Started by AnOldBrownie, August 03, 2021, 03:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

perry geyton

Quote from: Penfold on August 03, 2021, 09:23:27 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on August 03, 2021, 08:17:36 AM
I've always rated him, the haters take the obvious view and slag him off because they don't have the vision to see his potentialĀ  but that season under Slav he was brilliant, by far the fastest player, some of his runs were outrageous, he also gets slated for his first touch but I've seen some sublimeĀ  touches from him
A good manager I believe could absolutely get the best out of him...

I hope he gets his chance and makes the haters eat their words
The QPR game for example

Bags & Bags of potential

I never get this talk of potential. Some people speak as if he's 18/19 whereas he's not much younger than Mitro.

Yeah well he certainly looks like he's in better shape thenĀ  Mitro at the moment and can sprint at twice the speed

Frackleheath

I think that if Silva was going to use him, he would have brought him on last Saturday, instead of letting him trot up and down the touchline with Seri.

joef

I've wished him to come good for the last few seasons but sadly have given up on him.

The moment for me came against Wolves last season when he missed that open goal - no composure, no accuracy, no goal. That was when I gave up on him, enough's enough. He's fast and that's about it.

I'd trade half the speed for a better finisher.

Penfold

Quote from: perry geyton on August 03, 2021, 04:15:48 PM
I've always rated him, the haters take the obvious view and slag him off because they don't have the vision to see his potentialĀ  but that season under Slav he was brilliant, by far the fastest player, some of his runs were outrageous, he also gets slated for his first touch but I've seen some sublimeĀ  touches from him

The QPR game for example

Bags & Bags of potential

I never get this talk of potential. Some people speak as if he's 18/19 whereas he's not much younger than Mitro.

Yeah well he certainly looks like he's in better shape thenĀ  Mitro at the moment and can sprint at twice the speed

Smart a*se.

When I talk about potential I talk about a player developing into a far better player than they are at present. Kamara should be hitting his peak as a player.

As for the snide comments about Mitrovic - if he hung up his boots tomorrow he's probably achieved for than AK ever will.

perry geyton

Quote from: Penfold on August 03, 2021, 04:48:43 PM

The QPR game for example

Bags & Bags of potential

Smart a*se.

When I talk about potential I talk about a player developing into a far better player than they are at present. Kamara should be hitting his peak as a player.

As for the snide comments about Mitrovic - if he hung up his boots tomorrow he's probably achieved for than AK ever will.

?
Wasn't snide at all Mitrovic as mentioned by quite a few on here,Ā  looked well out of sorts against Charlton, continuing on from last season,Ā  just stating the fact, I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings Penfold

WindyCity

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 03, 2021, 03:13:57 AM
Opinions?

I've always liked AK.Ā  Strong, pacy, vertical mostly.Ā  I know he finds himself in disfavor in this forum, but I still like to see him on the pitch and feel he can tickle the twine on occasion.Ā  Might not be a starter, but can add late in the game.....

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Colton F.C.

Being regarded as a back up striker/last ten minutes substitute is part of the problem.Ā  Is anyone suggesting that AK is a less effective forward than Fonte, SchĆ¼rrle, Vieto, Knockhaert, Cavalero, or Lockman? Previous posts suggest that his scoring rate is equivalent to at least 15 goals a season.Ā  That is good enough for a start alongside Mitro.Ā  What is required is consistent game time and the performance and goals will flow.

Can I remind those that have forgotten of THAT cross in the dying seconds against Swansea.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Colton F.C. on August 03, 2021, 05:57:34 PM
Being regarded as a back up striker/last ten minutes substitute is part of the problem.Ā  Is anyone suggesting that AK is a less effective forward than Fonte, SchĆ¼rrle, Vieto, Knockhaert, Cavalero, or Lockman? Previous posts suggest that his scoring rate is equivalent to at least 15 goals a season.Ā  That is good enough for a start alongside Mitro.Ā  What is required is consistent game time and the performance and goals will flow.

Can I remind those that have forgotten of THAT cross in the dying seconds against Swansea.

Good point Colton.
I love forwards with pace.
AK certainly has his minus points, but as a sub with 20 mins + to go he has been pretty effective.
Having said that if the Ā£4m offer was repeated, because of ffp it might be wise to take it.

Ruislip White

Quote from: JimmyConway on August 03, 2021, 07:11:24 AM
Composure - No
Technique - No
Creativity - No
Speed - Yes
Precision - No
Intelligence - No
Vision - No
Confidence - Yes
Power - Yes
Team Ethic - No

Is that fair?
Spot on.

Penfold

Quote from: perry geyton on August 03, 2021, 05:18:54 PM
Quote from: Penfold on August 03, 2021, 04:48:43 PM

The QPR game for example

Bags & Bags of potential

Smart a*se.

?
Wasn't snide at all Mitrovic as mentioned by quite a few on here,Ā  looked well out of sorts against Charlton, continuing on from last season,Ā  just stating the fact, I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings Penfold

No problem šŸ»

perry geyton

Quote from: Colton F.C. on August 03, 2021, 05:57:34 PM

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Also not forgetting the performances he put in in the play offs under Slav

Such an exciting player to watch, a real live wire, I hope Marco has a soft spot for him

Andy S

I think some of the replies on here are easy to make on a message board and you would never make them to the guys face.Ak47 played a part in our promotion to the prem. He deserves another chance to see if he can do it again. He has attributes that other players do not so let's not be afraid to stick by him and Mitro to see how it goes

MikeTheCubed

I mentioned this in a similar thread a short while ago but neglected to give specific details. Statistics for league games in our last Championship season (not including playoff games):

Knockaert
949 minutes per goal. 570 minutes per assist.

Cavaleiro
507 minutes per goal. 435 minutes per assist.

Reid
489 minutes per goal. 734 minutes per assist.

Kamara
226 minutes per goal. 226 minutes per assist.

-------------

Even more remarkable given that 17 of Kamara's 25 appearances that season were from the bench.

The rumoured fee Fulham paid for Kamara is also approximately half of the rumoured fee for the other 3.

spoonffc

He might be key to bringing the best out of Zambo, I feel zambo was noticeably better last season whilst AK was still around the group, reckon they're close

perry geyton

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on August 03, 2021, 10:59:29 PM
I mentioned this in a similar thread a short while ago but neglected to give specific details. Statistics for league games in our last Championship season (not including playoff games):

Knockaert

Cavaleiro

Reid

Kamara

-------------

Even more remarkable given that 17 of Kamara's 25 appearances that season were from the bench.

The rumoured fee Fulham paid for Kamara is also approximately half of the rumoured fee for the other 3.

Well there you have it then
Game, set & match !!!

H4usuallysitting

I like him, but isn't he off too Greece

MikeTheCubed

Perhaps not off to Greeze after all, or delighted to be leaving.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on August 03, 2021, 10:59:29 PM

Knockaert

Cavaleiro

Reid

Kamara

-------------

Thanks for this.Ā  Ā I started this thread because of how he performed in the 17/18 season.Ā  The stats help me feel sane about my idea that he can contribute for us this season.