watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 13/08/21...

Started by WhiteJC, August 13, 2021, 12:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Middlesbrough closing in on swoop for key transfer target ahead of Fulham as European side enter the race

Middlesbrough are 'very close' to securing a move for Flamengo forward Rodrigo Muniz this summer but Serie A side Roma are also considering making a late bid for his signature, according to journalist Gianluca Di Mazrio.

Muniz's future has been up in the air throughout the summer and it had been reported previously that Fulham were close to completing a deal with Flamengo for the talented 20-year-old this summer.

That came with Middlesbrough having also been keen to add the forward to their squad as Neil Warnock searches for added firepower in the final third.

Warnock has even gone as far as conceding defeat in the race for Muniz to Fulham when speaking to the media.

However, according to this latest update from Di Marzio, Middlesbrough are now believed to be the club that are close to completing a deal for Muniz this summer in what could be a major boost for Warnock's side.

It is also being reported though by Di Marzio that Jose Mourinho's AS Roma are also interested in making a late move for the forward. That comes with them viewing him as a potential alternative in case they miss out on a move for Chelsea's Tammy Abraham.

The verdict

This would be a huge potential coup for Middlesbrough if they were able to complete their move for Muniz and it would come as something of a surprise considering it has looked like the striker was going to be moving to Fulham ahead of them.

Warnock has not been shy in admitting that Boro have been interested in Muniz as they aim to bolster their attacking options before the window closes. Therefore, he would be delighted if they were able to finally bring one of their key transfer targets before the window shuts.

It seems from this that Fulham have now been overtaken in the race and that Middlesbrough are the favourites to clinch his signature. However, Roma's late interest might well change everything with them surely being a massive draw for the 20-year-old considering their history and the fact that Mourinho is their manager now.

So, Boro might still be left facing a nervous wait to see if they can wrap up a deal for Muniz and they could still yet be frustrated if Roma do firm up their interest.

It does seem though that Warnock might yet be able to secure Muniz's services and if Middlesbrough can get this deal over the line then it will highlight the ambition that they have to really make a promotion challenge this season.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/middlesbrough-closing-in-on-swoop-for-key-transfer-target-ahead-of-fulham-as-european-side-enter-the-race/

WhiteJC

Fulham player closing in on exit from Craven Cottage as medical scheduled

Fulham forward Aboubakar Kamara is close to completing his move away from Craven Cottage this summer with him set to undergo a medical with Greek side Aris Thessaloniki, according to Greek outlet Nova Sports.

It has been reported previously this summer that Aris have been interested in taking the attacker to Greece as they aim to bolster their attacking options. However, The Athletic did report that a potential £4 million move for the forward had broken down.

Since then, reports had remerged that Aris were continuing to attempt to reach an agreement with Fulham over a potential deal for Kamara. It was believed that a fresh breakthrough had been reached between the Greek side and Marco Silva's side and that a deal could be completed shortly.

The latest report from Nova Sports now reveals that Kamara is set to undergo a medical with Aris on Wednesday ahead of sealing his move to Greece.

That comes with the 26-year-old already believed to have agreed personal terms with them and now the only thing that needs completing is the formalities of a medical.

The verdict

From this update it would suggest that Kamara is set to finally depart Craven Cottage for Aris this summer and that should finally put to bed what has been something of an ongoing transfer saga over the last few weeks.

Kamara did come off the bench as a late sub against Middlesbrough in Fulham's Championship opener against Middlesbrough. That suggested that Silva could still potentially find a role for him within his squad this season. However, it seems unlikely that he would have ever been able to force his way into the starting line-up on a consistent basis.

The 26-year-old has produced some positive moments for Fulham during his time with the club, but there have also been a few moments of controversy along the way. A fresh start for Kamara might be what he needs to get his form up and running once again.

While Fulham will also be able to recoup some extra potential transfer funds and see their wage bill improved, which might help them make one or two late signings of their own.

It therefore seems like this move is something of a no-brainer for all concerned really and it will provide a chance for Kamara to get some consistent game time somewhere new. The 26-year-old has shown enough with Fulham to suggest he will be a strong performer in Greece.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-player-closing-in-on-exit-from-craven-cottage-as-medical-scheduled/

WhiteJC

Aston Villa leading transfer chase to sign in-demand Championship star

Aston Villa are currently ahead in the race for Fulham midfielder Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa, according to a report from Gazzetta dello Sport (print edition, August 11, page 10).

The highly sought-after midfielder has emerged as a target of both The Villains and Arsenal in recent days, as per a report from Birmingham Live.

The two Premier League clubs join the likes of Everton, Roma, and Valencia, as clubs who currently hold an interest in the midfielder.

According to The Athletic, Anguissa wants to leave as he does not want to be playing Championship football next season.

The latest report from Gazzetta dello Sport suggests that Villa are now winning the race for Anguissa, with the money generated by the sale of Jack Grealish putting the club in a very healthy position from a financial perspective.

The verdict

Anguissa proved to be a more than competent operator in the middle of the park last season in the Premier League.

The midfielder displayed a tenacious side to his game, proving to be a relentless press conference of the ball and shown the intelligence required to read the game well and consistently breaking up play.

Anguissa is also very good technically and has the passing range to match his physical presence.

Villa are hoping to build a side who can perhaps threaten the top eight next season, and whilst Grealish's departure will leave some sort of void, they can use the figure generated to strengthen several areas.

Villa will face competition, and even more clubs may decide to join the growing race, but they currently possess the spending power to finance a deal such as this one.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/aston-villa-leading-transfer-chase-to-sign-in-demand-championship-star/

WhiteJC

On this day: Conroy from the halfway line

You'll have your own list of iconic Fulham goals. Gera against Hamburg, Dempsey to see off Juve, Louis Saha or Junichi Inamoto at Old Trafford and Rodney McAree at Carlisle would all be up there, but for moments of absolute astonishment it is hard to beat Mike Conroy at Wycombe Wanderers in the Coca Cola Cup first leg on this day in 1997.

Why? Well, the video tells it better than I can. But Conroy, fresh from a 23 goal season as Micky Adams' men surprised everyone by winning promotion from the Third Division on a shoestring budget, was in form. Transformed from the Hammersmith End's boo boy to 'Super Mick,' the enigmatic Scottish forward was more famed for close range finishes like the one that had launched Fulham's season at home to Wrexham a few days earlier, but this strike was as extravagant as our new Egyptian owner.

