watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just been watching Boa Morte on the ofal

Started by Andy S, July 28, 2021, 11:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

And what a skilful player in his prime. We signed him from Arsenal on loan and bought him the following year.  I think by the time we sold him to West Ham he had just gone past his best. But what a player he was for us

AJW48361

MikeTheCubed

Not sure we've had a player who's struck fear in to opposition defences as much as Boa in the time since he left. Dembele perhaps comes closest but for us it was short-lived. Aluko on his day perhaps but too infrequent.

Fernhurst

There was a period if either Boa or Steed was missing from the line up we lost.
Fabulous pairing.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Whitestone

Quote from: Andy S on July 28, 2021, 11:56:56 PM
And what a skilful player in his prime. We signed him from Arsenal on loan and bought him the following year.  I think by the time we sold him to West Ham he had just gone past his best. But what a player he was for us

We signed him from Southampton.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Damien Duff was on a par, but I get your sentiment. On his day, he was exceptional.

junior white

Quote from: Whitestone on July 29, 2021, 07:31:21 AM
Quote from: Andy S on July 28, 2021, 11:56:56 PM

We signed him from Southampton.
We did in deed on loan at first where he scored 20 or so goals in 46 games then permanently and he scored 30 or so goals in another 200 or so games

H4usuallysitting

Middlesexclub

He was at Arsenal before Southampton
and my Arsenal supporting boss said he wasn't up to it.
Couple of years later my boss came to the Cottage was so impressed with Boa and the team that he bought a season ticket at the Cottage and went to Arsenal  on alternate weeks.
Said Boas transformation was remarkable and you could see he loved the club.

filham

I expect Cav to be handcuffed and chained at the ankle to Boa every day for a week in training in the hope that Cav may just pick up a small amount of Boa's pace and attitude.

Blawarmy

Quote from: filham on July 29, 2021, 11:02:43 AM
I expect Cav to be handcuffed and chained at the ankle to Boa every day for a week in training in the hope that Cav may just pick up a small amount of Boa's pace and attitude.
Be nice If he can learn to finish like boa rather than constantly hit row z

Fulham 442

I just watched it too, fabulous.  And has been mentioned how good was Steed too?  Happy times!

Andy S

Dr Know

Quote from: filham on July 29, 2021, 11:02:43 AM
Attitude? Boa had an awful attitude, and as for his diving and spitting at opponents !

Ludlow Richard

Thought they could have found a better selection of goals. I was surprised (for example) to not see the goal v Watford away in the Tigana promotion season included in the 10.

Hatch007

So weird to see the terracing on the Hammy End