more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fully expect Mitro to get off to a flyer

Started by rebel, August 08, 2021, 10:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: perry geyton on August 08, 2021, 07:20:08 PM
How about that shot when it was an open goal and it came back to him ?
Zero composure and skied it way wide

What the "open goal" except the keeper and 3 other boro players in front of it... 30 yards out... awkward bouncing ball he met whilst sprinting... in that spell of torrential rain... that one?

Deeping_white

Quote from: Statto on August 08, 2021, 08:17:56 PM

What the "open goal" except the keeper and 3 other boro players in front of it... 30 yards out... awkward bouncing ball he met whilst sprinting... in that spell of torrential rain... that one?

+1 that was a very difficult chance considering he had to run onto it at full tilt and it would've taken a lobbed effort to beat all of the aforementioned players who were well placed to intercept anything that was goalbound. The best chance he had all game was taken off him by the shortest player on the pitch when he was perfectly placed to head it in

Twig

Agree, that was a very difficult half chance.

Twig

Quote from: Statto on August 08, 2021, 07:00:54 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 08, 2021, 06:31:35 PM
I wonder if those criticising him were at the game or saw it on TV?

I was at the game. My take was he had about 2-3 crosses in the 90 mins, one was naively stolen off his head by Kebano when Mitro was bound to have scored, another he put wide and probably should have done better. Overall he had very little service. We also don't really play off him like we used to under Jokanovic. He was man-marked all game which as others have said makes space for other players. Warnock, like every football fan apart from a few on this forum, knows he's by far our most dangerous player.

I watched it on TV and in terms of service saw exactly the same. So much for the live vs TV debate.

Riversider

Couldn't decide on the way home who was the worst today, Mitrovic or Kebano  ? Tough one to call, if we got an acceptable offer for either they would be gone,
Despite the unreserved adulation for Mitrovic in reality he isn't fit to lace the boots of Bobby Zamora,  Bobby offered so much more to the side.

3 Cherries

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 08, 2021, 06:34:46 PM

And how would that factor into it? Did Mitro play substantially better without a lens?

As they say: the camera never lies

Nero

Unless Mitro scores a hat trick every game think he should be publicly flogged

spikey norman

Quote from: Statto on August 08, 2021, 07:00:54 PM

I was at the game. My take was he had about 2-3 crosses in the 90 mins, one was naively stolen off his head by Kebano when Mitro was bound to have scored, another he put wide and probably should have done better. Overall he had very little service. We also don't really play off him like we used to under Jokanovic. He was man-marked all game which as others have said makes space for other players. Warnock, like every football fan apart from a few on this forum, knows he's by far our most dangerous player.
Agree with you Statto

perry geyton

L

He shoulda done a hell of a lot better then he did,  it was woefull, and he was hardly running at full speed

I want Mitro to come good trust me but somethings not right about him, that yellow card within 2 minutes for example
Defend all you like but that was attrocious

spikey norman

Quote from: perry geyton on August 08, 2021, 09:19:51 PM
L

He shoulda done a hell of a lot better then he did,  it was woefull, and he was hardly running at full speed

I want Mitro to come good trust me but somethings not right about him, that yellow card within 2 minutes for example
Defend all you like but that was attrocious
Neil Harris and Glen Murray the Sky pundits thought the yellow was harsh

Arthur

Quote from: Twig on August 08, 2021, 08:25:00 PM
Agree, that was a very difficult half chance.

It was a difficult chance for sure; one that needed an exceptional finish. But nor did it require a professional footballer to blaze the ball as high and wide as did Mitrovic. Even I could have done that.