The penalty box poached had scored a stunner to rival David Beckham's at Selhurst Park a year earlier. Talk about incredible. It secured a first leg lead following Aiden Newhouse's first Fulham goal in the first half – and still lives long in the memory.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/08/on-this-day-conroy-from-the-halfway-line/

WhiteJC

2 tweaks Marco Silva may consider making to his Fulham XI ahead of Huddersfield

Fulham picked up a solitary point to kick off their Sky Bet Championship campaign last weekend and they'll now be looking to get their first win on the board this coming weekend against Huddersfield Town.

The Lilywhites certainly had the better of the game against Middlesbrough over the opening weekend but could not get that crucial second goal, and were made to pay the price for that when Marc Bola fired home a Boro leveller.

Clearly, then, work in front of goal and on attacking phases will be the order of the day in training this week ahead of the trip to the Terriers, and we're taking a look at two tweaks Marco Silva may make to his side ahead of the clash...

Bobby Decordova Reid back in?
Overall, Fulham's players did fairly well at the weekend against Middlesbrough and so there seems little need for Marco Silva to really tear things up already.

He may consider bringing in Reid from the start, though, with his innate ability to burst from a midfield position and support attacks.

Aleksandar Mitrovic didn't have his best game at the weekend and perhaps having an extra player that can get up and run beyond him could help against the Terriers.

Should Mitrovic start?
Saying that, there may also be a case for Silva to think about bringing Mitrovic out – though it may only be something he considers before deciding against it.

The Serbian had a quiet game at the weekend, partly because he's probably not played much in the last few months, partly because he didn't get the best service in the world at the weekend and partly because he simply didn't have his best game.

He probably needs a run of matches to get back up to speed and firing – and there are few options in the squad to really replace him at the moment – but even so Silva will surely be thinking of some way he can shake the attack up to make it more effective than last weekend.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/2-tweaks-marco-silva-may-consider-making-to-his-fulham-xi-ahead-of-huddersfield/

WhiteJC

How will our squad look after the transfer window?
Evan Lorendo returns to give his thoughts on how our squad might shape up this campaign.

I write this about five hours before the first whistle of the season. It feels like the perfect time to jot down some thoughts about the squad.

Of course, the caveat here is, depending on what happens on the pitch between now and 31 August, some of these musings might not even matter. A lot more will be clear by then, with five games under our belts and the end of the transfer window.

The best keeper should start in goal
I love Rodak and I think he's a phenomenal keeper. That said, how many people remember last summer when Areola came in and most of us were mad about it. We wanted one of our own to be starting in the Premier League. He helped get us there after all.

But who can honestly say that Alphonse wasn't heads and shoulders above Rodak.

Now that we are back in the Championship with the sole goal of getting promoted. I hear people complain that Rodak should be between the sticks and that the competition for the second straight year isn't healthy.

Guess what? I don't care. I want the best keeper to start and to lead this team. If it is Marek, that is amazing. But if it turns out to be Gazzaniga, then I'm equally happy with that.

RB scares me
Tete can be a world-class full-back on his day. The size, speed, technical ability. It is all there. But so is the fact that he's got injured more than we care to admit.

I am also not so sure that he ever wanted to be on this team. I hope I'm wrong, but I never got that he had the same fire as the other guys we brought in. I also think that if a Premier League team (or even an Eredivisie team) came calling, he would push through a move in a heartbeat. He's probably too good for the Championship.

The issue is, we don't have much depth there. Cyrus Christie is back, but he is playing with the U23s. From what I saw of Sess last season with Bristol City, he isn't quite ready to be a starter at this level.

We need back-up here. I would completely be open to a straight swap with Torino: Tete for Aina.

Exodus at CB (Including a surprise)
Silva has acknowledged that we are too bloated in central defense. He's even said that we will ship some people out. Let's look at it: I think MLM goes,and I think Odoi does if we can get a decent offer.

Ream, Tosin, and Kongolo are sure to stay. It could be that Silva likes Mawson (even though he's also a left-footed CB) over someone like Hector.

That is why I'm calling it: either Hector or Mawson get sold before the end of the window.

We'll bring at least one CB in
On the flip side, Silva will also know Alfie and Terrance's injury history, so I will not be surprised if we bring in a CB for cover, if not to start.

It could be a loan, someone on a free (looking at you Gary Cahill), or even someone we buy.

We have had a lot of central defenders for a while now, but that doesn't mean that there is enough quality there.

Exodus at CM (Including a surprise)
Another area of the pitch that we have a bit of a logjam is central midfield. I fully expect Anguissa not to start today. He's too valuable to have get hurt in the opening game of the season (Update: looks like I was right).

If we can get £20m for him I consider it a win. I loved watching Frank play, but right now he isn't what we need. Use that money on a couple of key replacements (see below).

Unless we really can't find anyone to buy him, I fully expect to see Seri sent off as well. Maybe he will be given a chance to prove himself, but he kind of seems like a shell of his former self.

I'm a bit less certain about this, but if we are bringing in Grimes and/or Hughes, I could see someone like Onomah become expendable. Once again, we have depth at this position, but I'm not as certain that the quality is as deep as people think.

Reed needs back-up
Case in point: who backs up Reed? We need someone who can either play alongside of him or replace him as he is known to pick up a knock here or there.

Other than RB, this is the position that worries me the most, especially in Silva's system where the wingbacks get way up the pitch. You have to have someone who can stay home and disrupt the counter-attack.

It could be a bit of a pipedream, but I loved the report that we were in for both Hughes and Chalobah from Watford. It's instant depth. Plus both are players who I think can take the step up with us.

Our 10 will be similar to a second striker
When Silva was at Watford, his number 10 was Tom Cleverley who wasn't trying to attack as much as switch play high up the pitch. He was directing the action in the attack. I can see Cairney playing this way, with a bit more attacking flair in him.

However, when Silva went to Everton, he used Sigurdsson much more as a second striker. This is where Carvalho comes into the picture and even BDR. They can play off Mitro rather than only direct the action. Even Wilson can slide in here

This second style fits us much better and will free up Mitro to score more goals.

One of our wingers will find their way under Silva
Let's be honest, we have some good wingers on paper: Wilson, Cavaleiro, Knockaert, and Kebano. I think Wilson will have a great year. I really think one of the other three will stake a claim to a starting spot.

