https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Disapointed

Started by ALG01, August 03, 2021, 09:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on August 03, 2021, 10:10:34 AM
Quote from: ALG01 on August 03, 2021, 09:58:52 AM
I have steared clear of posting for a while because people didn't want to hear whgat I was saying but the season is starting next weekend...

We were relegated in april
we had loads of time to take advantage of the situation
we didn't get a new manager until july and with just a few days to the new season have brought in just two players.

we still have no proper back up for mitro

This is poor by any standard.

We may go on and win the league and be undefeated and we will all be thrilled, but it will be luck rather than good judgment.
I have no oidea what will happen... the squad looks OK on paper but the same problems exist as when slav took over. If Silva is a magician it may be OK but that remains to be seen.

I am so disapointed that no lewssons seem to have been learned and we are carrying on as usual just with a new manager.

I disagree with this, the back up striker is in the pipeline, it's just being held up by Covid. Another CM is hopefully on the way in with Grimes. We were obviously at a slight disadvantage by how late Silva came in, but there are signs that the manager is heavily involved in the recruitment

Exactly so, you hit the nail on the head. A disadvantage at the late arrival of the manager meaning pre season had started. we are told there is a young brazilian that nobody has seen in the flesh (if I have read the comments correctly, please advise if I have that wrong) on his way but not confirmed AND Grimes, another that is not confirmed. These guys shoulkd have been here 1st July.

Season starts Sunday and we were relegated in April and still messing about. I wan twhat is best, I am not sure that is what is happening.

ALG01

Quote from: grandad on August 03, 2021, 12:45:43 PM
I am disappointed that there are still the usual negative posters before the season has started & before the window has closed. Give the manager, players & recruitment team your support or stump up the money to buy out the Khans & see if you can do a better job.

Oh dear. Are you sure?
relegated in April and still not got a proper squad less than a week before the season starts.
I am suprised you think that is a satisfactory state of affairs.

if we do well brilliant but we are still where we were when slav was complaining. We surely have toi be better than this.

They have my money for  a ST as usual, I will still have  ST long after the owner sells the club. I am entiled to be disapointed.

If I had the money I would do a better job, but funds are bit limted currently.

Statto

One thing that has clearly not happened in good time is the appointment of a new Head of Scouting

KingofCheese

There was a facinating Podcast by Fulham Focus where the FFP was described and explained. If you understand this you would understand better why it is more difficult to just bring in players than you may think.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Deeping_white

Quote from: ALG01 on August 03, 2021, 01:21:38 PM
I have steared clear of posting for a while because people didn't want to hear whgat I was saying but the season is starting next weekend...

we didn't get a new manager until july and with just a few days to the new season have brought in just two players.

We may go on and win the league and be undefeated and we will all be thrilled, but it will be luck rather than good judgment.
I have no oidea what will happen... the squad looks OK on paper but the same problems exist as when slav took over. If Silva is a magician it may be OK but that remains to be seen.

I am so disapointed that no lewssons seem to have been learned and we are carrying on as usual just with a new manager.

I disagree with this, the back up striker is in the pipeline, it's just being held up by Covid. Another CM is hopefully on the way in with Grimes. We were obviously at a slight disadvantage by how late Silva came in, but there are signs that the manager is heavily involved in the recruitment

Exactly so, you hit the nail on the head. A disadvantage at the late arrival of the manager meaning pre season had started. we are told there is a young brazilian that nobody has seen in the flesh (if I have read the comments correctly, please advise if I have that wrong) on his way but not confirmed AND Grimes, another that is not confirmed. These guys shoulkd have been here 1st July.

Season starts Sunday and we were relegated in April and still messing about. I wan twhat is best, I am not sure that is what is happening.

Do you understand how negotiations work for transfers or do you just assume that if Fulham want a player, the team he plays for are obligated to sell him to us as soon as we make contact? We're currently a bigger club than most in England (in terms of wealth and position in the footballing pyramid) and we need players of certain quality to get us back to the PL - those players are likely to cost more money, and/or be in demand because other teams at the bottom of the PL who want to consolidate, or teams at the top of the championship who want to get promoted are interested in them as well. It's not like Ali Mac rings up Swansea and goes "alright lads I'm buying Grimes off you for £3m, I'll send the paperwork over in 5 mins so can you have him down at Motspur for his medical at 09:00 tomorrow and you're not allowed to say no, AND he's got no choice about it either even though Brigton and Watford are interested in him and they're in the league above us". You've ignored the point about Wilson made by other posters (deliberately I'm sure because it disproves your rant) because we physically couldn't have signed him any sooner as he was on holiday after international duty. If you actually go and listen to him talk in his first FFC interview, he basically says that we were trying to get him to sign for us when he was on holiday so how much sooner are we meant to have bought him?

