News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many of the first five are we going to win?

Started by Fernhurst, July 17, 2021, 08:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Would love to think we can get maximum points from four of our first 5 with Boro tripping us up taking a point at The Cottage in our first game.

COYW  049:gif. COYW  049:gif
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Five 0-0 Draws.

Oh, Parker has gone hasn't he...

Sorry, we will have 12 points from our first 5 games  (4 wins and a loss) and be in the top 4.

Woolly Mammoth

We will probably win our first match v Borough and drop points in each of the next 4.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

ALL OF THEM FERNY 15 points, 11 goals for and 2 against.

MartyFFC

13 points from the first 5 games I reckon. Onwards and upwards......

filham

With just a few weeks to go we haven't any real idea how we will be lining up and therefore can't make any meaningful predictions on how we will compete.
All i can think about at the moment is will Mitro be our striker and will we be able to average more than a goal a game at the Cottage.

Jules

We've still got a lot of squad organising ins/outs to do. Silva needs to know his first 11 which again will take some time. I am not sure it's going to be as easy as some think. We still lack creativity in the midfield and there is the Mitro conundrum also. Hard to predict at this stage. We are one of the bookies favourites to go up but that's always going to be the case with relegated teams. Top 6 is realistic this season if Silva can get us playing in the way he wants us to.

Whitestone

If Silva can get us playing like Tigana I'm hoping we win the first eleven as we march on to the title in style.

bobby01

Silva loved Deeney and I believe Mitro is a better player. As others say And I agree that midfield is the problem, Harrison is nailed on to play, are the others of the standard required, Cairney should be good enough but can we keep him injury free and is he suited to a high tempo midfield. I disagree with others on Onomah as I think he is bang average, but we are all entitled to our opinions. Does Stefjo go or stay, same question re Frank and Seri.

Still so many unknowns as to who stays,who goes, lots fro Silva to do.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Fernhurst

Quote from: blingo on July 17, 2021, 09:30:58 AM
ALL OF THEM FERNY 15 points, 11 goals for and 2 against.

You're optimism hasn't wavered in 10 years Bling........... good on ya.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

filham

At the moment we have Anguissa, Read, Cairney, Stefjo and Onamah available for the three midfield positions, unless we trade downwards I don't see how anyone can see a problem in midfield.

Pluto

Fernhurst

Wow, we are super confident on here. Let's launch "HMS Were gonna piss the League" right now.

Whitestone

The thing about the Championship for a team with a squad like ours the games are all winnable. We know that won't happen but in July we can dream.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

cottage expat

Four wins and a draw.Pundits start talking up Fulham's chances of winning the league under their creative new manager. 049:gif

ALG01

I do not know how many we will win. I hope it is five
If my maths is correct there are 243 outcomes in five games so the potential for variance is imense.

Twig

We are likely to go into the first few games with an undercooked squad and we know from experience how that can play out.  Of course we're likely to have the individual quality (subject to whatever transfer activity happens) but will we have a team with an established shape and clear tactics or playing style? I think that might take a few matches to sort out and meanwhile we could drop some points that on paper we shouldn't.