watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Premier League footballer held over child sex allegations

Started by RufusBrevettatemyhamster, July 20, 2021, 07:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Have suspended a first team player pending a police investigation.

Rumours are its for child sex offences and the player involved is an international player. I'm not putting his name here for obvious reasons.
Pretty vile behaviour though if true.

Somerset Fulham

It's not looking good, to be honest.

Twig

Not looking good but nobody should jump to conclusions. People have been wrongly accused before so we should wait and see.

MartyFFC

31 years old which narrows it down to 2 players as far as I can see. Given the use of social media nowadays I would imagine the name will be out in the public sphere within the next couple of days

filham

Pleased to see that the name has been witheld. We really must not persecute the person until they have been proven guilty.

RaySmith

Quote from: filham on July 20, 2021, 10:08:43 AM
Pleased to see that the name has been witheld. We really must not persecute the person until they have been proven guilty.

Agree.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: MartyFFC on July 20, 2021, 10:02:04 AM
31 years old which narrows it down to 2 players as far as I can see. Given the use of social media nowadays I would imagine the name will be out in the public sphere within the next couple of days

The name is definitely already out there on social media , obviously won't disclose it on here, it will come out over the next few days I'm sure

HV71

We certainly must not jump to conclusions- we would all do well to remember Dave Jones the former Southampton manager whose life was ruined by false accusations of child abuse. Innocent until proven guilty

Somerset Fulham

It's definitely leaked all over Twitter, and indeed was a rumour a few weeks ago so it does look pretty grim.

But those saying we shouldn't jump to conclusions etc are of course 100% right.

Allestree andy

A Premier League footballer has been arrested on suspicion of child sex offences.

The 31-year-old man, who has not been named for legal reasons, was detained on Friday by Greater Manchester Police.

In a statement, the player's club confirmed he had been suspended and added it would "continue supporting the authorities with inquiries and would not be commenting further".

The footballer has since been bailed pending further inquiries.

wow
To the limit and beyond

H4usuallysitting

I've had 3 passenger's say the same name

Lighthouse

We live in such a World where monsters of every kind hide in plain sight. The brain chemistry of such people will someday be explained.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

We Are Premier League

The Sunderland player that was jailed a few years a go was found (by a professional) to be "socially and psychologically immature" and that there was no evidence that he had a sexual attraction to prepubescent children...

Sounds like someone that has grown up in a bubble with no clue of the real world...

Steeeeeeeeeed

Yeah, I saw his name mentioned... Texting underage girls in an adult manner it seems

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: We Are Premier League on July 20, 2021, 12:33:07 PM
The Sunderland player that was jailed a few years a go was found (by a professional) to be "socially and psychologically immature" and that there was no evidence that he had a sexual attraction to prepubescent children...

Sounds like someone that has grown up in a bubble with no clue of the real world...

Ridiculous defence argument if I'm honest. You'd know that a girl under 16, when you're in your late 20s is weird if you don't realise it wrong.

MartyFFC

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 20, 2021, 10:14:27 AM
Quote from: MartyFFC on July 20, 2021, 10:02:04 AM

The name is definitely already out there on social media , obviously won't disclose it on here, it will come out over the next few days I'm sure
Yeah it's in the international press and there are already memes doing the rounds......

Nero

Andy S

Why do some people feel it right to name names? It wasn't necessary. You need to be prosecuted and not hide behind this site. maybe you would understand the law then.

Twig

Quote from: Andy S on July 20, 2021, 04:41:38 PM
Why do some people feel it right to name names? It wasn't necessary. You need to be prosecuted and not hide behind this site. maybe you would understand the law then.

I genuinely do not understand this post. Can anyone clarify?

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Twig on July 20, 2021, 04:52:01 PM
Quote from: Andy S on July 20, 2021, 04:41:38 PM

I genuinely do not understand this post. Can anyone clarify?

Someone has named someone that has been connected to the crime. They shouldn't because that person might be totally innocent. If guilty, it'll be common knowledge anyway.