watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steve Kean Says £5 Million Will See Rovers Finish Top Ten

Started by White Noise, December 21, 2010, 07:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

What did you think of Steve Kean when he was at Fulham? The bloke certainly got a lot of stick on Fulham messageboards. How unbelievable is it that he will be managing a Prem club until at least February? Also, if he gets £5 Million (10th Steve - really??) then what must MAF be willing to furnish Sparky with?

You'll have £5m transfer kitty, Blackburn owners tell caretaker boss Steve Kean

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 1:48 AM on 21st December 2010

In the market: Blackburn caretaker manager Kean

Blackburn's new Indian owners have told caretaker boss Steve Kean that he will be in charge of the club at least until the end of the January transfer window.

But Venky's, who have their sights on a top-five finish, are only likely to give him a transfer budget of £5million.

Kean said: 'We need to sit down and see how the £5m breaks down. I don't know if it's £5m on transfer fees or £5m on fees and salaries. But if we have a full squad and £5m, I'm confident we could finish above 10th.'

Teenage midfielder Phil Jones, injured against West Ham on Saturday, had a cartilage operation

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1340344/Blackburn-owners-tell-caretaker-boss-Steve-Kean-Youll-5m-transfer-kitty.html#ixzz18jN0hwAe

TonyGilroy

Managers come and go and most are crap. Hardly any retire as successes and many seem to be appointed almost by accident.

Some get lucky for a while. Some have methods or personalities which seem to work at a particular club. Some move around from job to job with occasional minor highs and lows but nothing really outstanding. No reason why Steve Kean shouldn't have his moment in the sun but you know that it will end in tears.

There are clearly good managers around. Ferguson, Wenger, Ancelloti, Redknapp, Moyes. And Hodgson. Allardyce and Pullis for a certain type of club. Coyle could well be another long term success but I'm not sure there are many others.

Hughes "proved" himself at Blackburn but may have been found out at Man City. Success or failure with us will decide.

Bruce always does OK but no more. Holloway is on a high but he does seem to be at the right club at the right time.

The others will be gone soon enough.

And these are the men managing at the top. 

Willard

Blackburn + Steve Kean + £5m = 10th. Hmmm, doesn't add up for me!

MJG

The manager who keeps getting jobs who I just don't get is Gary Megson, he get results if you look at his record but my god what a dull person he is and as for the teams he produces.
I agree on Coyle his teams play football and he is slowly changing Bolton to a footballing team, maybe we have Hughes doing the reverse of that. ;-)

BalDrick

The table's so tight at the moment that 10th is easily attainable for them, as it is for myriad other clubs (possibly even including us).

As for Kean, one would hope he's learnt a few things since his days of telling Fulham to surrender possession against Chelsea because we knew what to do without the ball. But he can't be as bad as all that, you'd have to say being #2 under Allardyce is a promotion from being #2 under Coleman.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

TonyGilroy

My assumption would be that Allardyce's number 2 would simply do what he's told whereas Coleman's number 2 would frequently be driving the boat.

BalDrick

Well we'll see over the next few months I suppose. Obviously anyone but us but I wouldn't want to see them relegated, decent bunch of fans, club roughly the same size as ours.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

If he learnt anything from Chris Coleman he will probably buy two old Jocks who like a drink...

SmithyFFC

FTID

epsomraver

If he can stay off the booze long enough, I saw him carried out of the bar at the cottage legless.

Burt

Rearrange these words to make a well-known phrase:

Depth. His. Well. Of. Out.

Peyton

Time will tell if he has learnt anything about managing a team or not but it seems to me like maybe the new owners want someone in place to coach the team that they choose and buy and maybe they see someone like Kean as willing to put up with that unlike a proper manager.
I am therefore I must be.....I think?

alfie

he is quite a decent bloke actually, but he was with Coleman although a smashing bloke was a control freak, and Keen done what he was told.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FatFreddysCat

Kean got a bad press on the old Offal, but who really knew if he was doing a good or bad job. Good luck to him  :54: