watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joe Bryan

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 09, 2021, 10:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Knows the championship inside out, would he be more suited playing in front of Robinson - I like Kebano, but feel he would be more suited as an impact player..... yesterday after 60 minute's I'd have swapped Kebano for Bryan

Maidstone Lee

I would sooner swap Bryan for Robinson.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Andy S

Why Robinson had a very good game yesterday apart from a wayward pass back

Lordedmundo

I think Silva needs to find a place in the team for Bryan - as simple as that. He is one of the few players in the squad who can hit a good cross, has vision and also composure in front of goal.  I think his only weakness is lack of pace, which is why I would rather we played him on the left of a midfield three or the same position in a front three.

I'll be very frustrated if he does not get a chance in one of the next two games. Hopefully Silva did see how ineffective Kebano was in his extended period on the pitch and how disappointing the subs that he brought on were...

roberto w6

Totally agree. I feel we could have used him more last year too. I'm actually surprised he has stuck around

Would love to see him back in the side either at LB or LM.

Wilson looked left footed (from the Hammy End with my failing eyesight), mind you. So i think only a matter of time before we stop with inverted wingers and put him there if I'm right

LittleErn

It's worth a try; and not just for one match.

ashteadFFC

I think Bryan left midfield ahead of Robinson is a good shout. Bryan shows a lot composure when attacking and has good delivery. He is also not afraid to take a shot at goal.

LC

I can't understand why we don't play Bryan left midfield. I think he has a few goals in him as well, but aside from that, he has a great cross of the ball in him- Mitro will eat them up all day long.

The Rock

Quote from: LC on August 09, 2021, 04:29:27 PM
I can't understand why we don't play Bryan left midfield. I think he has a few goals in him as well, but aside from that, he has a great cross of the ball in him- Mitro will eat them up all day long.

Something must not work there. It seems to make perfect sense that if Robinson pushes up the wing Bryan can cover and vice-versa. It would seem a no brainer. But the staff/gaffer must see something in training to where it doesn't work, because I can barely recall them ever being on the pitch at the same time. Prob could count them on one hand.

MikeTheCubed

Imagine he could do a job in central midfield as well.

Nero

Just play him at LB, don't think Robinson even attempted a cross yesterday

Woolly Mammoth

One way or another Joe Bryan has to play, he deserves to be in the starting 11.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Matt10

I am a big fan of Bryan. His crossing is a skillset that many do not have. He does it with pace, swerve and accuracy. When I was right back in college, my coaches said crossing with that kind of pace was like a shot on goal that curves. Hard enough standing and running up, even harder while running down the sidelines. Along with his crossing, Bryan can strike the ball on frame, and he is very smart with where to place the ball.

All that said, one of my mates gave a good point about why Robinson is the logical choice for our system. We have two fairly slow defenders in Ream and Tosin, and someone needs to be able to get back with pace to help when those two are mismatched. That recovery run that Robinson has is too valuable. Even though his crossing is nothing near the quality of Bryan, I understand why managers would choose him over Joe.

My biggest scare is that we win or lose by one goal this year due to the lack of attacking quality from Robinson. He had one cross on Sunday, that was behind Mitro, but picked up by Wilson, who volleyed a strike on goal. Other than that, not much else. I believe he'll be the starter, so I'll back him. Much like others who prefer Bryan, I will still just hope Robinson gets his attacking act together.

FFC In Oz

Agree that Bryan should be in the side.

Should be starting at LB in my opinion with BDR in front of him.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: ashteadFFC on August 09, 2021, 03:31:11 PM
I think Bryan left midfield ahead of Robinson is a good shout. Bryan shows a lot composure when attacking and has good delivery. He is also not afraid to take a shot at goal.

Silva likes inverted wingers that get into the box, therefore I really doubt Bryan will play Left Mid

simplyfulham

Quote from: Matt10 on August 10, 2021, 02:10:03 AM
We have two fairly slow defenders in Ream and Tosin, and someone needs to be able to get back with pace to help when those two are mismatched.

Tosin is actually pretty quick though. He'll be one of the quicker CB's in the league.

Otherwise I sort of agree with your point about Robinson's recovery speed. It's a bit of a bonus.
Mind you it would be nice if he could just improve his defensive positioning so it wouldn't be required, but there you go.

toshes mate

In my view Robinson is one of those players still suffering from Parker's Disease and Kebano was stifled too many times as a consequence.   I am sure our new coach will be teasing out the best flank combinations and it could be that Bryan will be part of the best two.   It is a good puzzle for a coach to have.  Likewise on the right flank where there is a similar potential for mix and match.

The whole team was really quite different from last season despite all four defenders having been fairly regularly picked to start.  The ball was moved faster and with more risk and that takes time to bed in with players lacking confidence to play with freedom on match days.  Remember Jokanovic's quotes about bravery.  The youngsters enjoyed the freedom when others appeared less convincing.

Ream held the defence together really well on Sunday but there was hesitancy, indecision and poor tackling under pressure in the minutes leading up to the series of errors that led to 'Boro getting their goal.  Hopefully over the next half dozen games the freedom the new system offers will show up in much better understanding between the players occupying the flank positions.  We seem to concede a lot of goals in the last quarter of games under Parker and so it is a habit that our Head Coach needs to drive out and it'll take time.   

AnOldBrownie

I want Joe to start (until we get a better attacking left wing), but not at the expense of Antonee as our LB.

Sure, crossing is the weakest part of his game...ball control not that great... but his physical attributes are a plus on the left side.

And if Tim Ream gets fouled unnecessarily... we know Antonee has his back.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Robinson is so poor. Never been impressed by him if I'm honest. Seems you can make a career by being fast, he has.
No end product. Poor man's Theo Walcott basically.
Bryan in for him every day of the week.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 10, 2021, 12:31:12 AM
One way or another Joe Bryan has to play, he deserves to be in the starting 11.

Totally agree!