Silva has spoken about how Neeskens will play a role in his team. I also think that Cav has something to prove and may have the ability to do it at this level. If I put money on it though, I think Knockaert is off – and that isn't a bad thing.

...but we will still bring a new one in
In terms of quality, adding another winger to the mix will once again make us stronger.

There are a couple of Championship level players that could play a part out there, including Dembélé from Peterborough. We need depth and creativity; I think this is an area we will go and try to find it.

Three academy players will play at least 10 games
Go ahead and make it four if Rodek is our main starting GK.

Everyone is expecting big things from Carvalho and Francois. But there could be another player out there that has a role to play on this team.

It could be Stanfield or someone else coming from nowhere. But this might be a season where our academy products will really shine.

Our depth is not as good as we think it is
We already have Kongolo and TC out for another month. Reed is banged up. We are close to selling a few CBs and CMs.

All of a sudden, our impeccable depth is not so deep. Then imagine a long term injury to one or two more players, which can happen at this level with its physicality. We could quickly be in a world of hurt.

I think we still need another CB, RB, DM, CM, and winger.

Just to be clear: I think we need five more signings, (six including Muniz).

I don't think that it's crazy, especially when you start to think about what we are going to lose between now and 1 September. This could be a much improved and deeper team in the next four weeks.

Mitro will score 20 goals and two others will have 10+
Silva's system will have us flying up the pitch. You love to see it after a few years of Parkerball.

We'll have to have other players stepping up to score other than Mitro, who I think will still get at least 20 goals. I think we'll be so improved that we will have two others score at least 10 goals.

That could be Carvalho, Wilson, Muniz, and even someone like Cav if he finds his groove. The more the other guys around Mitro become dangerous, the easier it will be for him to score.

August sets the tone
We have four more games before the close of the transfer window and the first international break. Coming out of the gates gelling as a team and getting points puts us in the driver's seat early on.

A slow start isn't deadly, but it means that we will have to be more focused later on in the season.

I'm incredibly positive for the first time in a while. Happy to have the season starting and happy that we can be back at the Cottage. Come on you Whites!

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2021-08-12-how-will-our-squad-look-after-the-transfer-window/

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham being considered as next destination for Spurs player

Football League World have reported that Fulham are being considered as the next possible destination for Tottenham defender, Cameron Carter-Vickers.

Fulham have reportedly been in touch with Spurs and are now being considered by the North London club as a potential transfer destination.

The report even goes as far as to say that Fulham are at the front of the queue for Carter-Vickers, ahead of Celtic who have also apparently shown interest.

A recent report from the Daily Record, also revealed Celtic's interest, adding that Spurs were looking for around £5m for the centre-back.

Alasdair Gold from Football London reported last week that there has been 'plenty' of interest in Carter-Vickers this summer as he has just one year left on his contract.

The USA international played a part in some of the early pre-season games under new head coach Nuno Espirito Santo this summer.

Although he has made just four senior Spurs appearances, Carter-Vickers has enjoyed loan spells at Sheffield United, Ipswich Town, Swansea City, Stoke City, Luton Town, and AFC Bournemouth.

Spurs Web Opinion:

It is definitely time for Carter-Vickers to move somewhere on a permanent deal and actually progress his career. He has learned as much as he can at Spurs and chances in the first-team do not look to be on the cards for him. I think he will have a great career in the Championship or in Scotland.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/report-fulham-being-considered-as-next-destination-for-spurs-player/

WhiteJC

Fulham: Rodrigo Muniz transfer blow emerges

Fulham are set to miss out on the signing of Rodrigo Muniz, with the forward closing in on a move to Championship rivals Middlesbrough, according to journalist Gianluca Di Marzio.

What's the story?

Muniz has caught the eye with some strong performances for Brazilian side Flamengo recently, and it appears that they have not gone unnoticed.

The forward has been with Flamengo's first-team since 2021 and has scored five goals in 24 appearances in total for them, with all of those goals coming in last year's campaign.

Fulham have been locked in a transfer tussle with Middlesbrough over a potential agreement for Muniz, although AS Roma are potentially eyeing a late move for the 20-year-old as they look to find a suitable replacement for Edin Dzeko, who departed in favour of a move to Inter Milan this summer.

But Di Marzio also claims that Middlesbrough are 'closing in' on a deal to sign Muniz this summer, which is likely to be a frustrating update for Fulham's supporters.

Fulham will have to act swiftly to find an alternative to Muniz
Fulham already have some strong options available to them in attack, with Aleksandar Mitrovic being their 'go-to' option both in their promotion-winning campaign in the 2019/20 season, and whilst they were in the Premier League.

Josh Maja also arrived at Craven Cottage during last year's campaign, and will be hoping he can fire them back into the top-flight at the first time of asking this term.

But Marco Silva is evidently keen to add further depth and quality to his attacking options this summer, with Muniz being one of Fulham's main transfer targets.

The forward has received glowing praise from fans and pundits over in Brazil, with the forward being rated as the eighth-best player in Brazil last season, according to Sofascore's rating system, with the 20-year-old having an average rating of 7.16 for his performances during last year's campaign.

To lose out to a fellow Championship side on a transfer target is always going to be frustrating, and it'll be interesting to see which players Fulham target as an alternative to Muniz this summer, although their supporters will be fuming at the fact that they've lost out to Middlesbrough in the race to sign the forward, as Boro finished tenth in the second-tier standings last term.

With the transfer window set to slam shut on 31st August though, the Cottagers will have to make swift movements in their efforts to sign new players for the 2021/22 campaign.

Fulham are set to return to action this weekend, when they take on Huddersfield Town, in a match they'll be looking to pick up three points from at the John Smith's Stadium.

https://www.footballfancast.com/fulham-fc-transfer-rumours/fulham-rodrigo-muniz-transfer-blow-emerges

WhiteJC

Fulham youngster George Wickens seals National League loan switch

Fulham youngster George Wickens has joined Wealdstone on loan, it has been confirmed.

Wickens, 19, has sealed his first loan move away from Fulham, heading to the National League to pick up senior experience away from Craven Cottage.

The young shot-stopper has been with the Cottagers his entire career, making his way through their youth academy and into the U23s side.

Now, after game time in Fulham's youth set-up, he will test himself with fifth-tier side Wealdstone as he looks to take the next step in his career.

