watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joe Bryan

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 09, 2021, 10:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

I've been observing all the criticism of Robinson since Sunday and wondering whether I was watching the same player. IMO he's a nailed-on starter at this level and almost as good as Tete on the right. His pace is a massive asset both in recovery in defence, and going forward. He's strong in the tackle and his ball control is good. I agree his crossing is lacking but he's at an age where he can finesse that, and when he does he'll be a mid-table PL player. Fredericks was a similar player who couldn't cross (and IMO is actually a weaker player than Robinson overall) and yet he's now playing for a decent PL side. Personally I think we'll do well to hold on Robinson.

As for Bryan, I agree his left foot is an absolute wand and it would be nice to find a way to provide Mitro with that service. But I'm not sure he has enough going for him beyond that to play LW. I Just don't see him, for example, scoring a goal like that one Reid scored against Huddersfield a couple of years ago, which is why Reid would be my first choice there.

filham

Defensively I think Robinson is the weak link in our back four and I think that Bryan should establish himself as our first choice left back for the season.
Playing regularly a defense of:-                      Rodak/Gazz.
                                       Tete          Tosin                   Ream     Bryan
                                                                  Reed
will prove good enough for a promotion challenge, it is our attack and midfield that needs sorting.

Luka

Get a decent offer and for me Robinson would be history because just like with AK47, I see only athleticism not footballing prowess.
For me Joe is the better footballer, he just needs minutes to add confidence and to let his real talents shine through.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Luka on August 12, 2021, 10:45:18 AM

Get a decent offer and for me Robinson would be history, because just like with AK47, I only see athleticism not footballing prowess.
For me Joe is the better footballer, he just needs minutes to add confidence and to let his real talents shine through.

Exactly how I see it as well.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Matt10

Well, we have a game Saturday, then Tuesday, so hopefully Bryan will get a shot while Robinson recovers.

Carborundum

Statto's views on Robinson are shared by me.  Joe Bryan is also a fine player.  We don't appear to have a problem. If we do it's of the nice-to-have variety.

Watching 'Boro warm up, Carborundum Jnr and I contemplated their Goliath No.25 and pondered whether he was a centre forward or centre back.  We shouldn't have been so surprised to see him head out to the right wing at kick off - it's a Warnock team - but we were.  Antonee Robinson rendered him completely ineffective.  That will not have been easy. 

The other aspect about Robinson is that the Khan's actions suggest that come hell or high water we will have a USA International playing a prominent role.  Whether you adore Tim Ream, but recognise we must prepare for life without him, or hold him in slightly less esteem, Antonee Robinson seems part of a plan and hopefully is here to stay.

H4usuallysitting

To me, there's a place for both of them in the team.....he should of come on instead of Cav on Sunday

Twig

I think Robinson's defensive work was a bit disappointing last weekend (by his normal standards) and hence some criticism.  Some of our players will need a match or three to get fully up to speed so I think we need to have a little patience at this early stage of the season.

That said, it would be nice to see Bryan get his chance at some point.

MartyFFC

Prefer Bryan over Robinson all day long. I don't see the value in his bursting runs forward when you know he's almost certainly going to shank it into no-mans land. Bryan's delivery and composure is far superior

AnOldBrownie

Get a decent offer and for me Robinson would be history because just like with AK47, I see only athleticism not footballing prowess.
Have people completely erased our promotion season BEFORE the shutdown? Joe has had ample time to solidify the left back position...yet he hasn't.

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Yep. This.

Milo

I agree with suggestion of Bryan LW and Kebano off bench as impact sub in second half if needed.

Until we sign Muniz or whoever..

RaySmith

I thought I heard Silva say that Antonee was injured in the pre game interview, but I may have misheard because of his accent.

We are lucky to have Bryan  who can come in, though i do rate Robinson.
They both have their qualities.