watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FOF AWAY TRIP

Started by SouthfieldWhite, December 22, 2010, 11:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthfieldWhite

Im sure its been mentioned on here before, and as im only an occasional reader and poster, i apologise if ive missed something or if somethings already in place

BUT with our away attendance being so poor, i think we should set a side 1 game to all meet up and join forces and try and get that away win we need, ive organised away trips before for large groups, and if everyones serious would be prepared to do it again( i need my head testing) so suggestions of what away games youd like a FOF away day, and i dont mean places like Spurs

An away day is about meeting up early doors, getting some beers  :beer:, maybe a game of cards on the train and a sing song., and then carry on the singing into what ever town we decide to go then carry it on in the ground

Even if its your only away game ever, lets all make an effort and take a decent amount,

so whos up for it and what trip??

manxman

Sounds good, everton away? We don't usually get good support up there. :beer:
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

FatFreddysCat

I tried it for Newcastle, very poor response, infact unbelievably so. Sorry N i'm brassic count me out, at least i wont lie about it. Good luck you're need it.

SuffolkWhite

I am hoping to do VILLA away on the 5th of Feb mt Suffolk Junior and hope to meet up with VicHalom'sLoveChild there.

Anybody up for that one?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

michaelread

ill be over for the Wigan away game in a few weeks....if any of you can manage that amazingly brilliant trip

MJG

Quote from: manxman on December 23, 2010, 12:43:17 AM
Sounds good, everton away? We don't usually get good support up there. :beer:
Everton Away, Might be up for that one as a trip.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: michaelread on December 23, 2010, 07:46:27 AM
ill be over for the Wigan away game in a few weeks....if any of you can manage that amazingly brilliant trip

I'm tempted. We might even win that one!

richie17

Quote from: michaelread on December 23, 2010, 07:46:27 AM

Ha ha.    There's a large banqueting hall under the stadium that shows the lunchtime games and serves away fans.  It's not exactly the Modern Footballing Experience but a bit different.

Fletchino

Villa isn't far enough away sunderland on a fast train would be a good one and a good chance of 3 points we do well in the north east I would be up for it Southfield White and as I have been on one of your planed trips will do it again

SouthfieldWhite

Just bumping this up after an intial very poor response, we now know how to win away, so hopfully more to come, we can play our part, its ONE away game, come on dont let your girlfriends and wives rule you life, who knows you may even enjoy it  :004:

Admin

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on December 29, 2010, 03:02:12 PM

Just bumping this up after an intial very poor response, we now know how to win away, so hopfully more to come, we can play our part, its ONE away game, come on dont let your girlfriends and wives rule you life, who knows you may even enjoy it  :004:

It would be nice to know where and when we're fcuking going first! Are we going as the blue tracksuit bregade as well but on a serious note, I'd be up for it if.. I'm not doing a long stretch for killing the Mrs.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Admin on December 29, 2010, 03:46:37 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on December 29, 2010, 03:02:12 PM

It would be nice to know where and when we're fcuking going first! Are we going as the blue tracksuit bregade as well but on a serious note, I'd be up for it if.. I'm not doing a long stretch for killing the Mrs.

Thats the whole point of this thread you queer,  to guide whod be up for it and where to go, anyway i thought youd given up on  Fulham.....AGAIN  :003:

fulham1879

I think Wigan away willl be a cracker. Extremely cheap tickets, plus cheap train travel at the thetrainline.com. Plus the train is direct in under 2 hours. A lot of people on the official club board talking about this one, and we usually get a poor showing at Wigan, I'm definitely going.
"40 000 muppets!"

mrska

Yeah i'll have some of that..  how are gonna organise this?

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: fulham1879 on December 29, 2010, 08:25:42 PM
I think Wigan away willl be a cracker. Extremely cheap tickets, plus cheap train travel at the thetrainline.com. Plus the train is direct in under 2 hours. A lot of people on the official club board talking about this one, and we usually get a poor showing at Wigan, I'm definitely going.

Yep match tickets are 15 quid or 2 for 20 quid, train tickets arnt that cheap though at over 60 quid return, if i had a bteer response id ring Virgin trains in the morning and see what deal i could get on a group booking, but think they will laugh at me when i say about 5 people

finnster01

I know it is easy for me to say as I am on the other end of the big pond now and can't possibly attend, but if SFW is going out of his way to arrange something that sounds like a great laugh and a good time on the road I think a lot more than 5 people should sign up. Why don't you all PM him and maybe you can get a group together and better prices.

Either way, a FoF trip on the road sounds like loads of fun especially now that we have proven we actually can win away and the players all threw their shirts into the stands at Brittannia. You may even end up with a great souvenir.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

SouthfieldWhite

Got it down to £38 return on the train, change at Birmingham and buy singles from euston to Brum, then single from brum to wigan and then 2 singles back.

Either that or hire a mini bus if we have enough whos prepared to do some driving

ps thanks Finnster for the support, but like Frdster has said, might be  :dead horse:

Either way im going

LRCN

hmm, i'll see what i can do

michaelread

ill be at the Wigan game. Coming all the way from Aus so none of you lot have an excuse  :dft012:

ill be catching a train down from Manchester for that game, is it fairly easy to get to the ground from a train station? Ill be travelling alone, most of my mates are heading off to do other things.

GoldCoastWhite

Looks like you need to go from Manchester Victoria to Wigan Wallgate Mike. 40 minute train journey, book in advance on thetrainline.com whenever you can as you can end up paying 2 or 3 times as much if you pay on the day. Wigan's ground is listed as 1.4 miles from the station according to Google maps so that's about 2.2km. Easy walk for a young fella, if it's not peeing down, and if your knee has recovered somewhat ? The other station is very close to Wallgate from the looks of it and I reckon trains coming up from London stop at Wigan North Western. I'd try to find out what time some of our lot are getting in and walk to the ground with them as you'll walk past. Wigan North Western on your way to the stadium.  Good luck and have a great time mate !