watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joey Barton charged with assult

Started by sunburywhite, July 25, 2021, 10:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Twig

He has serious problems and why Bristol want him as their manager is beyond me.

cmg

Rates very high on the despicable person/talented footballer chart.

South Coast White

Horrible specimen of a human being.
Really smart move....hitting a woman..allegedly!!!!

Slaphead in Qatar

Hit his wife actually .......2 days before their wedding anniversary

Buffalo76

Quote from: Twig on July 25, 2021, 11:02:47 AM
He has serious problems and why Bristol want him as their manager is beyond me.

Never understand why any club would go near him. Fleetwood gave him his break in management and he 'allegedly' attacked the then Barnsley manager during his time there. He never covered himself in glory at times during his playing career, and people go on about giving people a 2nd( 3rd, 4th, 5th..in his case) chance and that he's misunderstood and that he's intelligent blah blah blah. Maybe he is, but the guy's still a nasty thug. End of.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Whole family are a vile bunch. His half brother is inside for putting an axe in the head of a black kid, just for being black.
Joey needs to be locked up.

MartyFFC

Obviously hasn't grown up. He's feral

Statto

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on July 25, 2021, 05:20:10 PM
Whole family are a vile bunch. His half brother is inside for putting an axe in the head of a black kid, just for being black.

Disliking someone for being black is a bit like disliking someone for something their brother did. So you might want to be careful on that high horse up there. In fact it was his cousin who had the axe, FWIW.

With that said, even discounting familial connections and this as yet unproven allegation, i agree with others that he's done enough in his life to show he's a complete to$$er and I cannot understand why any club would dream of making him their manager.

Slaphead in Qatar

There's are difference between being a bad person and doing bad things. Sometimes both go hand in hand, in Joeys case I think he's an ok guy but simply cant control his temper. Probably rooted in his childhood - he needs help. I feel sorry for his victims but I also feel sorry for him.

mrmicawbers

If true I hope he gets locked up.Let's see how hard he thinks he is in Prison.

MartyFFC

To be fair he's already done a bit of bird for violently attacking 2 strangers, where he broke the teeth of a 16-year old. Think he got 6 months so a bit more bird will probably be water off a duck's back

filham

Barton's poor record has gone on and on for years, has anyone provided corrective action.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Statto on July 25, 2021, 06:07:29 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on July 25, 2021, 05:20:10 PM

Disliking someone for being black is a bit like disliking someone for something their brother did. So you might want to be careful on that high horse up there. In fact it was his cousin who had the axe, FWIW.

With that said, even discounting familial connections and this as yet unproven allegation, i agree with others that he's done enough in his life to show he's a complete to$$er and I cannot understand why any club would dream of making him their manager.

What are you talking about? I said the whole family are vile, you proved that statement accurate, then said I was on a high horse...

Joey Barton needs to be locked up for his past and current misdemeanours, nothing to do with his family.

Woolly Mammoth

When fruit goes rotten it can never ripen again.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

" but the guy's still a nasty thug. End of."

And will only understand a thugs retribution. 
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

The Rock

He looks terrible. Almost makes Keith Richards looks like a spring chicken.

Count Flapula

A Metropolitan Police statement read: "Joseph Barton, 38 (2.9.82), of Widnes, is due to appear on bail on Monday, July 26 at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court charged with assault by beating.

"The charge relates to an incident which took place at a residential property in Kew on Wednesday, June 2 in which a woman received a head injury. London Ambulance Service did not attend.

"A 38-year-old man was arrested on June 2, bailed pending further enquiries, and subsequently charged."

Does anyone else find it odd that the police statement publicly named and stated his DOB whilst this is still at charge stage rather than post prosecution? Normally the police statement says "a man from Widnes, 38....." - which they have done in the last sentence above, but only after actually naming him directly before that, which to me is even more odd. Why name him and then state "a 38-year-old-man was arrested..."?

perry geyton

Looks like a proper psycho in that photo
Head injuries to a female, what a nasty piece of work