Wickens will spend the 2021/22 campaign on loan with Stuart Maynard's side. The Petersfield-born ace will be hoping to nail down a spot as Wealdstone's number one, with Alfie Marigliani their only other option in between the sticks.

Wickens' career to date
As said before, the young shot-stopper has spent his entire career to date with Fulham's youth sides.

Wickens, who has one cap for England's U18s, has played 18 times for the Cottagers' U18s side, keeping two clean sheets in the process.

After making his way into the U23s, the Fulham prodigy has gone on to feature 20 times for Mark Pembridge's side. Along the way, Wickens has managed to keep six clean sheets, conceding 25 goals.

A chance to impress
With Wealdstone's goalkeeping options limited, it will be interesting to see if Wickens can nail down a spot as Wealdstone's number one.

An impressive stint in the National League could boost the young 'keeper's reputation, as he looks to forge a career in the senior game.

https://the72.co.uk/244855/fulham-youngster-george-wickens-seals-national-league-loan-switch/

WhiteJC

'Talks are progressing': Director says £7m man will join Fulham very soon

Rodrigo Muniz could complete his £7 million move to Championship giants Fulham in "the coming days", Flamengo executive director Bruno Spindel has told Lance.

Well, he should know.

Spindel has been heavily involved in a deal that would see one of the most exciting young forwards in Brazil swap South American football for life in west London, holding talks with Fulham chief executive Alistair Mackintosh a few weeks ago.

Fulham have agreed a £7 million, five-year deal for Muniz too after the striker emerged as Marco Silva's number one transfer target heading into the final days of the summer transfer window.

Silva, who contacted Muniz directly in an attempt to lure him to Craven Cottage, sees shades of a young Richarlison in a man who helped Flamengo win the Brazilian league title in 2020.

"The talks are progressing with Rodrigo Muniz," Spindel admitted when asked about Fulham's interest. 

"We hope that, in the coming days, there will be an agreement that is good for all parties."

Fulham in advanced talks to sign Brazilian ace Rodrigo Muniz

Fulham have already completed two eye-catching signings this summer. They have brought in former Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga on a free transfer while investing £12 million in Harry Wilson – the one-time Liverpool youngster who has sparkled at Championship level during spells at Cardiff, Hull City and Derby County.

Muniz, however, could be the most exciting addition yet, a striker capable of easing the crushing burden of expectation on Aleksandar Mitrovic's broad shoulders.

Fulham have fought off competition from Atletico Madrid, Genk and money-bags Middle Eastern outfit Al-Nassr. 

Championship rivals Middlesbrough and Serie A champions Inter Milan were also interested. And we know that because Neil Warnock told us.

"I can't believe he's turned us down," Boro boss Warnock said of a man who's training alone ahead of his impending switch to England.   

"I think it was Inter Milan, Fulham or Middlesbrough (competing for his signature).

"(Muniz) is just a different type of player. He's got energy, pace. We're disappointed (to miss out) as a lot of work went into (trying to sign him)."

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/08/12/fulham-muniz-talks/

WhiteJC

O'Neill named Fulham's scholar of the year

Fulham midfielder Ollie O'Neill has collected his scholar of the year trophy after a superb season for the Whites' youth sides.

The Irish teenager made 23 appearances – scoring four times and adding nine assists – for the under 18s as Steve Wigley's side successfully retained their Premier League south title. He also featured eight times in Fulham's under 23 side and is regarded as one of the brightest talents in the club's academy set-up.

New academy director Mike Cave told Fulham's official website this afternoon: "Not only was Ollie a key member of the Under-18s team that made the National Final last season, but in a year that offered unique challenges with the pandemic, Ollie was able to achieve A*s in both his English and Maths A-levels, as well as a double distinction* in his sport BTEC. Congratulations Ollie!"

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/08/oneill-named-fulhams-scholar-of-the-year/

WhiteJC

Preview: Huddersfield Town vs. Fulham - prediction, team news, lineups

Following opening-day draws, Huddersfield Town and relegated Fulham meet at the John Smith's Stadium on Saturday, both seeking a first win of the Championship season.

While the Terriers took a point home from Derby last weekend, amid testing circumstances, Marco Silva's side began life back in the second tier with a disappointing draw against Middlesbrough.

Match preview
Having lost head coach Carlos Corberan and four members of their playing staff to COVID-19 infection not long before their Championship curtain-raiser, Huddersfield's start to the season appeared to be going from bad to worse when they fell behind to a Curtis Davies goal at crisis club Derby last week.

Only a quick-fire equaliser from Naby Sarr on the stroke of half-time denied Derby the win, as Town escaped from Pride Park with a point - to the relief of stand-in boss Danny Schofield.

The West Yorkshire outfit had previously enjoyed a positive kick-off to their 2021-22 campaign, when they overcame Sheffield Wednesday in a penalty shootout to make the second round of the EFL Cup - since being handed an attractive home tie with Everton later this month.

That success came as a relief for Corberan - who joined the Terriers from local rivals Leeds United after helping them gain promotion - following back-to-back friendly losses to end a virus-hit pre-season. However, COVID-related complications have continued to disrupt affairs in Kirklees, so an encounter with Fulham's expensively assembled squad is perhaps not ideally timed.

Huddersfield lost both home and away the last time the Cottagers were at this level - including a 2-1 home reverse almost exactly two years ago - and will be up against it to avoid a fourth successive defeat to them in all.

Still adapting to their new surroundings in the Championship, frustrated Fulham picked up only a solitary point to kick off their league campaign last weekend and will be eager to record their first win on Saturday.

After their demotion in the spring, Fulham endured an unedifying saga which eventually saw former manager Scott Parker make the switch to rivals Bournemouth, before ex-Hull boss Marco Silva stepped into the Craven Cottage hot-seat.

Securing the signings of former Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga and Liverpool midfielder Harry Wilson proved a positive move for the Portuguese coach, and he led his side into an opening-day clash with Middlesbrough in expectation of a maximum-points haul. However, the London club were unable to make their dominance of the ball pay, as despite having two-thirds of possession, they failed to build on Wilson's 29th-minute opener and were ultimately forced to settle for a 1-1 draw.

Fulham's new Welsh winger signed a five-year deal with the club upon his arrival from Anfield last month and that debut goal will raise hopes among their fanbase that he can improve on a seven-goal tally while loaned to Cardiff last term.

