watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Got the hump.

Started by bog, August 13, 2021, 09:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

On the BBC this morning, when mentioning Brentord v Arsenal tonight, Naga Munchetty  said that ''football starts tonight...' no it doesn't, football kicked off last week love, it aint just about the Premier league. Then Chris Sutton was giving his thoughts on what will happen in the coming season said 'The massive signings are why we love football...' well that is not why I love football thank you very much. Grr.   :031:   

092.gif 

cookieg

Surely everybody knows by now that there was no football until Sky invented it and set up the premiership/premierleague/primadonnaleague.

filham

To my mind the massive signings, huge wages and dominance of the big six are things I would like to see eliminated.
Football was much better without the Premier League and the big financial background.

Lighthouse

The BBC are frankly very poor both at news reporting and general entertainment. They still manage to rob us of a licence fee but their hundreds of radio and tv stations are all spewing out the same incorrect news. Football is one league and has been for years.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Milo

£100m for a footballer.. surely the opposite of why we love football!

Logicalman

Quote from: filham on August 13, 2021, 09:45:13 AM
To my mind the massive signings, huge wages and dominance of the big six are things I would like to see eliminated.
Football was much better without the Premier League and the big financial background.

Well, if they had their way then that big six would no longer be gracing our turf in the future, but, and with great thanks, the FA and others put the kabosh on that little antic, though it did provide us with the insight as to how they think of football as simply money, money, money, and sod the actual game itself.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

filham

Quote from: Logicalman on August 13, 2021, 12:27:08 PM
Quote from: filham on August 13, 2021, 09:45:13 AM

Well, if they had their way then that big six would no longer be gracing our turf in the future, but, and with great thanks, the FA and others put the kabosh on that little antic, though it did provide us with the insight as to how they think of football as simply money, money, money, and sod the actual game itself.
Sorry, I phrased things badly, I really want Liverpool, Man.City,, Man.U., Spurs., Arsenal and Chelsea to remain with us but for them to be cut down to size so that we have a truly competitive top division with a level playing field.