News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How long do you have to support fulham before you can be considered a "Real" fan

Started by KingofCheese, August 02, 2021, 01:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 02, 2021, 01:55:48 PM
Well I'm on 70 years,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that'll do

Me plus that Fernhurst so a new qualifying level for the "youngsters."

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

When you can answer "craven cottage changing ends at half time depending on which way we're shooting" when rival's shout "where were you when you were sh1t".

Milo

Time is irrelevant due to different ages etc.

However I think loyalty and regular commitment despite results is key.

The Rational Fan

If you step into Craven Cottage and know you will never support any other team as much even if FFC end up in League Two, then I think even if it's your first time at the cottage then you are a true fan.

By comparison, I know many ManU fans that have followed them since 1991 and ready to leave after coming 2nd if they don't get a trophy soon.

No length of time matters, but everyone that supporter Fulham in the late eighties and early nineties is almost certainty a true fan, anyone else may or may not be.

Southdowns White

Unless your ashes are on the pitch you are only a fair-weather supporter!

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Lighthouse

There is always snobbery in the weirdest places. Even in listening to bands. It goes back since man first came upon the Earth and sait my snake is bigger than yours and I bet I can find a better apple.

I never understand it. My Dad was a Fulham supporter. I have been a supporter all my life. My family were fans. But that doesn't make me better than a kid going to his first match. Yes I have been to more games and can remember Haynes and Barrett and Cohen and Conway. However that counts for sod all. If you a fan then welcome and enjoy.

The only time I object is when fans scuttle from one club to the next.

We have too much snobbery in music and sport and many other things that cannot be mentioned. Sometimes reversed snobbery.

We are all going to end up in the same place. Just enjoy others who share the same enthusiasm for what you enjoy. Even if nobody enjoys my interest in thigh boots filled with custard. I am no snob about being the only one.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope