watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our Sick Notes

Started by filham, August 14, 2021, 10:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

I see that Reed will not be available to start today.
So we have Kongola, Cairney, Mawson and Reed who are unlikely to be first team regulars throughout the season.
Have we ever had so many sicknotes in the squad and can we really afford such a situation.

H4usuallysitting

I'm wondering if Cairney, Kongolo & Mawson will ever play for us again.... Reed should be ok long term........ Has Wilson already replaced Cairney

Statto

Bill2

Reed when fit will be playing, but he is susceptible to bouts of injury which keep him out for weeks. Not sure what the problem is and if it is the same one every time.
Having key players with regular injury problems does nothing for the team and probably better to replace them. You cannot expect a club like Fulham to have a player on the bench of quality but only getting a game when the main man gets injured.

H4usuallysitting

Whitestone

Cairney is the biggest loss from this group. If, as I suspect, he will be missing for quite a while we must find a suitable replacement this window.

Reed is a repeat absentee too and is a big loss at the moment. We must select Anguissa today.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Whitestone on August 14, 2021, 10:53:26 AM
Cairney is the biggest loss from this group. If, as I suspect, he will be missing for quite a while we must find a suitable replacement this window.

Reed is a repeat absentee too and is a big loss at the moment. We must select Anguissa today.

Isn't Anguissa off..... wouldn't Wilson be a Cairney replacement

bobby01

I think the Reed injury is linked to his all action style of playing, Cairney I now wonder if he will ever return as a force, still a fair bit of his long contract left and well paid as well. Kongolo I feel has just been unlucky with his last 2 injuries, as before that it seemed he only had occasional hamstring pulls. Mawson I really don't know but he does seem to have a troublesome knee.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Whitestone

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 14, 2021, 10:59:08 AM
Quote from: Whitestone on August 14, 2021, 10:53:26 AM

Isn't Anguissa off..... wouldn't Wilson be a Cairney replacement

Anguissa is a Fulham player. Yes, he may be off but until such time, just like Grimes at Swansea he should be playing. We were so lightweight against Middlesbrough, particularly with Reed absent that we simply can't afford not to play him.

I'm not so sure that Wilson is a Cairney replacement. I would imagine in an ideal world both would play with Wilson wide right.

gang

Tom will never return as the player we knew, perhaps it's time to cut our loss and pay his contract off.

filham

Quote from: Statto on August 14, 2021, 10:36:15 AM
Mawson is fit
That is unusual, when is his next injury due.