadline.

Also once any deadline (if there is one) has passed, if an even lower offer comes in, yes the agent can kick up a stink but we can still reject it and let the player rot in the reserves. We've turned down massive bids from China for Mitrovic for example. So we do have some leverage.

I can't see him going anywhere.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Statto on July 09, 2021, 08:39:48 AM

You can draft a clause however you want but it would seem a bit Irish to me to say the bid has to be received by a certain date but the deal might not then be completed for some time after. For a start you could then get the slightly absurd situation of every vaguely interested  club preemptively making a bid now, just to give themselves the option of signing him in late August if they want to.

Also once any deadline (if there is one) has passed, if an even lower offer comes in, yes the agent can kick up a stink but we can still reject it and let the player rot in the reserves. We've turned down massive bids from China for Mitrovic for example. So we do have some leverage.

The Khan's have shown they won't sell their best players if they don't need too

junior white

You can draft a clause however you want but it would seem a bit Irish to me to say the bid has to be received by a certain date but the deal might not then be completed for some time after. For a start you could then get the slightly absurd situation of every vaguely interested  club preemptively making a bid now, just to give themselves the option of signing him in late August if they want to. I think it more likely that if there is any time-limited clause, it says the deal must be completed by the deadline.

Statto I do not disagree with anything you have said, all i was listing was all the permables from such a deal. The part where it could be completed after only revolves around if a bid is placed before the deadline and then the formalities drag onto after that deadline (lets face t our deals always seem to be slow).

I love the idea of letting them rot in the reserves, it is what I would do, however i do think as a window drags on that resolve weakens and owners / managers would rather get a player out if they have too. The Mitro one is very true we did and he wasn't happy but he carried on playing, which shows sometimes a club can hold the power.

Somerset Fulham

This may be a little unpopular, but I'm also not sure that he's that good yet.

MartyFFC

This fella will be the best central defender in the league; it's absolutely essential we keep him

Woolly Mammoth

We must build the team round players like Tosin and Reed, Bryan, Tete, Robinson, Cairney, Kongolo and Mawson if they can stay fit, Rodak, Mitro and others if they can step up to the plate.
Naturally we will need some fresh blood, but I feel Tosin is one of our Key players.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: junior white on July 09, 2021, 10:09:20 AM

Statto I do not disagree with anything you have said, all i was listing was all the permables from such a deal. The part where it could be completed after only revolves around if a bid is placed before the deadline and then the formalities drag onto after that deadline (lets face t our deals always seem to be slow).

I love the idea of letting them rot in the reserves, it is what I would do, however i do think as a window drags on that resolve weakens and owners / managers would rather get a player out if they have too. The Mitro one is very true we did and he wasn't happy but he carried on playing, which shows sometimes a club can hold the power.

Based upon my years of experience playing Football Manager, these sort of clauses expire if the deal isn't completed within the time limit. So putting a bid in before the deadline but not finalising would make the deal invalid and the club under no obligation to accept that price.

Statto

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 09, 2021, 11:22:12 AM
This may be a little unpopular, but I'm also not sure that he's that good yet.

Agreed. As evidenced by no PL club wanting him at £10m (If indeed there is a clause)