watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players to be loaned out

Started by rebel, July 25, 2021, 06:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

I expect quite a few to be loaned out, (we have far too many defenders) to get game time.

Finnans Right Peg

Depending on who we keep I would loan out sess and knock or try sell knock wid deffo keep carv as i think wit a Portuguese coach we cud get a good season with him in and out of the 1st 11

JimmyConway

I would imagine it will be as you were from last season plus a couple more thrown in.
Kamara Knockeart Kebano MLM Christie add to them Anguissa Odoi possibly Onomah and Hector. Then you have the fringe type like Sessegnon & Fossey I wonder if the manager wants one of them as back up to Tete or Christie come to thin of it. Fabri must be off as well.
I was going to add Seri to that list but I just wonder if Silva might fancy him if his up for the task ahead?
I would think we are looking at close to 10 if not more as Silva says a few more hopefully coming in?

Andy S

Any chance of writing so we can understand?

filham

I really think it is time some were moved on , surely we are never going to use all of those center backs.
Sounds as though Silva may wish to give Seri a try and he could possibly provide back up for Cairney with his dodgy knee.

Classic94

A few players should be cleared out.

Fabri - Not needed with Rodak and Gazzaniga on the books. The 3rd GK slot can be filled by a youngster.

Odoi - Brilliant servant but surplus to requirements.

MLM - We have far too many CBs and he's the weakest of them.

Seri - There's a slim chance he stays but, if possible, I'd rather we moved his wages on.

AK, Knockaert or Kebano - I'd think about replacing one of these now. None are good enough if we were promoted.

We Are Premier League

I don't think many will leave given the long season and the risk of losing players to covid; Kamara, Zambo, one CB, one FB, Fabri, that's probably about it.

JackHamlet90

For me we should be trying to move on people not probably good enough for Prem so we don't need such a huge clear out if we go up again but obviously it's also a long season so for me

Loans

Jerome Opoku
Marlon Fossey
Tyrese Francois
Sylvester Jasper

Sold

Fabri
Cyrus Christie
Max Le Marchand
Denis Odoi
Jean Michael Seri
Abou Kamara

Leaving a squad of

Rodak , Gazzaniga
Tete , Sessegnon
Tosin , Ream , Mawson , Hector & Kongolo
Robinson , Bryan
Reed , Anguissa , Grimes , Onomah
Cairney , BDR , Carvalho
Cavaleiro , Wilson , Knockeart , Kebano
Mitrovic

That's 23 as it looks like Grimes may be a possibility.
That's a big squad even after trimming down. Back up striker would be only other addition & I would be very happy with that side

ianthailand

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on July 25, 2021, 09:25:06 PM
For me we should be trying to move on people not probably good enough for Prem so we don't need such a huge clear out if we go up again but obviously it's also a long season so for me

Loans

Jerome Opoku
Marlon Fossey
Tyrese Francois
Sylvester Jasper

Sold

Fabri
Cyrus Christie
Max Le Marchand
Denis Odoi
Jean Michael Seri
Abou Kamara

Leaving a squad of

Rodak , Gazzaniga
Tete , Sessegnon
Robinson , Bryan
Cairney , BDR , Carvalho
Mitrovic

That's a big squad even after trimming down. Back up striker would be only other addition & I would be very happy with that side
Only problem i see is Sess - Very injury prone. Would keep Christie if financially viable.

St Eve

Quote from: Andy S on July 25, 2021, 07:14:14 PM
About to post the same thing. What language was that

Classic94

This is ideally what I'd like to see which is similar to a few posted already:

I'd loan out Fossey, Opoku and Jasper. Possibly Francois and Stansfield too if they're not getting game time. My ST choice would be Siriki Dembele. He could cover/partner Mitrovic, but can also play out wide.

Rodak, Gazzaniga, Ashby-Hammond

Tete, Christie, Sessegnon

Tosin, Kongolo, Hector, Mawson, Ream

Robinson, Bryan

Reed, Zambo, Grimes, Onomah, Francois

Cairney, BDR, Carvalho

Wilson, Knockaert, Cavaleiro, Kebano

Mitrovic, ST, Stansfield

cookieg

Quote from: St Eve on July 26, 2021, 12:05:56 PM
Quote from: Andy S on July 25, 2021, 07:14:14 PM
About to post the same thing. What language was that

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Nick Bateman

I would loan out Seri as his work rate is rubbish and he is virtually invisible apart from giving the ball away when he plays.

