Top Tip for Keeping Cool in Hot Weather

Started by rebel, July 18, 2021, 04:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊ICE🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: mrmicawbers on July 18, 2021, 04:28:00 PM
Cold beer.

Correct answer. Tried one called Star Larger today, very refreshing. Nigeria's finest.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: rebel on July 18, 2021, 04:24:54 PM
🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊ICE🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊
Also, Don't bite to WUM on Friends of Fulham 👍😉
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

grandad

Living in Spain & used to very high temperatures my advice is to never drink ice cold drinks. It can cause serious complications.  Apparently, if you're too hot and chug a bottle of cold water, it can send your body into shock. It thinks that the stomach is going hypothermic and so it takes the warm blood from your hand,feet and head and sends it to the stomach. You will lose consciousness.  Cold water is good, but only in sips. Room temperature water is better if you need fast rehydration.
Where there's a will there's a wife

rebel

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on July 18, 2021, 04:37:24 PM
Quote from: rebel on July 18, 2021, 04:24:54 PM
🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊ICE🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊
Also, Don't bite to WUM on Friends of Fulham 👍😉

I spent hours and hours researching ice, the molecular structure of ice, so I could provide that well researched advice.

Lighthouse

Drink non alcoholic beverages little and often. Especially the older you get as you don't feel warm and then you find yourself floating on a cloud of flying unicorns and dribbling and talking in tongues.

If the temperature becomes so bad. Sit in a bath and slowly allow cool water to flow into the bath allowing your body to adjust. If you become too hot, sweating no longer can cool you down.

Or live in England as a few days of warm weather doesn't really make much difference. Although I am at this very moment sitting with just a vest and light trousers on. Having had to take the thigh boots filled spaghetti hoops off.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MartyFFC

Fridge full of Camden Hells does the trick for me

BestOfBrede

Buy a Dyson cooler
Also great for hay fever and/or asthma sufferers

deadcowboys

When it's this hot, I follow my Indian friends & have a cup of tea. Much better for you.

rebel

A bucket of water with ice, put your feet in bucket, would that help?

mrmicawbers

Quote from: grandad on July 18, 2021, 04:45:46 PM
Living in Spain & used to very high temperatures my advice is to never drink ice cold drinks. It can cause serious complications.  Apparently, if you're too hot and chug a bottle of cold water, it can send your body into shock. It thinks that the stomach is going hypothermic and so it takes the warm blood from your hand,feet and head and sends it to the stomach. You will lose consciousness.  Cold water is good, but only in sips. Room temperature water is better if you need fast rehydration.
Ah hah that explains some of my drinking experiences on holiday abroad,

blingo

Stay out of direct sunlight, use factor 50 suntan lotion and most importantly wear a hat.

Andy S

Just relax and don't rush around. Drink plenty of non alcoholic liquid shower regularly and tell the Mrs to do her own ironing

cookieg

FrequencyCPT

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on July 18, 2021, 04:35:39 PM
Correct answer. Tried one called Star Larger today, very refreshing. Nigeria's finest.

It's also my favourite in Nigeria.  The only issue I had with it was that the alcohol percentage seems to be more of a rough guideline :D

rebel

A bandanna with ice cubes, I can see it being the 'in thing'.

H4usuallysitting

Driving about in my non air conditioned cab....with the window open, while smoking a pipe

rebel

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on July 19, 2021, 03:27:29 PM
Driving about in my non air conditioned cab....with the window open, while smoking a pipe

That is 'cool', maybe singing in between 'puffs'. maybe 'La da da, la dee, dee'.