70sPimlico

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 03, 2021, 02:05:09 PM

Do you understand how negotiations work for transfers or do you just assume that if Fulham want a player, the team he plays for are obligated to sell him to us as soon as we make contact? We're currently a bigger club than most in England (in terms of wealth and position in the footballing pyramid) and we need players of certain quality to get us back to the PL - those players are likely to cost more money, and/or be in demand because other teams at the bottom of the PL who want to consolidate, or teams at the top of the championship who want to get promoted are interested in them as well. It's not like Ali Mac rings up Swansea and goes "alright lads I'm buying Grimes off you for £3m, I'll send the paperwork over in 5 mins so can you have him down at Motspur for his medical at 09:00 tomorrow and you're not allowed to say no, AND he's got no choice about it either even though Brigton and Watford are interested in him and they're in the league above us". You've ignored the point about Wilson made by other posters (deliberately I'm sure because it disproves your rant) because we physically couldn't have signed him any sooner as he was on holiday after international duty. If you actually go and listen to him talk in his first FFC interview, he basically says that we were trying to get him to sign for us when he was on holiday so how much sooner are we meant to have bought him?

Nearing the end of the transfer window we will lose some of our players to other teams. Those teams want our players right now. However, right now, we can play hard ball and ask top dollar. When they make a lower offer, we will reject it. Come to the last week of the window, we will get a bit jittery and by the last few days, these clubs will come in and offer much less than they would offer now. Unfortunately, we won't be in a strong negotiating position and the other clubs will get our players for considerably less than they would pay now. Those other clubs will feel rightly quite smug that they got a good deal.

In simple terms, right now it is a sellers market. In about 3 weeks it will be a buyers market.

But of course at Fulham, the rule is...It's Tony Khan's fault. He doesn't really post about us anymore because he gets pretty low dogs abuse

sunburywhite

I am disappointed you didnt keep on staying clear of posting
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Hatch007

Quote from: sunburywhite on August 03, 2021, 02:36:07 PM
:plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

simplyfulham

In fairness, whether you agree with the board decisions or not, it does seem like they had no intention of getting a new manager in.

That does seem to be a decision that was forced on them when Parker made it clear he wanted to leave. If it was our decision to replace him then I would completely go along with your interpretation of our preseason planning (or lack of).

Somerset Fulham

Thats harsh. You may not agree and he may have a bee in his bonnet but there's no really need for that, SW.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 03, 2021, 03:30:57 PM

Thats harsh. You may not agree and he may have a bee in his bonnet but there's no really need for that, SW.

Somerset, he has his opinion, I have mine. Most of his posts are knocking the club or players.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Somerset Fulham

I get that, I really do. But if you drive everybody away from a message board that doesn't agree with you (one), then you don't end up with much left.

Whitesideup

I don't know at what stage Fulham knew Parker was definitely leaving so it's hard to comment on timing of his replacement. But I was pleased it was Silva rather than some of the other names being mentioned.

Lighthouse makes a valid point. We as supporters think we should be signing top players, but easier said than done, even if we can convince them that Fulham is their destination of choice.

But the squad as it stands is reasonably strong. I think the players are technically good enough to put us in contention, but there's more to it than that: organization, tactical nous, and commitment. The manager has to be responsible for the first two, but only the players can lend the third. We need the likes of Tosin, Anguissa, Wilson, and Mitro to be determined to show they have the quality of Premier League players in attitude as well as technique.

Statto

Quote from: 70sPimlico on August 03, 2021, 02:16:48 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on August 03, 2021, 02:05:09 PM

Nearing the end of the transfer window we will lose some of our players to other teams. Those teams want our players right now. However, right now, we can play hard ball and ask top dollar. When they make a lower offer, we will reject it. Come to the last week of the window, we will get a bit jittery and by the last few days, these clubs will come in and offer much less than they would offer now. Unfortunately, we won't be in a strong negotiating position and the other clubs will get our players for considerably less than they would pay now. Those other clubs will feel rightly quite smug that they got a good deal.

In simple terms, right now it is a sellers market. In about 3 weeks it will be a buyers market.

But of course at Fulham, the rule is...It's Tony Khan's fault. He doesn't really post about us anymore because he gets pretty low dogs abuse

As I said up the thread I don't think the OP's complaint is justified.

But I don't really buy these "you don't realise how complicated transfers are" arguments either.

It's just as complicated for every club and yet generally, we do our business later than most other clubs. So it can't just be attributed to the nature of transfers or the market.

As for it being a buyers' market at the end of the window, well you could easily argue the opposite - if you go into the final days of the window desperate to sign a striker, your bargaining position is just as week as someone desperately looking to offload one.

Lyle from Hangeland

If we win the league or win the league and go undefeated, that's down to luck? It's really down to money, but sure you can complain it wasn't spent perfectly to win the league more perfectly like you would have, if you were calling the shots perfectly.

Colton F.C.

Very happy with the new manager, the signings and the spotlight on youth.

Disappointed that so far that Fabri, FZA, Cavaleiro, Mawson, Seri, Knock, and MLM have not been shown the door and thanked for their services.