Undoubtedly, his progress is set to be closely linked with the fortunes of Silva this season, as the jury remains out on the latter and wins from fixtures such as Saturday's are considered a requirement.

Huddersfield Town Championship form:

D

Huddersfield Town form (all competitions):

W
    L
    L
    D
    D
    D

Fulham Championship form:

D

Fulham form (all competitions):

L
    L
    D
    L
    W
    D

Team News

Huddersfield remain embroiled in uncertainty ahead of the game, as Lewis O'Brien, Lee Nicholls, Harry Toffolo and Josh Ruffels were all ruled out of the draw with Derby as they entered quarantine.

The quartet's return depends on providing a negative COVID-19 test and subsequently proving their fitness, so the hosts are unlikely to field their strongest XI.

Town handed Championship debuts to defenders Ollie Turton and Levi Colwill at Pride Park - and the pair could start again - while former Boreham Wood winger Sorba Thomas has impressed so far and should feature. Goalkeeper Ryan Schofield will start in the probable absence of Nicholls.

Marco Silva, meanwhile, has few such concerns to deal with, though Andre-Frank Anguissa was left out of Fulham's squad against Middlesbrough due to his desire to leave and will not be involved. The former Marseille midfielder is subject to interest from clubs across Europe and is not willing to play in the Championship.

It is expected that Silva will consider bringing in Bobby Decordova-Reid from the start, though, as the Jamaica international - who recently played in the Gold Cup for the Reggae Boyz - could provide support for star striker Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Huddersfield Town possible starting lineup:
Schofield; Sarr, Pearson, Colwill; Turton, High, Hogg, Holmes, Thomas; Ward, Rhodes

Fulham possible starting lineup:
Gazzaniga; Tete, Ream, Adarabioyo, Robinson; Reed, Onomah; Cordova-Reid, Carvalho, Wilson; Mitrovic

We say: Huddersfield Town 0-2 Fulham

Not only have Huddersfield seen their season already disrupted by infections, their form this calendar year makes them one of the candidates to be battling against the drop. In 2021, the Terriers have recorded just three league wins, and are not likely to add to that meagre tally on Saturday.

Fulham should dominate the ball, so must now focus on finding a more clinical edge - which their experienced forwards are more than capable of doing at this level.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/huddersfield-town/preview/preview-huddersfield-vs-fulham-prediction-team-news-lineups_459084.html?cQx=NN&newsnow

WhiteJC

Silva expects tough battle at Huddersfield

Fulham head coach Marco Silva is braced for another tough battle at Huddersfield this week – but insists his side have bounced back quickly from the disappointment of only drawing with Middlesbrough on the opening weekend of the season.

The Portuguese head coach admitted both he and his players were frustrated by only picking up a point on Sunday at Craven Cottage – but told FFCTV this afternoon that they have put this setback to one side and are concentrating on trying to take all three points home from the John Smith's Stadium on Saturday.

It's something that we have to be able to do. Of course, it was a disappointing result because we didn't win the game. We deserved more from the game. I think we were the dominant team for almost all the game – we had enough chances to kill the game before they equalised with their only shot on target. That's football. We've analysed the game and they reacted in the normal way. We have focused on the next game this week.

Silva expects another stern test of Fulham's Championship credentials against the Terriers this weekend and believes he has a good idea of how Carlos Corberan will want to play.

"I think Carlos has his own style. Maybe his past has influenced him – maybe Bielsa has had an influence as well – but we can see that this is a team that like to press high all of the opponents, that likes to play with quality. I think it will be a tough game against a good side in my opinion. A team that likes to play, has a clear idea to play and is also a tough team for the opponent as well. It is up to us to play with his quality and answer in the way we want.

"Our focus we will on ourselves. They had some issues last week, we had some ourselves – not covid – but we had a number of players not in the squad last. They are important players for us. Set pieces will have a big impact in all the matches. They scored from a good free-kick from a wide position. It is up to us to be focused in that moment and it is for us to respond.

"They are trying to get their team stronger. They have quality in some moments of their game. It's clear what they are try to do with the ball. It is up to us to be strong in all the moments of game, with the ball, bring our quality and try to do what we expect to win the game.

The Fulham boss confirmed that Tom Cairney, Terence Kongolo and Maxime Le Marchand will definitely miss the trip to west Yorkshire, whilst midfielder Harrison Reed remains doubtful after only returning to full training after an ankle problem this week.

"Unfortunately for us, we don't have good news until now about some of the them. Harrison Reed is still in doubt. All the others Tom Cairney, Kongolo, Max as well, they are still out."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/08/silva-expects-tough-battle-at-huddersfield/

WhiteJC

'Muniz to quarantine in Spain' ahead of Fulham move

Flamego forward Rodrigo Muniz will complete his quarantine in Spain ahead of his impending transfer to Fulham, according to Brazilian journalist Vene Casagrande.

The 20 year-old, who has agreed a four year contract at Craven Cottage, is expected to leave Brazil this weekend and his representatives are awaiting final confirmation of when he can fly to England following his period of quarantine in Europe. His departure from Flamengo was delayed when he tested positive for coronavirus earlier in the month. Muniz has recently been undertaking his own individual programme of training at Fulham's request – so as not to risk a contact injury. Flamengo and Fulham have reportedly agreed a fee of around £6.8m – split into two equal payments – for Muniz, who Marco Silva admitted he has been tracking for a long time.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/08/muniz-to-quarantine-in-spain-ahead-of-fulham-move/

WhiteJC

All the latest Huddersfield Town team news ahead of Fulham clash

Huddersfield Town will continue without Lewis O'Brien, Harry Toffolo and Lee Nicholls this weekend, whilst Pipa and Rolando Aarons remain absent despite returning to training ahead of Saturday's clash with Fulham.

Carlos Corberan tested positive for Covid-19 late last week, which robbed him the chance of featuring on the touchline in Saturday's 1-1 draw with Derby County. His squad, too, were impacted, with O'Brien, Toffolo, Nicholls and Josh Ruffels all missing.

This afternoon, Corberan confirmed to his pre-match press conference that the quartet would once again be missing this weekend, whilst he also remains in the dark about his own return.

He said: "Some of them started feeling symptoms before me. The medical protocol with the players, though, is different to the medical protocol with the coaches.

"After they have the normal 10 days of quarantine, depending if they've developed symptoms, they need to follow a process that's a little bit different. They need to make some blood analysis and some physical values to decide when they train.

