more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Carvalho

Started by ffc_forever, August 08, 2021, 08:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc_forever

According to the Sun.... yes I know

Carvalho is refusing to sign a new deal. Hope he's just negotiating better terms rather than wanting out.

JimOG

bog

Nice to read that at the start of a new season. Not.

092.gif

KJS

If true then I doubt he will be in today's squad

FFCFOREVER

Shame if he dont sign a new deal. Hopefully he is being advised properly. He is a real prospect

grandad

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on August 08, 2021, 09:18:48 AM
Shame if he dont sign a new deal. Hopefully he is being advised properly. He is a real prospect

The only advice he is probably getting is from his agent pleading poverty & wants a big fee. This smells like all our other kids who think the grass is greener. Would be another ruined career if he left.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: grandad on August 08, 2021, 09:29:02 AM
Quote from: FFCFOREVER on August 08, 2021, 09:18:48 AM

The only advice he is probably getting is from his agent pleading poverty & wants a big fee. This smells like all our other kids who think the grass is greener. Would be another ruined career if he left.
Agreed

filham

Carvalho is not thinking straight. Can he not see the immediate opportunity he has at Fulham for a good championship season. McDonald and Stefjo gone, Anguissa could leave soon, Cairney injured and Reed becoming a sick note. There are chances for him this season, move to Spurs for instance and at best he will be loaned to a lower division club for a long period.

Dougie

This is shambolic from our MD yet again. The club needs to stop waiting until the last year of their contract to offer talented youngsters new deals.

Carvalho should have been offered a new deal a year ago. Dembele should've been offered a deal in the summer of 2014. Ryan Sessegnon should've been offered a new deal in the summer of 2018.

We are hurting ourselves financially in the long term for the short-term savings of not upping these players' wages for a year - though I bet what Carvalho would've signed on last year would be less than what he's turning down now.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: Dougie on August 08, 2021, 09:57:41 AM
This is shambolic from our MD yet again. The club needs to stop waiting until the last year of their contract to offer talented youngsters new deals.

Carvalho should have been offered a new deal a year ago. Dembele should've been offered a deal in the summer of 2014. Ryan Sessegnon should've been offered a new deal in the summer of 2018.

We are hurting ourselves financially in the long term for the short-term savings of not upping these players' wages for a year - though I bet what Carvalho would've signed on last year would be less than what he's turning down now.
Problem is, we dont know if the MD is to blame and I very much doubt he is. As said above, the agents are the real big players who sway a young man's mind.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Dougie on August 08, 2021, 09:57:41 AM

Fully agree with your post. The club has to start getting its act together.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

I wouldn't believe everything you read in a two bob excuse for a newspaper

Jeroen

It also says 'he declined the initial offer' and I can't blame him for that - under Parker youth didn't really get a chance and it seems to have been a toxic environment (at least not pleasant) so I can imagine he wants to see what Silva's plans are before committing to a long contract only for not to be played.

Once he started his first few games and still rejects contracts I will start with my 'ungrateful little so-and-so haha but you can't blame

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on August 08, 2021, 10:05:46 AM
I wouldn't believe everything you read in a two bob excuse for a newspaper

I do not believe many newspapers Mr Blingo, however, I believe this report in the mail because Fulham have a pattern of losing academy players at this juncture and far too many slip the net, it is becoming a bad habit that has to be addressed. Agents are the carbuncle on the backside of Football and Clubs have to be one step ahead and cuter than any agent.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

mrmicawbers

Probably negotiating,it's how things work with agents these days unfortunately.

MikeTheCubed

May be worth noting that Carvalho only turned pro in May 2020 when he was 17, and that it is not possible to offer long term contracts to players until they are 18.

WestSussexWhite

So yes it's true he has rejected our first offer, however, he wants to see how much he plays first. He was offered lots of broken promises last season. I understand he still wants to stay, but he wants to wait until he's seen how much gametime he is getting. I wouldn't worry yet, I'll start worrying if no deal signed come January....

Sting of the North

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on August 08, 2021, 10:23:20 AM
May be worth noting that Carvalho only turned pro in May 2020 when he was 17, and that it is not possible to offer long term contracts to players until they are 18.

Don't let facts stop a good rant, people are getting into the slagging off nicely...

cookieg

If he refuses to sign a contract there isn't much the club can do about it. If the club have made a reasonable offer and maybe upped it and he still refuses then that's just the way it is. Hardly the fault of the club if his agent, parents, whoever are telling him he is a superstar and should be stupid money and are holding the club to ransom. If he can't see what has happened to all the other young players who thought they were bigger than the club and then disappeared once they left then he isn't getting good advice. He has an opportunity this season to show what he can do but if he decides against it that's up to him.

MikeTheCubed

I'd also imagine having a Portuguese manager & assistant would be a bonus for him, albeit trivial.