watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MSN News

Started by shepperton white, August 05, 2021, 04:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shepperton white

Have an interesting item about Ricky Heppolite - remember him? He's the guy who scored the only goal when PNE beat us and got promoted the old 2nd div. as champions  If I remember correctly we went up as runners up.  Was at the game and I believe it was a bumper crowd at the old cottage

bog

Yes I will never forget that name. I was there along with about 20,000 others. A day rich in disappointment.  :016:

092.gif 

Cambridge Pete

Gosh that was a long time ago. Girlfriend and I hitched up from Brighton.  Made her walk about five miles and she still married me a few years later. We did everything but score

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: shepperton white on August 05, 2021, 04:04:40 PM
Have an interesting item about Ricky Heppolite - remember him? He's the guy who scored the only goal when PNE beat us and got promoted the old 2nd div. as champions  If I remember correctly we went up as runners up.  Was at the game and I believe it was a bumper crowd at the old cottage
Diving header at the Hammy End, broke my 8 year old heart

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on August 05, 2021, 04:18:17 PM
Yes I will never forget that name. I was there along with about 20,000 others. A day rich in disappointment.  :016:

092.gif 

Yes, I was there also Captain we
Would have clinched top spot if we had won, so disappointed.
If my memory is correct they still had to win two games in hand to get the title .......Typically Fulham luck - they did win the league and we were second.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 05, 2021, 06:52:01 PM
Quote from: bog on August 05, 2021, 04:18:17 PM

092.gif 

Yes, I was there also Captain we
Would have clinched top spot if we had won, so disappointed.
If my memory is correct they still had to win two games in hand to get the title .......Typically Fulham luck - they did win the league and we were second.
I thought it was one game, Swindon rings a bell