Previous topic - Next topic

I Ronic

Looks like a very positive change.

FULHAMFC.COMTICKETSSTOREAPPLOG IN

3 hours ago

Academy

CHANGES TO ACADEMY STRUCTURE

By Fulham FC

The Club is pleased to confirm the following organisational changes to its Academy structure.

Head of Football Development – Huw JenningsAcademy Director – Mike CaveFirst Team Development Coach – Colin Omogbehin

Head of Football Development - Huw Jennings

Huw has been with the Club for 12 years, a period which has seen the Academy develop several young players and achieve important milestones during his tenure as Academy Director. During this time, the Academy first achieved Category One in July 2012 as part of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) and has maintained this status since.

His role as Head of Football Development will incorporate three broad objectives:

Developing closer domestic and international links in the post-Brexit era to strengthen the Club's reach for opportunities to recruit talent and provide a platform for our existing players to develop and flourish.Supporting the transitioning of Academy players into first team environments building on our existing structure.Leading the FFCW programme as it transitions from the FFC Foundation to the performance side of the Club.

Academy Director – Mike Cave

Mike Cave will step up from Academy Manager to Academy Director, building on his success in delivering a top-class Category One environment. Mike has brought with him experience and skill from his time previously working in the sports business sector whilst at the media agency IMG, as well as supporting on the performance side as a UEFA A qualified coach and postgraduate alumni from Loughborough University. He will continue the Academy's great work of delivering its mission to support every player with an individualised, innovative and life enhancing football experience.

First Team Development Coach – Colin Omogbehin

Colin Omogbehin moves from the U23s setup to take on an exciting new role as First Team Development Coach. He will provide daily support, on and off the pitch, for Academy players transitioning into first team environments. Colin is an excellent role model, with vast experience of working with young players at Fulham FC and the South London area. He will help the players understand what is required of them to achieve success at senior level.

Huw Jennings said: "After 12 seasons at the Club, I am delighted to be moving into a new role. The Academy under Mike Cave and the excellent Academy staff team will continue to build the best Academy for Fulham. We are as determined as ever to compete with the best young player development programmes in the country, and Colin's appointment is a commitment to this objective. Similarly, the Club recognises the importance of the current exciting era for women's football, and I am looking forward to supporting Head Coach Steve Jaye and the team, as we build our programme for the future."

RELATED NEWS

Bournemouth U18 1-2 Fulham U18

PRINCIPAL CLUB PARTNERS

OFFICIAL CLUB PARTNERS & SUPPLIERS

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Snapchat Contact UsFAQsPoliciesAccessibilityCompany Info

bobby01

Seems like a long term strategy is emerging, Colin acting as liaison between the first team and the youngsters.
Sounds like a strategy to identify who might be good enough and ease their progress through.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Porthogs FC

This is a positive step for sure.

mrmicawbers

Sounds like a pay rise and change of title to me.Happy he's still here though.Done wonders for the academy.

Classic94

Yep, happy with this. Hopefully a clearer strategy emerging with regards to transitioning our academy prospects into the first team.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Good to hear that someone will be the direct conduit between the Academy and the first team.
I imagine this will be with idea to constanly advocate for the potential first team lads and push
for their selection.
This could open the door more for the 'youngsters' and hopefully some will break through and
want to stay at the club, or if sold, receive a more realistic fee.
We have tended to offload a lot of players for insignificant amounts.
A few overseas games for them will make staying a lot more interesting as they develop.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

AJW48361

Pembs U-23 coach I presume big chance for him.

Andy S

It seems to me that after advertising for a position we found that we had decent enough people at the club to fill in the positions. Always good to promote from within if possible.

filham

Lets hope these changes result in giving us one or two players who can command places in our first team, that alone is my measure of success for the academy.