watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where will we finish this season

Started by Ludlow Richard, August 07, 2021, 10:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

Less than 24 hours before we start our season, what is your gut instinct about where we will finish? I am thinking 3rd and the playoffs again.

Dunstable Fulham

filham

Right now we really don't know what our team for the season is going to look like, lets make a judgement in September.

FFC1987

Hearts saying top. Heads saying........6th.

Woolly Mammoth

At this stage of proceedings without the hindsight of knowing who is going out who is coming in and who is staying and also how the manager will operate.
So I am going to be neither positive nor negative, I am going to be realistic which is the best one out of the three.
So somewhere between first and eighth.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

If you ask me to predict based on the current squad; 6th. If we strengthen slightly; 2nd.

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

General

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 07, 2021, 11:24:25 PM
At this stage of proceedings without the hindsight of knowing who is going out who is coming in and who is staying and also how the manager will operate.
So I am going to be neither positive nor negative, I am going to be realistic which is the best one out of the three.
So somewhere between first and eighth.

Like this thinking and agree. We simply can't judge or know how we'll do. The window isn't closed. We've not seen how we've done in pre season aside from against a lower league Charlton and if we're being honest have no idea how Silva will deal with the championship. We also don't know if players will turn up. It's quite clear that Parker, based on player interviews, Khan interviews and the rest that Parker actually needed to leave, not pushed or walked, but he had clearly started to grate on the squad/annoying them and observant people thought it needed to happen. Parker has tried to paint over it, but players have implied We should've stayed up, mitro should've been played more and there were odd decisions that ultimately as we went up divided the players who've been around longer.

That's fine in many ways, but it depends on how the squad react and how Silva manages them. We've the squad currently to go straight back up (+/-2 signings), but the championship is intense and requires commitment, focus and proper management.

Silva plays attacking football. Will our squad react well to that or will our tactics fundamentally leave us too open at the back,  or will an emotionally more diverse and intelligent manager like Silva bring on board the squad and get them on the same page.

We should be in the premiership.  We've got a squad who know this league, know what it takes and can get promoted.. so 1st to 8th seems reasonable given all the variables.

The Rational Fan

with almost no injuries or sales: 100 points (1st)
with moderate injuries or sales: 90 points (2nd)
with many injuries or few sales: 80 points (4th)
with many long injuries or several sales: 70 points (7th)

Sgt Fulham

JackHamlet90

With the quality we have it simply has to be top 2

S.F.Sorrow

It's too soon, the transfer window is still open and we have no idea what the squad will look like when it closes. We still need a striker, a CM (two if Anguissa leaves) and a CB (unless Mawson or Kongolo suddenly can play 40 games but I don't believe in miracles). This is the minimum we will need for promotion IMO. We have lots of players that look great on paper but more than a few have either career ending injuries, don't want to be here, are past it, seem to have lost interest, are unproven youngsters or simply not good enough. If EVERYONE in our current squad was match fit and 100% motivated we could win this league but sadly that's just fantasy at the moment.

Riversider

2nd or 3rd with Sheff Utd as Champions
Fulham, Sheff Utd,  Bournemouth all need to sell players to give them the money to transition in to the side that their managers want, so expect to see the likes of Anguissa,  Robinson,  Danjuma, Billing, Ramsdale and Berg go, then it's all down to what Silva, Parker and Jokanovic do with the money.

WokingFFC

Champions by 12 points, promoted at Easter & Easter eggs tasting that little bit sweeter next year for us all!!!

Barrett487

If we start the season with good results i could see us gaining automatic promotion, which would be amazing seeing as we don't have any loan players. With a slow start i think we'll sneak in to the play-offs.

blingo

1st and with record points mitro 30+ goals this season if injury free.
I've seen nothing in the three championship games I've watched to make me think differently

MartyFFC

Top, 102 points with 88 goals scored. Mitrovic with the golden boot 👊🏻

I Ronic

Wingnut

Expect us to challenge for automatic promotion. Will be really disappointed if we finish outside the top six.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.