"They cannot be training with the squad. First of all they need to make three days of progressive work before they can start to work with the team."

Alongside the absence of that trio, Huddersfield will continue without Pipa and Aarons, despite the fact that the pair were able to make a staggered return to training this week.

He continued: "Pipa has done one day of training and then he was resting the next day. He was training yesterday, then resting today. Tomorrow he is going to have a medical consultation to see how he is managing the pain he still has. We will see after this meeting what is going to be the right process to follow.

"Rolando Aarons trained yesterday with the team. He was resting today, but I'm hoping that he's managing the pain he has in the knee well. We will see how he reacts from yesterday's training."

Aaron Rowe, though, remains a longer-term absentee: "Rowe is a little bit different because he couldn't be (training) with the team yet. His situation is a little bit behind Pipa and Aarons."

Elsewhere, Tom Lees' wait for a Huddersfield debut is likely to stretch a couple more weeks. He had ankle surgery over the course of the summer and is still working his way back to fitness.

Corberan revealed: "Lees is a player that had an injury at the end of previous year. He had surgery in his ankle, but his level of work since that time was excellent and I've received a player in a very good physical condition.

"I don't have to talk about his football condition because his experience talks about that. I can only tell you that he is now close to two weeks away after doing a lot of work by himself.

"I'm thinking he's closer to the team than I expected at the beginning when we signed him."

One player Corberan is hopeful will be involved this weekend is Danel Sinani, who has been feeling fatigue in a quad muscle on the back of a brief cameo at Derby.

Corberan conceded: "After the game the other day, he was feeling something in the muscle in his quad. It's not an injury but he was feeling a little bit fatigued in this part of his leg.

"The medical decision has been to separate him from the team to try and avoid any type of injury.

"He was working yesterday with the medical staff and working well. He was working today with the medical staff and if his reaction is positive he will be ready to work with the team.

"Then, he has the option to be with the squad. If his reaction is not the best reaction, we will miss him in the next game."

Juninho Bacuna and Isaac Mbenza, meanwhile, are not in contention for selection as doubt surrounds their future at the club.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/all-the-latest-huddersfield-town-team-news-ahead-of-fulham-clash/

WhiteJC

Swansea City's Russell Martin gives big Matt Grimes hope amid Fulham and Watford transfer interest

Matt Grimes has attracted transfer interest from a number of clubs this summer but new head coach Russell Martin is keen for him to stay in south Wales

Russell Martin believes there's a chance that Matt Grimes could remain at Swansea City beyond the summer transfer window.

The central midfielder recently entered the final year of his contract with the Swans and is the subject of transfer interest from clubs including Fulham and Watford.

Martin is a huge admirer of the 26-year-old - who featured in the games against Blackburn Rovers and Reading.

And when asked about the prospect of the captain staying in south Wales beyond the August 31 deadline, Martin commented: "I hope so. I think there's a chance.

"I think the fact he loves the club so much, loves being here so much is something we can't take for granted.

"I think we've walked in and he's looked at it and gone 'this is probably going to suit me, the way they want to play, and I can be quite an important person in it'.

"The first thing to point out is he's not in any rush to leave. He's in the last year of his contract, that's just the position he finds himself in, he's not forcing a move, he's not in there saying he's not going to play, he's completely committed, so anything outside of that is up to his agent to deal with which is what they're there for so the players can focus on football.

"We're talking to them at the moment to see what we can make happen, what works for him and what works for us.

"And if there is a time when we can shake hands on something that works for everyone, brilliant, if not we just have to wait and see what happens then."

Martin has already indicated his desire for Grimes to stay at the club to Swansea's ownership group.

It comes after the Jack Army chanted "We want you to stay" to the midfielder during the 3-0 Carabao Cup first round win over Reading on Tuesday night.

And when asked about the chances of Grimes signing a new deal, the head coach responded: "That's what the discussions are about.

"There's a lot of plate spinning; there is interest in some players, we have interest in some, it's how it fits into to the overall puzzle.

"The owners know how I feel about Matt and his role with us and Mark Allen sees it the same way, and they understand it completely, but it has to be right for everyone and has to work within the parameters of the club, hopefully we can get to that point, if we don't it certainly won't be for a lack of trying."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-citys-russell-martin-gives-21297406

WhiteJC

Fulham Preview, Home

Huddersfield Town welcome Fulham to the John Smith Stadium this weekend as Town will play in front of a home crowd for the first time in nearly 18 months.
Town and Fulham both picked up a point on the opening weekend of the Championship season. Fulham who drew 1-1 at home to Middlesborough will be targeting the game against Town for their first win under Marco Silva. Town have only beaten Fulham once since 1994, with that victory coming 3 years ago when Town beat Fulham 1-0 in the Premier League. Town have lost 10 of their last 15 against the West London side.
Fulham have added three key players to their side in the close-season. Harry Wilson joining for £12 million from Liverpool, Paulo Gazzaniga on a free transfer from Spurs and Rodrigo Muniz for over £7 milion from Flamengo - the same side that former Town targets Lincoln and Lazaro played for.
Town Head Coach Carlos Corberan could be back in the dugout for Saturday after the Town boss tested positive for COVID. If not, it is expected he will be back for Town's game at Bramall Lane.

How to Watch

The game kicks off at 3pm on the 14th of August at the JSS. There are still tickets available for the game via Town's website.
The game will not be broadcast live in the UK, although radio commentary is available. The game is available for international viewers via the iFollow match pass system.

Town's Loan players

Crichlow, Edmonds-Green, Daly and Phillips started in the cup on Tuesday night for their loan clubs, although all four of them lost. Phillips scored in the shoot-out for Wasall as they lost 4-3 on penalties.
This Weekend's fixtures:
Rarmani Edmonds Green: Wigan vs Rotherham
Matty Daly: Barrow vs Hartlepool
Ernaldo Krasniqi: Falkirk vs Airdrieonians
Romoney Crichlow: Swindow Town vs Carlisle
Kieran Phillips: Walsall vs Forest Green Rovers

Team News

It is unlikely that Lewis O'Brien, Harry Toffolo, Josh Ruffels or Lee Nicholls will be available for Saturday, with the club wanting each player to have three days of individual work before they can re-join the side.
Pipa and Rolando Aarons could be back in the matchday squad as both are returning to full fitness after injury. Town's Spanish right-back is training one day on, one day off as he recovers from his groin injury from last season. Aarons has just returned to training after his knee injury, so the game against Fulham will probably be too soon for Town's number 11.

