watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A weak starting line up?

Started by General, August 08, 2021, 12:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Where are you all getting that Mitro is suddenly useless?? Again hardly a cross put towards him. I really can't believe some of the ridiculous comments on here after one game, which in all fairness, we should have won. None of the so called fancied teams won either, but we have an absolute moster on our hands with Harry Wilson and once the players fully adapt to Silva's style of play, there won't be many teams in the division that will beat us. I saw some great moves on the pitch today and all they need to do is put the final pieces of the jigsaw in place and we will have one hell of a team. COYW

Statto

Muniz and Grimes are must-do signings, without them we're play-off also rans IMO

Mitro was ineffective but again had little service and wasn't utilised properly in our build-up play

Hector instead of Tosin next week please.

grandad

Quote from: Statto on August 08, 2021, 05:07:24 PM
Muniz and Grimes are must-do signings, without them we're play-off also rans IMO

Mitro was ineffective but again had little service and wasn't utilised properly in our build-up play

WHAT !!! Tosin was huge today & together with a super Ream were in commanding form. If Hector tried to do the blocks Tosin did he would be out injured for the rest of the season.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Mitro has not become suddenly useless, he has not been firing on all cylinders for the best part of a year. Whose fault is that.
So any constructive criticism that blows his way is justified.
If on his performance today, if an 18 year old was making his debut, a lot of people will be saying it is far too early, he is not a good prospect, he needs to go back to the academy and learn his trade there, he should be loaned out to get experience.
But what also magnifies the issue is that he is not an 18 year old and this has been ongoing for a long time. So how long before he either comes through this one way or another or alternatives have to be considered.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

perry geyton

Yep the sooner we get that Brazilian in the better
I think he touched the ball about 5 times within the whole 90

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 08, 2021, 05:29:52 PM
Mitro has not become suddenly useless, he has not been firing on all cylinders for the best part of a year. Whose fault is that.
So any constructive criticism that blows his way is justified.
If on his performance today, if an 18 year old was making his debut, a lot of people will be saying it is far too early, he is not a good prospect, he needs to go back to the academy and learn his trade there, he should be loaned out to get experience.
But what also magnifies the issue is that he is not an 18 year old and this has been ongoing for a long time. So how long before he either comes through this one way or another or alternatives have to be considered.

I still can't figure out why Mitro's numbers are still so good internationally.   He hasn't been on 17/18 form since the end of 2019.   

He's a good distraction...but today I saw the Boro keeper make a 30 yard pass from his own box...where the ball rolled past Mitro, who was walking..and didn't make a move to intercept the pass...and 17/18 Mitro, or any of our other attacking players...would have gotten to the pass (which looked like a keeper error) and been in on goal.

He's not in game shape.  Hasn't been for awhile.

Edit: Watching Chris Hughton's Forest side.   They are going to press and attack our midfield.  We'll need to be better.

FFC1987

Blingo, Mitro had the service, he just didn't convert. He was off the pace today. Something he's been way too consistently of when wearing the shirt. We can't keep saying game after game when he's not played well, he does t get service. It's getting boring now.

LC

On Mitro, he is notorious for starting seasons slow, happens every season, he always picks up towards Christmas.

FFC1987

I honestly think Mitro needs some healthy competition now. He was sidelined for, let's face it, awful players last season. If a new striker comes in and hits the ground running, he'll have to up his game and step up or be left behind. Something he hasn't had with us. I've no idea why we haven't provided that already. Maja was a step forward I guess but no long term purchases of this kind has impacted us.

Twig

Why on earth would we bring in Hector, whose last show of form was shaky at best? Especially when Tosin and Ream did so well.

Twig

Quote from: LC on August 08, 2021, 05:48:42 PM
On Mitro, he is notorious for starting seasons slow, happens every season, he always picks up towards Christmas.

Not sure we can wait 4 months before Mitro starts knocking in a few!

Statto

Quote from: Twig on August 08, 2021, 06:31:55 PM

Why on earth would we bring in Hector, whose last show of form was shaky at best? Especially when Tosin and Ream did so well.

