watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gazzagoalie

Started by LittleErn, August 09, 2021, 04:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver Fulham

That was completely unstoppable. Gazza covered the near post with the defender positioned to deter a shot back across to the far post, and it was lashed through his legs into the far side netting. No one is saving that. Very well taken by the Boro player.

Milo

He looked nervous all game.

Kept flailing his arms and yelling things at his defence when we were in position higher up the pitch. He was clearly trying to reposition them for any likely counter attack but our defence didn't even bother turning around for the majority of these outbursts and just ignored him.

I think it's a case of "earn your stripes" before we listen to you?

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Milo on August 10, 2021, 08:31:17 AM
He looked nervous all game.

Kept flailing his arms and yelling things at his defence when we were in position higher up the pitch. He was clearly trying to reposition them for any likely counter attack but our defence didn't even bother turning around for the majority of these outbursts and just ignored him.

I think it's a case of "earn your stripes" before we listen to you?

I thought his save against Robinson was class. It was such an awkward position and was a millimetre from going in. Great adjustment.

Craven_Chris

My take is that he took a position at his near post and stayed on his feet, on the assumption that Tosin was going to be able to cut out the shot across goal. I think a key part of goalkeeping, that Areola was so good at, is adapting position based on a probability assessment of where the shot is likely to go, given the shooters body position, the foot its on, your research on the players shooting technique/habits, the position of the defender, angle, etc.

Im guessing Gazzaniga made a reasonable assessment that a blast at the near post was the greatest threat as the defender was closing the angle to the far post. But the ball went through Tosin, which rendered the assessment incorrect. But I dont see any blame on the keeper there.

That being said, no saves so far in 180 mins that I have seen for Gazzaniga so far...