Aaron Rowe remains out with his foot injury and is a bit further behind Pipa and Rolando in returning to selection to contention.

The only potential injury picked up against Derby was Danel Sinani who may be forced to miss the Fulham game with a knock he picked up.
New signing Tom Lees is approaching match fitness, but again the Fulham game is likely to be too soon for the ex Sheffield Wednesday defender.

https://htafcstatto.co.uk/News-Articles/2021-22/Fulham-Home-Preview

WhiteJC

Cairney injury concerns rise

Tom Cairney has only completed a single training session under Marco Silva, the new Fulham head coach revealed this afternoon as concerns over his captain's injury prognosis rise.

The Scottish international has not featured for Fulham's first team since a 1-1 draw against Newcastle last December and had to be withdrawn from full training earlier this summer after feeling discomfort with his troublesome knee injury.

As quoted by the Athletic's Peter Rutzler, Silva told his press conference prior to the trip to Huddersfield this weekend:

"Unfortunately for me he got pain in the knee in that period and we stopped him. So it was let's see if the next days, few weeks we hear good news about him. As you know he's an important player for us, for the club and for me. Let's hope we can have him as soon as possible, but in the mean time I want him 100 per cent ready to play at his best."

The 30 year-old has been a crucial part of Fulham's two previous promotions from the Championship, but admitted after scoring the winner against Aston Villa at Wembley in 2018 that he had played through the pain of a persistent knee problem. Promising academy graduate Fabio Carvalho looks set to have a sustained run in the first team now, with Silva waiting to see when Cairney might be able to return to full training.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/08/cairney-injury-concerns-rise/

WhiteJC

Cairney continues to struggle with knee problem

Tom Cairney has suffered another injury setback.

The Fulham captain is no nearer a return date after breaking down in training.

Knee problems plagued Cairney for most of last season.

Whites boss Silva said: "He has the knee problem, so it's a question of the next few days or weeks, but he's an important player for us."

Meanwhile, midfielder Harrison Reed will sit out Saturday's trip to Huddersfield.

Silva explained: "His return? It will be sooner (than Cairney).

"It's a different (injury) from the end of last season, but in the next few days I'll talk with the medical staff and we can be clearer."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulhams-cairney-suffers-another-injury-setback-plus-reed-update

WhiteJC

Notes from August meeting with FFC

On Monday 9 August at 13:30, the Fulham Supporters' Trust met with Fulham FC via video conference.

The Club was represented by:

Alistair Mackintosh (CEO)
    Katy Brecht (Head of Ticketing)
    Ally Spicer (Head of Ticketing Operations)
    David Daly (Non-Executive Director)
    Carmelo Mifsud (Communications Director)
    Darren Preston (Chief Operating Officer)
    Nicola Walworth (Supporter Relations Manager)
    Charlie Harris (Communications Assistant)

The FST was represented by Board Members:

Tom Greatrex (Chair)
    Ian Clarke (Vice Chair)
    Jerry Cope (Treasurer, Membership Secretary)
    Sue Couch (Board Member)

HOW IT WORKS

The Trust asks any questions that it judges are of interest to supporters, based on responses from Trust Members to the advance notification of the meeting, and by generally interacting with the wider supporter base. There is no restriction placed on which questions the Trust choose to ask or points raised with the Club. These notes are then sent to members only, in advance of being posted on our website at a later date.

If any member has raised an issue that it was not possible to discuss in the time available, then please do contact us again in good time before the next meeting or alternatively we can seek to raise it between meetings if that is more appropriate.
TOPICS DISCUSSED

New front of shirt sponsor
    Feedback from Middlesbrough and Charlton games
    General ticketing matters
    Transfer window
    Ground developments
    FFCtv pricing
    AOB

NEW FRONT OF SHIRT SPONSOR

The Trust welcomed the Club's new front of shirt sponsor World Mobile and highlighted the positive feedback from fans, not least that the welcome decision to move away from a betting sponsor enabled children's shirts to carry the logo and hence look like shirts worn by the teams. The Trust looks forward to better understanding World Mobile's programme of work in Africa as the season progresses.

FEEDBACK FROM MIDDLESBROUGH AND CHARLTON GAMES

The Trust reported that fans were delighted to be back watching live football in a good atmosphere and thanked the Club for their efforts in ensuring a successful return to Craven Cottage after 18 months away. Recognising these were the first games back, the Trust raised the following comments and suggestions for improvement based on feedback from supporters at the Middlesbrough match and Charlton friendly:

Season tickets : Whilst appreciating the huge pressures on and commitment from the Ticket Office team, there was considerable frustration from affected supporters whose season tickets had not arrived in time and the lengthy queues that this caused at the Ticket Office before the Middlesbrough match. Supporters asked why season tickets were not distributed earlier;

Programmes : Programmes seem to have sold out before kick-off in some parts of the ground for the Middlesbrough match;

Toilets : The configuration of the Hammersmith End toilets had changed, and the signage was somewhat confusing in some areas;

Congestion : There was significant congestion on the Hammersmith End concourse at half time, a situation which appears to have been worse since the Riverside Stand building work began and is exacerbated in bad weather. This makes it difficult to access the toilet area below the concourse. This has been discussed at previous meetings (pre-pandemic);

Exit gates : At the end of the match, some exit gates appeared to be shut at both ends of the ground that were normally opened, which appeared to significantly slow down exit from the ground;
    Bishops Park : At the Charlton game some stewards appeared to be trying to stop leaving supporters entering Bishops Park.

In response the Club emphasised the challenges it faced in staging the match including the work needed to secure a safety certificate, flooding, the power outage (and hence no internet) last Friday, and the restrictions caused by building work.

But the Club particularly apologised for the inconvenience to those season ticket holders badly affected by the last dispatch of new cards. This had been caused by the ticket card provider, without the Club's knowledge, sub-contracting the printing of the new cards to a French company, and the tickets then being stuck in customs at Stansted airport due to post-Brexit import regulations. The Club had made strong representations at the highest level to their suppliers about the impact of this delay and were conducting a full review of what and how things had gone wrong, to prevent a repeat in the future.