One feels some fans on here constantly derriding Dennis Odoi. Odoi always wears his heart on his sleeve and for a vertically-challenged defender is an excellent centre-back to boot! He is prone to the odd mistake but he more than makes up for it by his many tackles and general defensive solidity. Odoi, like Joe Bryan I would have in my first team.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Lordedmundo

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on July 25, 2021, 09:25:06 PM

Loans

Jerome Opoku
Marlon Fossey
Tyrese Francois
Sylvester Jasper

Sold

Fabri
Cyrus Christie
Max Le Marchand
Denis Odoi
Jean Michael Seri
Abou Kamara

Leaving a squad of

Rodak , Gazzaniga
Tete , Sessegnon
Robinson , Bryan
Cairney , BDR , Carvalho
Mitrovic

Agree on the squad and outgoings, although I would be tempted to keep Odoi as cover - especially given that Mawson, Kongolo and also Sess appear to be very injury prone!

My only slight concern is scoring goals. We again seem to be almost totally reliant on Mitro to score 20+ again. This means that Reid, Wilson, Cavaleiro and Carvalho will need to chip in - as we have literally zero goal threat in midfield if Cairney again misses a lot of games.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 26, 2021, 02:30:07 PM
I would loan out Seri as his work rate is rubbish and he is virtually invisible apart from giving the ball away when he plays.

If we are planning to sell Rodak and Tom Cairney due to FFP, then keeping Fabri and Seri makes sense.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 27, 2021, 07:22:51 AM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 26, 2021, 02:30:07 PM

If we are planning to sell Rodak and Tom Cairney due to FFP, then keeping Fabri and Seri makes sense.

Off load both these lightweights Seri and Fabri they don't punch their weight and both a waste of wages.
If Seri stood on Fabris shoulders he would still be less than 6ft.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FulhamStu

We are over populated at centre back and wide attacking.  We also have many players who can play the 10.

My list of potential loans or to sell would be:

MLM
Fabri
Sess
Seri
Odoi
Christie
Knockaert
Onomah
Hector
Fossey
Jasper
Kamara
Kebano

The younger player would be loans and the older players sell if we can manage under FFP, it may not be possible to sell MLM or Seri unless you could get a lot of money for them which seems very unlikely, same could be true for Hector and Fabri.

Statto

Only two scenarios I want to be loaning people out are

(a) players like Anguissa who probably don't want to play in the Championship but could come back and do a job for us if/when we get back into the PL

(b) young, developing players who aren't good enough for the first team yet

Otherwise, let's just sell them and get them off the books properly. Could see any/most of the following being let go...

Fabri, MLM, Kongolo, Mawson, Christie, Odoi, Kebano, Knockaert, Onomah, Seri     

FulhamStu

Quote from: Statto on July 27, 2021, 09:39:40 AM

(a) players like Anguissa who probably don't want to play in the Championship but could come back and do a job for us if/when we get back into the PL

Otherwise, let's just sell them and get them off the books properly. Could see any/most of the following being let go...

I could not disagree more.  You don't offload your best players unless you have/need too.  How do you know Anguissa does not want to play in the championship.  Yes, Mawson and Kongolo have had very bad luck with injuries however they are both potentially top quality and could play in the Premier, it's entirely possible they will / have recovered from injury and be huge this coming season.  Finally if you listen to T's explanation of FFP, then you will learn that selling players before the end of their contracts that you have paid a lot of money for will cost you possible transfer embargo and fines not to mention points deduction.  Selling Anguissa, Seri, MLM and Mawson could be suicide unless you got a lot of money for them.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: FulhamStu on July 27, 2021, 10:43:56 AM
Quote from: Statto on July 27, 2021, 09:39:40 AM

I could not disagree more.  You don't offload your best players unless you have/need too.  How do you know Anguissa does not want to play in the championship.  Yes, Mawson and Kongolo have had very bad luck with injuries however they are both potentially top quality and could play in the Premier, it's entirely possible they will / have recovered from injury and be huge this coming season.  Finally if you listen to T's explanation of FFP, then you will learn that selling players before the end of their contracts that you have paid a lot of money for will cost you possible transfer embargo and fines not to mention points deduction.  Selling Anguissa, Seri, MLM and Mawson could be suicide unless you got a lot of money for them.

To be honest I think it is reasonable to assume that Anguissa does not want to play in the Championship - as he didn't last time we were relegated. Aside from Mitro he is literally the only player we would be able to sell for £15m plus and it would be a worthwhile sacrifice if the money is used to bring in a player who provides more goals and assists.

However, I go agree that from an FFP perspective - it would be a bad idea selling Seri, Mawson and Le Marchand, as the club will not get anywhere close to what was paid for them. It would be nice to think that Mawson can play in the Premier League, but it would be a real stretch when you consider he has never once looked fully fit when playing for us and has suffered a serious knee injury in each of the last three seasons!