watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Politics

Started by Friendsoffulham, July 19, 2021, 10:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

The Ancient Egyptians tackled 'politics' by building pyramids.   

Ruislip White

There should be no room for politics in sport.  Sad that political ideology has been imposed on football in the last 18 months, but the controversy and divisiveness over the same period highlights just why the 2 things should be kept separate.

Barrett487

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 20, 2021, 08:22:42 AM
They are generally quite handy for weeding out those abhorrent people that lurk on here though.
I think that's unhelpful.

Barrett487

Quote from: MJG on July 20, 2021, 11:01:36 AM
I'll always say it should be allowed just as it would in a pub. But I understand why we dont allow it.

As for threads sticking to the main point raised, a thread will change and move in the direction its posters take it. I like the fact we can start talking about one subject and it takes another route.Not eveything can be kept in a nice box wioth no diviation
That's such a difficult call Mike.

Threads that become political can turn poster against poster. I think the rule is there to protect the friend-bubble. Having said that, pub politics between friends can be fun, but we're only acquaintances methinks.

H4usuallysitting

Politically..... didn't someone once say

Too bad that all the people that know how to run the country are busy driving taxicabs and cutting hair

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: MJG on July 20, 2021, 11:01:36 AM
I'll always say it should be allowed just as it would in a pub. But I understand why we dont allow it.

As for threads sticking to the main point raised, a thread will change and move in the direction its posters take it. I like the fact we can start talking about one subject and it takes another route.Not eveything can be kept in a nice box wioth no diviation

Here's a start to an example of a thread moving in the direction its posters take it..

Once upon a time there was a man who wore a white and black soccer shirt.
Some people suggested he should wear a blue and white hooped shirt and others
suggested a red and white striped shirt.
Still others reccomended a blue shirt......,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 20, 2021, 12:44:38 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 20, 2021, 12:27:06 PM
Quote from: blingo on July 20, 2021, 11:50:17 AM
This should be titled Politics and Religion.

and Cobblers

Not really as Northampton Town are a legitimate football club and therefor considered a football subject.

Sounds a real shoe in.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Politics are an essential part of life, so will naturally seep into everything. I think it's nye on impossible to prevent it being bought up.

I'd like everyone yo write a quick speech on why they think politics should or shouldn't be allowed though, and at the end we will have a vote to determine the outcome.

bobbo

Once the season starts we'll all have football to talk about .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Friendsoffulham

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on July 21, 2021, 08:02:34 AM
Politics are an essential part of life, so will naturally seep into everything. I think it's nye on impossible to prevent it being bought up.

I'd like everyone yo write a quick speech on why they think politics should or shouldn't be allowed though, and at the end we will have a vote to determine the outcome.

Politics may be an essential part of life, but not on this Forum. If we feel the need to ever introduce it RufusBrevettatemyhamster, then we will do so, so no need for quick speeches, or votes. Until then, any political posts will be removed without any warning ..

Hatch007

A little boy goes to his dad and asks, "What is politics?" The dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way: I'm the breadwinner of the family, so let's call me capitalism. Your mother, she's the administrator of the money, so we'll call her the government. We're here to take care of your needs, so we'll call you the people. The nanny, we'll consider her the working class. And your baby brother, we'll call him the future. Now, think about that and see if that makes sense." The little boy goes off to bed thinking about what dad had said. Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets up to check on him. He finds that the baby has soiled his diaper. The little boy goes to his parents' room and finds his mother sound asleep. Not wanting to wake her, he goes to the nanny's room. Finding the door locked, he peeks in the keyhole and sees his father in bed with the nanny. He gives up and goes back to bed. The next morning, the little boy says to his father, "Dad, I think I understand the concept of politics now." The father says, "Good son, tell me in your own words what you think politics is all about." The little boy replies, "Well, while capitalism is screwing the working class, the government is sound asleep, the people are being ignored and the future is in deep s**t."

Lighthouse

It is not as if subjects other than football are not widely discussed on FOF. Music , films other sport have all had a great number of threads. All very entertaining and fun. However politics has become a team sport. We suddenly become football yobs and want to defend our team. Knowing that all the teams have their bad players.

Yes 'politics' is in everything but 'team politics' isn't. The childish and often abusive nature of the discussion attacking one side or one team member is often born out of ignorance and stupidity. Glossing over the faults of the system (the league) helps nobody.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

On a scale of North Korea to England, how free are you tonight.
I do not normally approve of political jokes I have seen too many get elected.
Here is one.....,, " All those that object to Democracy raise your hand "

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

Quote from: FFCpmd on July 20, 2021, 09:46:19 AM

How ironic if this thread were to be be locked because it became too political.....

.. or someone gets a ban ...  :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

cottage expat

What about sex?

blingo

Quote from: cottage expat on July 22, 2021, 06:40:21 PM

What about sex?

Never on a first date Mr Cottage lol

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: cottage expat on July 22, 2021, 06:40:21 PM

What about sex?

That depends on who with and when and where, I am a very busy man.

Never forget your Roots.