In response to the other points raised by the Trust, the Club:

Confirmed that programmes were produced to the same quantity (approx. 10% of capacity) as previously, but also noted that while some individual sellers may have sold out, copies of the programme are available in the club shop (physical and online);

Said they would look again at toilet signage – also some toilets were being constructed by Buckinghams as part of the Riverside project;

Will continue to monitor congestion at half time and welcomes any further suggestions that may ease this, recognising however that there is limited space;

Confirmed the relevant exit gates at both ends would be fully opened in future; congestion had also been increased by a broken-down ambulance outside the gates;
    Said they would check on any instructions to stewards about Bishops Park.

GENERAL TICKETING MATTERS
New ticketing system

Following the implementation of the new SecuTix ticketing platform, the Trust were delighted to see in the last few days a number of improvements which we have been pressing for in recent years, but which had not been possible on the previous Ticketmaster system. Supporters can now select specific seats from a seat map for away games, a service which has not been available for several years. There is also a new seat selection view for Craven Cottage fixtures. The Club confirmed the recent introduction of these features and welcomes any feedback from supporters.
Loyalty points

In response to a question, the Club confirmed that the transfer of loyalty points to the new ticketing system was now a priority, although loyalty points were not expected to be needed for upcoming matches.
Kids for a quid

The Trust asked when the first kids-for-a-quid game would be and were told the Reading game, with tickets going on sale shortly.
Away fans in home sections

The Trust also asked that every opportunity be taken to ensure that away fans knew there was no longer a neutral section at Fulham. The Club confirmed that for the Middlesbrough fixture they had ceased selling home tickets to anyone, without a booking history, with a Middlesbrough postcode, but acknowledged that did not completely solve the issue of away supporters in home seats. They would look again at the website to make sure it was clear that there were only home and away parts of the ground now and would continue to implement postcode restrictions where necessary.
Colour coded fixture list

The Trust explained that we plan to re-introduce our popular Colour Coded Fixture List this season, to help supporters better understand which games are at risk of moving for TV and other reasons and asked for any input the Club could provide. The Club confirmed its understanding of the so-called "minimum five-week commitment" to not change fixtures but said there is always a risk that dates may change, for instance because of Chelsea's Champions League fixtures. Nevertheless the Trust will provide the best information it can find and publish the Colour Coded Fixture List soon.

TRANSFER WINDOW
Director of Scouting

The Trust asked for an update on the process to appoint a Director of Scouting. The Club said interviews had been held but they were still searching for the right candidate and were determined only to secure someone of the highest quality and experience.
Transfer activity

In response to a question on the likelihood of further activity in this window, the Club confirmed that they were still looking at options, in and out, but along with other clubs were finding the market quiet; the question was whether it would pick up in the normal way as the deadline got closer. Asked about the status of the Harry Wilson transfer, following media reports that it was a loan rather than permanent transfer and confusion within the player's own video interview, the Club said they had a confidentiality agreement with Liverpool about the detail of the transfer, and therefore were unable to comment further.
Academy

The Trust asked about the Club's commitment to the Academy given the frustration of losing good players to other clubs. The Club confirmed that despite the frustrating way the market for Academy players had developed, they remained fully committed. They always tried and were trying to sign up all suitable players on longer-term contracts as soon as allowed, but the influence of agents, in particular persuading players to move, continued to grow.

GROUND DEVELOPMENTS

In response to a series of questions from the Trust, the Club:

Re-iterated there was no immediate intention to introduce a safe standing area as the focus was on the Riverside, but this would be kept under review;

Said any further ground development after the Riverside would critically depend on funding – there were long-term ideas, but no immediate plans;

Said the increase in street parking charges was a matter of LBHF Council's environmental policy. The Trust asked the Club if they might share a link on the Club website to enable supporters to access up to date parking information from the Council;

Had no immediate plans to develop the BBC sports ground site;

Confirmed video reports on the progress of the Riverside stand would continue.

FFCTV PRICING

The Trust reported that it had received a large number of representations from all over the world, including the USA, Africa, Australia and New Zealand, about the high cost of FFCtv's international subscription rising from £120 when last in the Championship to £170 now with, it appeared, Fulham being the most expensive in the Championship.

The Trust added that the comparative cost of equivalent services in the United States, we had been told, was rather less, and the Trust were particularly impressed by representations received from an African Fulham group where the cost was extremely high related to local wages. The Trust were concerned that Fulham would lose some of its international supporter base by this large increase, a base which had built steadily over recent years.

The Club responded that they thought all clubs were charging on or around the iFollow price which was now set at £170 (up from £140 last year, the £120 price was 2 years ago) albeit some clubs had introduced an early bird offer, which was not possible with the later launch of Fulham's service. Fulham were not part of iFollow and indeed provided additional features like the dedicated commentary and alternative camera positions. There was also an option for overseas fans to buy games on a one-off basis at £10 per match, the same as iFollow.

The Club further explained that as per the EFL's pricing strategy, international match passes have also increased and are now in line with domestic prices, meaning individual match passes will be priced at £10 (this cost also increased to £7 per game in 2020/21 season from the previous £5 per game). Therefore, the season-long international streaming pass does remain the best value for overseas supporters accessing live games, as well as still being able to enjoy match replays, reaction and other video content. The Club will continue to deliver its own dedicated matchday production, complete with FFC commentary and content. The Club would, of course, welcome any feedback on the service throughout the season.

Since the meeting the Trust has researched this issue further and it seems that the large majority of Championship clubs have increased their season price to £170, but many have offered an early bird price, commonly at £140, and the Trust is disappointed that Fulham were not, for whatever reason able to make such an offer. The Trust will continue to keep this issue under review.

AOB
Replica shirts

The Trust asked about the increased cost of replica shirts, now £60. The Club said that Adidas had increased the cost of their shirts, Fulham's mark-up had not increased and that prices were generally in line with other clubs who used Adidas kit.

Subsequent to the meeting Trust research has found that both Cardiff and Sheffield United are selling Adidas shirts at £55.
Smaller kit sizes

Supporters with younger children asked when smaller sizes of kit would be available to buy. The Club confirmed that the "mini kits" (up to six years old) would be available in September.

Player profiles

In response to a question from one of our members, the Club said that the updating of U23/U18 player profiles was in train.

The meeting ended at 14:40

https://www.fulhamsupporterstrust.com/news/2021/08/notes-from-august-meeting-with-ffc-3/