more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Warnock post-match comments

Started by ChesterTheTabby, August 08, 2021, 05:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Boro boss Neil Warnock to BBC Tees:

"I can't praise the lads enough for some of the defending. I thought overall we did ever so well.

"It was a little bit disappointing at times in the first half but you've got to give Fulham credit - they have such a good squad and such a good team, I think they'll be one of the top teams in the Championship, if not the top team.

"We had to hang in there, which we did. I'm so proud of my lads. We can get better, yes, but to come here and get a good point on the first day, it's not bad.

"We couldn't risk starting Marcus [Tavernier] today - I'm amazed that he's fit. But he came on and he's so lively, he's such a good player and he's disappointed he didn't get a couple of goals."

He well knows that his side were second best and had to hang on.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

The Rock

Can't argue with that. I thought we are still finding our way. Once we do that and can get out of second gear these games will be won. Pretty sure he's over the moon to leave with a point.

The Old Count

Good ol' Colin. An honest appraisal.

Cornishnick

He forgot to mention what a rich club we are and how they only have a small budget.

FFC1987

He's such a panto villain. He knows they were fortunate today but that's the game plan isn't it. Keep within one goal and at least one chance will come. Shocker. It did.

bobby01

I wondered if Colin,Blackwell and the big gobby coach are in a "who can finish the season with the biggest belly " competition
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

rebel

We should dominate the Championship this season.

70sPimlico

You know what, football would be a worse place without him. He actually comes across as a really nice bloke. Until he crosses the white line. His foot soldiers aside him play the tag team with ref and 4th official to a tee.

I'd bloody hate him as our manager though

Statto

Quote from: The Old Count on August 08, 2021, 05:55:01 PM
Good ol' Colin. An honest appraisal.

Agreed, can't fault a word of that IMO.

Ronnief

I can't understand how the referee and the forth official put up with the gamemanship of Warnock and his team. His continuous harassing of the forth official should not be tolerated and he should be sent off.  His teams tactics are totally unsporting. Our referees have not taken on the european championship ideas and the lack of VAR in the Championship may undo us.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Ronnief on August 08, 2021, 07:13:24 PM
I can't understand how the referee and the forth official put up with the gamemanship of Warnock and his team. His continuous harassing of the forth official should not be tolerated and he should be sent off.  His teams tactics are totally unsporting. Our referees have not taken on the european championship ideas and the lack of VAR in the Championship may undo us.
Warnock harasses the officials all day every day,  always has, always will

Carborundum

Had his team exceptionally fit.  His assessment seems fair.  Strong manager and character. 

Fulham76

His 42nd season as a manager apparently. Not everyone's favourite but been around long enough - he knows what he's talking about.

Robbie

He is canny and he knows how to play us. 
Unfortunately so do many other managers in this league.

Andy S

Totally agree I think he is great and he stops people taking the game too seriously. And it's great when you put one over him

Fernhurst

Never thought I would miss VAR but we would've had a penalty no doubt.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.