Hector's average performance level in a white shirt is better than Tosin's performace today. He's been poor for a while, dining out on those first 10-15 games with Anderson when he looked good. Personally don't think you can get a fag paper between the two of them overall so they should be rotated. That will keep them fresh and the competition will keep then focused.

Whitestone

Quote from: blingo on August 08, 2021, 04:59:10 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on August 08, 2021, 03:52:16 PM
Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on August 08, 2021, 01:22:33 PM
This is the Championship, a marathon not a sprint
A team which is a work in progress & being re built - with a new manager & his support team.
The transfer window still open with more set to leave & hopefully some to join.
Lets give them all a chance, changes (as results) will come very quickly.
Staring with another long unbeaten run would be great but unlikely to happen, just yet

So COYW!!

Well said!

+1

Completely agree with this. There's far too much negativity today considering it was only game day one.

It was wonderful to be back at the Cottage.

jayffc

No way I'd be messing with our CB's after a game where we kept the opposition to 1 attempt (albeit for their goal) Tosin did just fine, an important block made too in the second half and generally moved the ball around well enough. Hector has had a long string of bad performances for us towards the end of the last champ season and looked completely lost last time he played for us. That's not a droppable performance from Tosin, happy for that defence to start again - only player I'd consider switching would be Bryan in unless Robinson starts producing soon.

ashteadFFC

Quote from: Whitestone on August 08, 2021, 06:55:57 PM
Quote from: blingo on August 08, 2021, 04:59:10 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on August 08, 2021, 03:52:16 PM
Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on August 08, 2021, 01:22:33 PM
This is the Championship, a marathon not a sprint
A team which is a work in progress & being re built - with a new manager & his support team.
The transfer window still open with more set to leave & hopefully some to join.
Lets give them all a chance, changes (as results) will come very quickly.
Staring with another long unbeaten run would be great but unlikely to happen, just yet

So COYW!!

Well said!

+1

Completely agree with this. There's far too much negativity today considering it was only game day one.

It was wonderful to be back at the Cottage.

Completely agree. It is marathon not a sprint. Being at the cottage was great - some normality back to life...

Statto

Quote from: jayffc on August 08, 2021, 06:59:32 PM
No way I'd be messing with our CB's after a game where we kept the opposition to 1 attempt (albeit for their goal) Tosin did just fine, an important block made too in the second half and generally moved the ball around well enough. Hector has had a long string of bad performances for us towards the end of the last champ season and looked completely lost last time he played for us. That's not a droppable performance from Tosin, happy for that defence to start again - only player I'd consider switching would be Bryan in unless Robinson starts producing soon.

Hector's bad performances were the two games after lockdowm #1 and the first three games in the PL. That's it, abd they were all games when the whole team was poor. Tosin's no better and his distribution is woeful. Gave possession away about 5 times today. Hector was more comfortable in the main and had the ability to pick a great 30-40 yard pass like Anderson. I think the breaks in the 2019/20 season have led to some people totally forgetting much of that season, absolutely rewriting history, not just with Hector but, for example, forgetting Reed was average/injured for much of that season and that Mawson played half of it.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Statto on August 08, 2021, 07:10:30 PM
Quote from: jayffc on August 08, 2021, 06:59:32 PM

Hector's bad performances were the two games after lockdowm #1 and the first three games in the PL. That's it, abd they were all games when the whole team was poor. Tosin's no better and his distribution is woeful. Gave possession away about 5 times today. Hector was more comfortable in the main and had the ability to pick a great 30-40 yard pass like Anderson. I think the breaks in the 2019/20 season have led to some people totally forgetting much of that season, absolutely rewriting history, not just with Hector but, for example, forgetting Reed was average/injured for much of that season and that Mawson played half of it.

I'd started to think I was the only person that remembered how consistently above average Hector was for our side prior to lockdown.    Imo, on his day...at Championship level he can still put in an 8 out of 10.

Not saying I'd bench Tosin (I don't like playing musical chairs with CB partnerships), but I rate Hector as our 3rd best CB...and one I wouldn't mind seeing on the pitch.