Players to be loaned out

Started by rebel, July 25, 2021, 06:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Lordedmundo on July 27, 2021, 11:29:59 AM
Quote from: FulhamStu on July 27, 2021, 10:43:56 AM
Quote from: Statto on July 27, 2021, 09:39:40 AM
Only two scenarios I want to be loaning people out are

(a) players like Anguissa who probably don't want to play in the Championship but could come back and do a job for us if/when we get back into the PL

(b) young, developing players who aren't good enough for the first team yet

Otherwise, let's just sell them and get them off the books properly. Could see any/most of the following being let go...

Fabri, MLM, Kongolo, Mawson, Christie, Odoi, Kebano, Knockaert, Onomah, Seri     

I could not disagree more.  You don't offload your best players unless you have/need too.  How do you know Anguissa does not want to play in the championship.  Yes, Mawson and Kongolo have had very bad luck with injuries however they are both potentially top quality and could play in the Premier, it's entirely possible they will / have recovered from injury and be huge this coming season.  Finally if you listen to T's explanation of FFP, then you will learn that selling players before the end of their contracts that you have paid a lot of money for will cost you possible transfer embargo and fines not to mention points deduction.  Selling Anguissa, Seri, MLM and Mawson could be suicide unless you got a lot of money for them.

To be honest I think it is reasonable to assume that Anguissa does not want to play in the Championship - as he didn't last time we were relegated. Aside from Mitro he is literally the only player we would be able to sell for £15m plus and it would be a worthwhile sacrifice if the money is used to bring in a player who provides more goals and assists.

However, I go agree that from an FFP perspective - it would be a bad idea selling Seri, Mawson and Le Marchand, as the club will not get anywhere close to what was paid for them. It would be nice to think that Mawson can play in the Premier League, but it would be a real stretch when you consider he has never once looked fully fit when playing for us and has suffered a serious knee injury in each of the last three seasons!

There was a rumour on Twitter that he wanted to play for Silva and was staying but Im not sure how reliable the source was.

bill taylors apprentice

Ideally, a squad with ambition should be looking to move on the following.

Fabri, Odoi, Sessegnon, Christie,  MLM, Mawson, Knockaert, Seri, Onomah, Kamara, Kebano.

IMO Hector could come good and Ream and the likes of Odoi will be useful personalities to have around the team while Kebano, Onomah and Sessegnon may be needed depending on the youngsters coming through or further new signings.

Doubtful all we be gone but I'm hopeful that Silva can coach some of the above to be improved performers.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Lordedmundo on July 27, 2021, 11:29:59 AM

(a) players like Anguissa who probably don't want to play in the Championship but could come back and do a job for us if/when we get back into the PL

Otherwise, let's just sell them and get them off the books properly. Could see any/most of the following being let go...

I could not disagree more.  You don't offload your best players unless you have/need too.  How do you know Anguissa does not want to play in the championship.  Yes, Mawson and Kongolo have had very bad luck with injuries however they are both potentially top quality and could play in the Premier, it's entirely possible they will / have recovered from injury and be huge this coming season.  Finally if you listen to T's explanation of FFP, then you will learn that selling players before the end of their contracts that you have paid a lot of money for will cost you possible transfer embargo and fines not to mention points deduction.  Selling Anguissa, Seri, MLM and Mawson could be suicide unless you got a lot of money for them.

To be honest I think it is reasonable to assume that Anguissa does not want to play in the Championship - as he didn't last time we were relegated. Aside from Mitro he is literally the only player we would be able to sell for £15m plus and it would be a worthwhile sacrifice if the money is used to bring in a player who provides more goals and assists.

However, I go agree that from an FFP perspective - it would be a bad idea selling Seri, Mawson and Le Marchand, as the club will not get anywhere close to what was paid for them. It would be nice to think that Mawson can play in the Premier League, but it would be a real stretch when you consider he has never once looked fully fit when playing for us and has suffered a serious knee injury in each of the last three seasons!

Yes, it's a reasonable assumption, but that does not make it true.   If he wants out then I agree we should try and get as much money for him as we can.   If possible however we should try and keep all our best players and he is one of them.
I didn't think he would be with us this season but the longer pre-season goes on with his in camp, the more likely I think he stays.  I am sure he would enjoy ripping the division up and learning how to score a goal or two, plus he will still be earning a fortune.

Statto

Stu I didn't say I wanted to loan Anguissa out or that he doesn't want to play in the Championship, just that he probably doesn't (let's be honest, why would he?) and IF indeed he doesn't then I'd rather loan him out and have a chance of brining him back later, than just selling him.

Similarly if Kongolo and Mawson are fully recovered then obviously I want them in the team, but in the much more realistic scenario that they're never going to play more than 10-15 games per season, let's offload them.

As for FFP, it's much more complicated than you make out. Seri for example is in the last year of a 4 year contract, isn't he? So i you say for the sake of argument we paid £20m for him (who knows how we actually allocated that fee between him and MLM) we'll be hit with around £5m in amortization and £3m in fees if he stays. If we sell him we take the same hit (£5m amortization) but at least we avoid the wages and get back something (a small fee, even if just £2m). Again with MLM and Mawson, both nearing the ends of their contracts so will have a relatively low book value, and once you factor in that we also avoid their wages by selling them, even if we sell them for slightly less than book value we're still better off.

The Rock

Unlike last time I could see Anguissa stay.

Selling Seri seems impossible due to FFP implications. We aren't going to get anywhere close to what is needed. This is why we are tied to these loan deals with a view to a permanent signing which I think is smart business anyway.

Unlike most on here, I think we'll loan 5 or 6, not 10-12. We can't ship everyone out. We need a proper squad and a few of these players should be kept in the first team... pick your 6 of the ~ 12 discussed on here.

filham

I think we have a high number of players and that some players need to move on.
However having said that if we suffer from late window raids and Mitro, Anguissa and Reed are snatched from us then we are going to be short on quality.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Statto on July 27, 2021, 02:18:25 PM

Stu I didn't say I wanted to loan Anguissa out or that he doesn't want to play in the Championship, just that he probably doesn't (let's be honest, why would he?) and IF indeed he doesn't then I'd rather loan him out and have a chance of brining him back later, than just selling him.

Similarly if Kongolo and Mawson are fully recovered then obviously I want them in the team, but in the much more realistic scenario that they're never going to play more than 10-15 games per season, let's offload them.

As for FFP, it's much more complicated than you make out. Seri for example is in the last year of a 4 year contract, isn't he? So i you say for the sake of argument we paid £20m for him (who knows how we actually allocated that fee between him and MLM) we'll be hit with around £5m in amortization and £3m in fees if he stays. If we sell him we take the same hit (£5m amortization) but at least we avoid the wages and get back something (a small fee, even if just £2m). Again with MLM and Mawson, both nearing the ends of their contracts so will have a relatively low book value, and once you factor in that we also avoid their wages by selling them, even if we sell them for slightly less than book value we're still better off.

Fair enough, didn't read what you meant correctly.   My main point is we need to keep our best players, I have no idea if Seri is one of them or a total waste of time.  From all the photos coming in it would seem Silva/Boa are making a fuss of him.

I do fear for Mawson as knees are notoriously difficult to fix but it can be done and Kongolo has just been very unlucky as previously to signing on loan for us had no real injury problems.  Our medical people must think they can get him sorted and I suspect are just being careful.  If we start with a fully fit Mawson, then replace him at some point with a fully fit Kongolo, alongside Tosin, that an incredibly strong central defence.

Pluto

I would only look to loan Sess and Fossey for game time. Sell Seri, Fabri and Knockaert if we can get anything for them.